Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why won't blizzard remove this RBG cancer that's ruining pvp?

2700 rated arena = less point cap than 1700 RBG.

This is about as bad as making you do 15 dailies per day every day just to enter a raid dungeon. At the very least you don't have to join groups of "mage/lock/priest + one frost dk only" tryharding retards that infest 99% of all RBG groups.

There have been several types of cancer that have ruined WoW PvP:

- Dishonorable Kills
    - Gear through Ranks/Rankings in PvP that decay when you don't play or when you lose (+ artificial gear reset every season)
    - Battlegrounds
    - Arena
    - RBG

All but one remain, and Dishonorable Kills were only removed after it no longer made any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to sound like a douchbag now, but 1.7k RBG is 2576 Conquest Point cap, 2.7k arena is 3121...
    At 1700 rating in RBG you have an equal cap to 1966 rating in arena.

Deleted
    You could just cancel your subscription, that would be a big step in the right direction.

I've been cancelled for a while now.

depending on how they handle pvp in 5.2 I might return but this RBG garbage just makes me never want to play at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post

depending on how they handle pvp in 5.2 I might return but this RBG garbage just makes me never want to play at all.
    Funny, most PvP'ers I know have welcomed RBGs with open arms. Who cares about caps at what ratings, it's the concept itself that's been long awaited for.

Yeah cause they're mages/priest/locks who get 3x inflated ratings just for no-lifing because RBGs require 25 minutes per match + queue + need to be on unemployed-peak hours to get the good groups.

For people who have jobs or would prefer arena you can enjoy the -30% arena cap by default, then the fact that an RBG player is usually +300-500 rating higher than his arena counterpart of equal skill, no thanks I'm better off with pay-to-win games or something.

Deleted

Expert on current state of game. Hasn't been subbed for ''a while now''. Next.

Deleted
    Yeah cause they're mages/priest/locks who get 3x inflated ratings just for no-lifing because RBGs require 25 minutes per match + queue + need to be on unemployed-peak hours to get the good groups.

For people who have jobs or would prefer arena you can enjoy the -30% arena cap by default, then the fact that an RBG player is usually +300-500 rating higher than his arena counterpart of equal skill, no thanks I'm better off with pay-to-win games or something.
    You totally missed my point, congrats. And as been said, you're unsubbed, your opinion on the state of things is worth nothing.

i like the idea of rbgs, and when i did them in S9 i found them quite fun. i like bgs in general, i don't think rbgs themselves are the problem, its how blizz is treating them

they have three huge flaws.

unchecked and rampant wintrading and exploiting.
    higher points cap compared to arena
    several specs and classes are unwelcome.

they need to crack down on the exploiting, seriously. its getting dumb and scary the amount of corruption on the american ladders. and its screwing up the mid range arena ladders.

they need to equalize the points caps, you should be able to cap completely from arena, or from rbgs, or from a combination of both. you shouldn't be required to do rbgs for a higher cap.

some specs are completely unwelcome in them. good luck trying to get an rbg spot as a ret paladin, enhance shaman or a disc priest. you are just not wanted. if you want to access the higher points cap that comes with rbgs you have to completely respec and regear to play somthing you probably don't enjoy.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

how does it actually ruin pvp though?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Funny, most PvP'ers I know have welcomed RBGs with open arms. Who cares about caps at what ratings, it's the concept itself that's been long awaited for.
    Yeah, most players welcome them because of the higher cap gain (and easier gained rating because of win trading inflation), not because they enjoy doing them in any sort of competetive way.

Blizzard would never allow 25mans to drop twice the amount of gear per player in comparison to 10mans while keeping 10man difficulty much higher. Yet RBGs gives a much better rating cap, and they are much much easier to gain rating in (because of rating inflation), in comparison to arena. It is a pretty flawed design, and shows how much less they care about equalizing PvP in comparison to PvE.

