Anyone playing hardcore from Australia/New Zealand? Wondering if its possible, I assume it might be with certain builds but surprise lag will be a massive problem.

Just reading this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/76058

And i really really hope he ignores chaos resistances untill merciless given that he'll end up on a negative resistance unless he get's some sort of boost through gear or nodes and since he want's an ES build he'll have a fairly small health pool anyway...ohh to see his face when he waltzes into a room full of ranged magic vall constructs with an increased crit chance

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Anyone playing hardcore from Australia/New Zealand? Wondering if its possible, I assume it might be with certain builds but surprise lag will be a massive problem.
    They have a gateway in Singapore, not sure how bad can Austrailans have connection to that. You can see ppl from Europe playing on US gateway without problem.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    They have a gateway in Singapore, not sure how bad can Austrailans have connection to that. You can see ppl from Europe playing on US gateway without problem.
    Indeed, I have got 6-15 MS on the so-called 'American server instance', and I'm sitting on a scandinavian connection. Me thinks they just copy pasta'd the server region name from US to EU

This game is everything Diablo 3 should and shouldn't have been, I really recommend playing this!

Okay already 10 levels into the game I'm starting to enjoy it alot. It feels good, abit better than Torchlight II for me.

It was easy to get a good understanding off the passive tree's and skils (Youtube and google marry me!). Still not so sure on the crafting part off the game, but the rest was quit easy to figure out - Something I worried about, considering the first thing I ever heard about POE was "That game with the huge talent tree".

Haven't encountered any bugs, controles feels pretty good (Died once so far cause off some wierd controle/obstacle thing inn my way as I ran into an elite), and I quit like the graphics inn the game. They are pretty good for the eye, nothing mind-blowing, but good. I especially enjoyed being inside caves where you get this kinda creepy dark atmosphere witch Diablo3 has none off almost.

Game on ultra runs fluid on my decent specced PC aswell (I could run wow on ultra with plenty of addons inn 25 raids and have around 20 FPS), and the settings allows for even lower PC's to easly play it.

Edit; With now 3 ARPG's played inn like ½ a year the genre does tend to be abit booring atm, but the game can easly be played casualy, so no biggie if I find I'm bored, considering that D3, T2 and POE dosen't change much inn terms of overall game-play.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-01-27 at 12:35 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    It was easy to get a good understanding off the passive tree's and skils (Youtube and google marry me!). Still not so sure on the crafting part off the game, but the rest was quit easy to figure out - Something I worried about, considering the first thing I ever heard about POE was "That game with the huge talent tree".
    The crafting seems to be pretty good as well. It's not just one dimensional give stuff craft stuff, you can play around with quality of base item, its sockets, socket links, you can add affixes, reroll them, reroll just values of affixes, you can make quality white items to magic/rare items. You can "build" great items with crafting more purposely step by step instead of betting everything on one shot rng.

And items have more basic values besides damage/atk speed/armor so that's nice as well.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    I like the game, but the way group loot is currently set is killing any desire to play with others. Really why do they feel that there needs to be a way to take other people's items? I don't want to constantly worry about how every single mob in the game could drop some nice item for me that will get stolen away if I'm not right next to it and ready to loot it.

Guess I'll stick with soloing from now on, although I would have liked to play in a group of 6.
    It's always been their goal to make it cut throat...as far as i know the game doesn't allocate items to you that you can use ore are speced for but just tries to divide it evenly...you could always nick their stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the game, but the way group loot is currently set is killing any desire to play with others. Really why do they feel that there needs to be a way to take other people's items? I don't want to constantly worry about how every single mob in the game could drop some nice item for me that will get stolen away if I'm not right next to it and ready to loot it.

Guess I'll stick with soloing from now on, although I would have liked to play in a group of 6.
    I agree to an extent, the system itself is ok in my opinion but the timer is far too short. Don't know if it gets longer later on (higher level maps or loot etc) but as it stands you have to be pretty close to the mob when it dies if you want a chance to click your gear before it runs out. I like having a short-ish timer but I'd be happy if it was 4~ seconds.

Love the potion system. Too many games have you fight, use potions, then hide while you wait for your potions to come off of CD. The fact that you need to fight and kill for your potions to come back up really adds something nice.

