Deleted

Infernal/Abyssal

does anyone have rough math as to when it's even worth casting these? the AOE damage they produce after the initial landing is pitiful, it seems like you would need to have some insane number of adds present for the entire duration just to make this a DPS increase over Doomguard. I only ever use it for world or battleground PvP at the moment.

I believe it requires 8 targets that are up for the full duration of the Infernal.

In this tier there is not a fight where it is used.

Deleted
    I actually use it on Windlord, think we CC 2-3 mobs so I just pop him in the mass of mobs and a boss.

Bad choise by me?

Boss takes double damage during p2, so yeah, way better to use Doomguard during execute.

Deleted
    I use it on Elegon last phase when all the adds are dragged in you can hit them all + Elegon if you have MF.
    The Doomguard only works on the pillars (on heroic, not sure about normal), but they are up for a short time, so I feel it's a waste to use it there, the infernal does decent damage on impact, and keeps attacking the boss until the end, so seems to be a better choice for this particular boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    I believe it requires 8 targets that are up for the full duration of the Infernal.

In this tier there is not a fight where it is used.
    I use it on Elegon HC because Doomguard cannot hit the boss. So I use it to stun (and kill) the adds from the P3->P1 transition. With Mannoroth's Fury it's quite a nice stun

Hmm, isn't it worth using on the boss with 4 legs, where you receive 100% dmg bonus if you are at melee range?(Since infernal is always melee range!)
    i didn't raided this tier yet. Got on a core last night and will start raiding this week.

Also i must say, i wish Infernal was just a little behind doomguard, i would trade 1k dps for using an awesome Infernal everyfight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    I actually use it on Windlord, think we CC 2-3 mobs so I just pop him in the mass of mobs and a boss.

Bad choise by me?
    Wouldn't stun from infernal summon actually break control on the other adds?
    Anyway, in the second phase boss has debuff on incoming damage and doomguard also has damage buff during the execution phase, so summoning infernal on phase 1 seems like a waste to me.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Wouldn't stun from infernal summon actually break control on the other adds?
    Anyway, in the second phase boss has debuff on incoming damage and doomguard also has damage buff during the execution phase, so summoning infernal on phase 1 seems like a waste to me.
    Stun doesn't work on them(neither do Slows/Roots). Other forms of CC do, eg. Polymorph, Incapacitate(Frag bombs from Engi, Gouge from Rogue), Blind, Hunter Trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayu7 View Post
    I use it on Elegon last phase when all the adds are dragged in you can hit them all + Elegon if you have MF.
    The Doomguard only works on the pillars (on heroic, not sure about normal), but they are up for a short time, so I feel it's a waste to use it there, the infernal does decent damage on impact, and keeps attacking the boss until the end, so seems to be a better choice for this particular boss.
    This, probably the only boss though. doomguard on pillars is pointless

Deleted
    Hmm okay, thanks for the answers.
    Shame though, as the Abyssal/Infernal is so cool. :-(

Dommguard/Terrorguard is probably better as you guys say yeah.