Fixing RBG exploiting, stopping win trading, resetting mmr in RBGs, and reducing the marginal CP gain per rating of doing RBGs relative to arena would fix this issue complete, yet we probably wont see a fix within this expansion.
    Another solution would be to remove the elite gear they plan to introduce in 5.2, seeing as that would basically stop any gearing differences... But that wont be the case either, seeing as Blizzard insists on keeping the gearing treadmill in competetive PvP...
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2013-01-28 at 01:53 AM.

The conq cap is higher in rbgs because blizzard is afraid people wont participate in them if the cap is equal to arena.
    Why? Because most people don't care about rbgs.

I would love it if it was optional to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    how does it actually ruin pvp though?
    I can only speculate, but they have to balance around both 3v3 and rbgs, which can make something that works in 3v3 get scrapped because it wouldn't work in rbgs.
    Its also full of exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The conq cap is higher in rbgs because blizzard is afraid people wont participate in them if the cap is equal to arena.
    Just like these godamn dailies and 25man raiding, blizzard thinks they can force people to do all this garbage by making them "mandatory" by gimping the alternative. 10/10 way of making people have fun and keeping subs I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post

I would love it if it was optional to do it.

I can only speculate, but they have to balance around both 3v3 and rbgs, which can make something that works in 3v3 get scrapped because it wouldn't work in rbgs.
    Its also full of exploits.
    i think you forgot the worst part of rbg's. The ddos's
    yay great community's
    /sarcasm
    just how much itll happen is stupid

10+ Year Old Account

This is about as bad as making you do 15 dailies per day every day just to enter a raid dungeon. At the very least you don't have to join groups of "mage/lock/priest + one frost dk only" tryharding retards that infest 99% of all RBG groups.
    From this it looks like your issue isn't with RBGs but the inflated point cap. Personally, I like RBGs but I don't think the inflation is necessary. I assume its there because it takes a lot of time to get 10 players together BUT its so much easier to get a higher rating, even without cheating, that I don't think we need it. Much easier to get 2200 in RBGs than it is to get the same rating in 3s, in my opinion. At least, that's my experience playing the spec that I play.

And if they still require you to do RBGs to get your points capped, that should go as well. Even if I like something, I still don't want it shoved in my face. Maybe I'd rather just do arenas that week, and if thats what I want to do, let me do it.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

10+ Year Old Account
    How do Arena not ruin PvP & cause the game server in-balancing issues??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

RBG are the best thing to come out of Cata. You can queue up run with friends and play against other teams that are at the very least decent which is far better then doing a random BG. I know some ppl want to go into a bg with afker,bots and other forms of bad played toons but that is no fun at all. You do see a lot of the same team make set ups and play styles in RBGs so that can get a bit old I guess.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 01:26 AM ----------

Not sure where you live but the peak hours are in the late afternoon to early night on every US server. RBGs follow this trend also, if you do them during the day time you wait up to 45 minutes for a queue sometimes in the evening it is 10 minutes or so. The huge gap in the wait time pretty much says it all.

Arena's conquest cap hasn't gone down from what it was prior to RBGs so they have lost nothing. Now there is just another form to get those points. The cap does rise up too fast and due to the fact ppl can be carried in RBGs much easier then they can in arenas many ppl have higher RBG rankings then they would ever see in arenas. It isn't a perfect system, but it isn't the curse you are acting like it is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Rbgs are fine, if you don't like it don't do it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Just like these godamn dailies and 25man raiding, blizzard thinks they can force people to do all this garbage by making them "mandatory" by gimping the alternative. 10/10 way of making people have fun and keeping subs I guess.
    I like rbg, and while reading this "post" of yous it gives me feeling you dont have a clue what youre talking about. Maybe you should start to smoking again, sounds like you got a lot of hate built inside you bro.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Not to sound like a douchbag now, but 1.7k RBG is 2576 Conquest Point cap, 2.7k arena is 3121...
    At 1700 rating in RBG you have an equal cap to 1966 rating in arena.
    ok close this thread