Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Meanwhile, our economy stays in the toilet, the deficit continues to rise, and the divide of our nation grows while useless POS politicians like the Neo-Nazi Feinstein pushes her personal agenda. It's time to tell these rich jerks to quit with the useless dog and pony sideshows and get to work on the real needs of this country. All this gun control #$%$, of which nothing real will get done, is just sleight of hand to avoid the real issues.
    If it makes bleeding hearts feel like they did something then to some its worth it.

A bunch of kids died and they can't waste an opportunity like that, our real problems be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    And this shows how much the right has shifted even further right in the past 30 years, while demanding everyone else do only what they want.

Hooray!
    I don't want people to do what I want, people should do what is right by the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Fuck your assault weapons ban.

You can come up with no good reason to ban them.

They're used in only an incredibly small portion of violent crime.

If you want to address gun violence, you go after the people who use the guns. Leave the millions of us who are at no risk of violent crime alone.

This talk of banning certain guns makes me want to go buy an AR-15 just because fuck the hippies.
    Oh ouch your harsh vulgar words are cutting me like knifes please make it stop..

You remind me of that Gun Owners that Piers was doing an interview and this Pro Gun guy went off on a complete rant about the Gov trying to take our weapons. He was only on there for a small amount of time before they kicked him off the set. In reality people like you who do not use logic or have no decent counter argument besides saying screw you..is nothing new.

Actually in truth the most un-stable the person appears to be and the more aggressive much like you are. It only feeds into the narrative that some Gun Owners should not be owning weapons like AR-15 just their personality and entire attitude about the situation nicely feeds into the stereotype they have created for themselves.

If people like this like to insult Liberals and call the hippies then I see no reason with I use quotes from Ronald Reagan. Perhaps if people did not use this type of wording it would make my counter arugment invalid sadly people like this only make it stronger that owning weapons for everyone mentally may not be the best healthy of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    And you took my entire post completely out of context by selectively picking apart my entire post.

REGULATED BACK THEN MEANT TRAINED, NOT REGULATED AS IN THE REGULATION OR LIMITING OF. THEY WERE NEVER IN FAVOR OF REGULATION.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is where it says gun regulation isn't allowed.

You sure do have trouble reading everything when it doesn't suit you, don't you?

No, you have no rights when you decide to give them up for "security" of the regulation/banning of guns.

Wells, how about this, you have the right to free speech, correct? Now what if we regulated your speech, by modifying your vocal cords, you still have the right to speak, but what you can say is regulated.

If you don't understand this, then you need to attend a class or something to deal with your anger/ignorance.
    So let me get this straight. When it says regulated it doesn't mean regulated. And when it says militia its really not talking about the militia. But when it says shall not be infringed it means I can own any weapon ever.

This doesn't seem like selective interpretation at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    I don't want people to do what I want, people should do what is right by the Constitution
    I would hope that those who are pushing gun rights on the grounds of preventing a loss of liberty would also be for pushing marriage equality on the grounds of expanding liberty. This is an issue that has bothered me with the conservatives pushing against this bill. Not to say that you fall under this banner, but in general, I see people who seem to fall under the "I fight for the rights that I want" mentality.

And this shows how much the right has shifted even further right in the past 30 years, while demanding everyone else do only what they want.

Hooray!
    Excuse me, but no republican is beholden to agree with everything Reagan ever said.

Even former president Clinton readily admits the assault weapons ban did absolutely nothing. Why the hell would anyone try it again?

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Oh ouch your harsh vulgar words are cutting me like knifes please make it stop..

You remind me of that Gun Owners that Piers was doing an interview and this Pro Gun guy went off on a complete rant about the Gov trying to take our weapons. He was only on there for a small amount of time before they kicked him off the set. In reality people like you who do not use logic or have no decent counter argument besides saying screw you..is nothing new.

Actually in truth the most un-stable the person appears to be and the more aggressive much like you are. It only feeds into the narrative that some Gun Owners should not be owning weapons like AR-15 just their personality and entire attitude about the situation nicely feeds into the stereotype they have created for themselves.

If people like this like to insult Liberals and call the hippies then I see no reason with I use quotes from Ronald Reagan. Perhaps if people did not use this type of wording it would make my counter arugment invalid sadly people like this only make it stronger that owning weapons for everyone mentally may not be the best healthy of thing
    Except, you don't want anyone to own semi-autos. Also, Piers is a hack. Seriously, stop worshiping CNN.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I would hope that those who are pushing gun rights on the grounds of preventing a loss of liberty would also be for pushing marriage equality on the grounds of expanding liberty. This is an issue that has bothered me with the conservatives pushing against this bill. Not to say that you fall under this banner, but in general, I see people who seem to fall under the "I fight for the rights that I want" mentality.
    Many people on both "sides" are like that. Its quite sad.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So let me get this straight. When it says regulated it doesn't mean regulated. And when it says militia its really not talking about the militia. But when it says shall not be infringed it means I can own any weapon ever.

This doesn't seem like selective interpretation at all.
    Are you saying they are wrong? That the means of words can't, and in this situation haven't changed at all?

Excuse me, but no republican is beholden to agree with everything Reagan ever said.

Even former president Clinton readily admits the assault weapons ban did absolutely nothing. Why the hell would anyone try it again?
    Who cares what Reagan said!

Look at what Clinton said!

I didn't say you were. I'm saying for years Reagan was held as everything a republican should be. I know someone I work with that actually has a shrine to him. Meanwhile, he actually worked with the left to get stuff done. But now he is a RINO because he isn't republican enough? Are you kidding me?

Deleted
    Warning: People need to chill out.

I think you're misunderstanding what "logic" actually is in this discussion.

Logic involves looking at history (The assault weapons ban that was already in place in the 90s), seeing how it worked (protip: it did jack shit) and deciding whether to do it again (we shouldn't).

What the hell does anyone hope to accomplish with this ban?

The logic against banning certain types of guns is sound. You don't abridge a constitutional right just because you see no reason said right should extend to some subset of that right.

That's like if you said "Well yeah, the first amendment protects your freedom of speech... but why does anyone need to talk in public about how much they hate black people?"

If you want to abridge a constitutional right you need a DAMN fucking good reason to do so and it is not on us to prove we somehow need it.

The burden is ontologically yours to prove the benefits of banning certain weapons outweigh the costs of abridging our right.

I didn't say you were. I'm saying for years Reagan was held as everything a republican should be. I know someone I work with that actually has a shrine to him. Meanwhile, he actually worked with the left to get stuff done. But now he is a RINO because he isn't republican enough? Are you kidding me?
    Because he is held in high regard by many, we should hang on and obey every word he said?

Pretty much I'd reply into detail the Irony of you not caring what a person was considered the highest regarded President in the Republican Party to this very day people still care people to him when they're running for President and your mirror view about something a Liberal said is highly strange.

So I should not care what Ronald said but I SHOULD care what Bill said. Your logic is strange to me. However other posters have already jumped on to this. It's simple if he agreed what you said. You would repeat it just like I have. It only matters what someone said when their supporting your own argument. That is very odd.

Pretty much I'd reply into detail the Irony of you not caring what a person was considered the highest regarded President in the Republican Party to this very day people still care people to him when they're running for President and your mirror view about something a Liberal said is highly strange.

So I should not care what Ronald said but I SHOULD care what Bill said. Your logic is strange to me. However other posters have already jumped on to this. It's simple if he agreed what you said. You would repeat it just like I have. It only matters what someone said when their supporting your own argument. That is very odd.
    Enough of this pussyfooting around.

Give me a single good reason we should ban assault weapons or whatever it is you want to ban.

The burden is on you to prove the benefits of banning certain weapons outweigh the costs. It's not on me to prove I need 100 rounds in a magazine.

OMG the irony and hypocrisy here. The logic is this: If you think that we should follow what one president said, why not also another? The point is, its silly to hang on every word a president ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Because he is held in high regard by many, we should hang on and obey every word he said?
    No, I'm saying I find it odd that this guy said that he didn't even view Reagan as a Republican. First time I'd heard Reagan described as a RINO

No, I'm saying I find it odd that this guy said that he didn't even view Reagan as a Republican. First time I'd heard Reagan described as a RINO
    From what you quoted, he was just stating that just because people hold him in high regard, doesn't mean he is never wrong or that those people can't disagree with some things he was in favor of or said.

RINO is a term coined by Tea Party. Which means to say Republican in name Only. I posted a video about the Tea Party some time back when I talked about Voter ID Laws. I think this video describes them quite nicely. You do not ever hear Republicans call each other RINO's. Only a term used by the most extreme people in their party. (Tea Party)

RINO is a term coined by Tea Party. Which means to say Republican in name Only. I posted a video about the Tea Party some time back when I talked about Voter ID Laws. I think this video describes them quite nicely. You do not ever hear Republicans call each other RINO's. Only a term used by the most extreme people in their party. (Tea Party)
    No, it wasn't coined by the Tea Party. RINO was around long before the Tea Party sprang up, and long before they were 'corrupted' by big business.

10+ Year Old Account
    As regards the people saying "the Second Amendment was included as a counter against tyranny/foreign invasion"...just, no. It was included as a countermeasure against slave rebellions.

But that's beside the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.