However, don't like the fact that bosses don't regen health. I had an epic battle with the last boss in act I and ended up messing up when it had barely any health left. Respawned, got a little bit of frost resistance to help, zoned back in, and I ended up killing it in a matter of seconds. This is on normal, so maybe it's different on higher difficulties.

Also, had some unresponsiveness with my keyboard. If I had a skill bound to w and pressed w, it sometimes wouldn't cast. If I bound it to my mouse, it worked 100% of the time. Also, if I opened up my chat and started typing, there was no lag at all. Died once or twice because I was overzealous and waited too long to drink a health pot, only to find it not responding, but this was also during the time that the servers kept getting DDOSed so as far as I'm aware it should be fine.

Anyway, I'm impressed, and that's saying something. Really liking the game thus far, but I only hope that the endgame is as meaningful as I hoped it to be!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If you weren't such a monkey brain eating, cuitie pie with great hair I would slap you, Majad.
    Haha. I didn't expect that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Love the potion system. Too many games have you fight, use potions, then hide while you wait for your potions to come off of CD. The fact that you need to fight and kill for your potions to come back up really adds something nice.
    Yeah, I love that system. It's pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

However, don't like the fact that bosses don't regen health. I had an epic battle with the last boss in act I and ended up messing up when it had barely any health left. Respawned, got a little bit of frost resistance to help, zoned back in, and I ended up killing it in a matter of seconds. This is on normal, so maybe it's different on higher difficulties.

Also, had some unresponsiveness with my keyboard. If I had a skill bound to w and pressed w, it sometimes wouldn't cast. If I bound it to my mouse, it worked 100% of the time. Also, if I opened up my chat and started typing, there was no lag at all. Died once or twice because I was overzealous and waited too long to drink a health pot, only to find it not responding, but this was also during the time that the servers kept getting DDOSed so as far as I'm aware it should be fine.

Anyway, I'm impressed, and that's saying something. Really liking the game thus far, but I only hope that the endgame is as meaningful as I hoped it to be!
    Wait 'til you get to cruel/merciless... you're going to love that diminished health regen.

Just started playing this game, so far I really like it. Much better first impressions than that of Diablo 3. I feel like the classes are put together well and that the spells and passive skill points are a brilliant addition!

I've just started doing a Let's Play series on YouTube about it, bearing in mind I have no prior knowledge of the game before it went Open Beta, so I undoubtedly make noob mistakes and take bad skill points.

If you want to check it out, visit www.youtube.com/thewaudbys and you can find it on there (sorry if this isn't allowed).

Going to be capturing as much of the game as I possibly can do, all while learning - you'll probably see a new character at some point once I've learnt from the big mistakes aha!

9 levels in and i'm enjoying it. I feel like it has a lore more atmosphere than Diablo 3. It's a lot of fun. And it's free.. so you can't beat that. I'll probably buy some graphical enhancements form the store to give back.

Deleted
    I love it when I die, because then I can try out a new build

This may be a noob question but its my first beta and i wonder.When the game actually launches,can i continue with my character from beta?

I hate the loot system. I posted in the massive loot thread like a dozen times against the current system. -_-

Devs like it that way though, just like their opposition to floating damage numbers. I believe Chris said he likes the adrenalin rush of having to weight the risk/reward of a drop quickly and the inherent cutthroat aspect it inspires/

I think it is fucking awful.

Artistic integrity and all that though. It is the developer's prerogative to create the game as they envision. So there is that. Also it seems that high level play is untended for dedicated groups. As that is the safest and most efficient means of progressing. Not random pub parties- but groups with thought out build compositions and pooled resources.

GGG are working on some sort of guild tag system for some later time. And of course, the custom leagues. Wait and see, I guess.

Public games with Johnny Random do seem intended to be as they are currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefoo View Post
    This may be a noob question but its my first beta and i wonder.When the game actually launches,can i continue with my character from beta?
    Yes, there will be no more character wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefoo View Post
    This is the launch. Open Beta is a soft release.

And yes, there will be no more character wipes.

Deleted
    I do agree with the group loot system being terrible. It was one of my main gripes with Borderlands 1. and when they didn't fix it for the second game, It just left a bad taste in my mouth and I never finished it. (Altough PoE's system is slightly better.)

It seems like PoE is getting DDoSed or something. Game and website aren't responding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged