Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Broxigar will always be the most powerful warrior to have ever lived on azeroth. He tore though the legions armies in there home world with just his axe, and it took the lord of the legion to finally kill him..
    yes... He had " just an axe" nothing special about that axe, you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Broxigar > Saurfang > Varian/Garosh
    first off, you writting like that shows you have no knowlege of lore. Since Varian > garrosh not " / " since he almost killed him in wolfheart. there is no infomation why saurfang would win over Varian. Saurfang is a good warrior, not just good he is briliant, one of the best. But Varian is impowered by a God, and garrosh is also a briliant warrior, as good as they come. So i would say varian also would win here, mainly because empowered beats normal.
    varian vs broxigar that i can not comment on, Varian have his super dragon onixya slaying swords, Broxigar have his super demon slaying enchated axe. Both are as good as it comes to fighting, i would say a it is about euqale

Varian? Im a far better warrior than he is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Broxy was the best warrior in Azeroth.

As a straight up warrior currently defenetly Varian. One thing I cant believe in all the others mentioned is how has not on eperson even mentioned Turalyon. A complete badass fighter and one of the most powerful paladins. If i remember correctly didnt the mighty Doomhammer flee from him in combat for fear. Something no one elsehas ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Saurfang is a good warrior, not just good he is briliant, one of the best.
    Saurfang is a military man, he's a leader whom fights at the forefront as he should be.

But Varian is impowered by a God, and garrosh is also a briliant warrior, as good as they come. So i would say varian also would win here, mainly because empowered beats normal.
    Goldrinn is no God, he's an Ancient. Varian would beat Garrosh one on one because Garrosh is an inexperienced little pipsqueak in battle compared to a gladiator champion that is Varian.

varian vs broxigar that i can not comment on, Varian have his super dragon onixya slaying swords, Broxigar have his super demon slaying enchated axe. Both are as good as it comes to fighting, i would say a it is about euqale
    As good as Broxigar is, we can't ignore the fact he's a Knaak creation, complete with a stomach churning bunch of lore-breaking crap about a statue to him honoured by the Kal'dorei.

If you're comparing Varian against other lore characters I think we are missing one great Orc Warrior in this list: Grom Hellscream. Not only was he a great warrior he also knew honor (even though corrupted with the demon blood during first & second war). Also don't forget Orgrim Doomhammer himself: not corrupted with demon blood but still the strongest orc during the second war.

But just as Broxigar, they are no longer "of this world" and therefor can not be used in the question from the OP.

Of all the warriors living today I have to say Varian is the best of them. Garrosh could defeat him, but his temper and ego always get in the way. Varian fights clever, uses his strenghts and knows his own weaknesses. Varok & Rexxar (although both great warriors) have had their prime I think.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    As a straight up warrior currently defenetly Varian. One thing I cant believe in all the others mentioned is how has not on eperson even mentioned Turalyon. A complete badass fighter and one of the most powerful paladins. If i remember correctly didnt the mighty Doomhammer flee from him in combat for fear. Something no one elsehas ever done.
    Turalyon is great: but no warrior. He was a Priest and later trained as one of the greatest Paladins to ever walk Azeroth. But still no warrior...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Saurfang is a military man, he's a leader whom fights at the forefront as he should be.

Goldrinn is no God, he's an Ancient. Varian would beat Garrosh one on one because Garrosh is an inexperienced little pipsqueak in battle compared to a gladiator champion that is Varian.

As good as Broxigar is, we can't ignore the fact he's a Knaak creation, complete with a stomach churning bunch of lore-breaking crap about a statue to him honoured by the Kal'dorei.
    pretty much what i meant just easyer to say Goldrinn is aGod, he's an Ancient. Since 80% on these forum to not know the different, and just to point out goldrinn is not the avage " wolf". And about Broxigar, i also know what he is but purely "fighting wise" is he a briliant fighter.

all in all what i meant:P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I really want him died, the thing is that made his feat so strong was that he sacrificed himself, retconning him to exist would diminish his heroic feat.
    In the same way that Ner´zul had his soul torn from his body they could reanimate Broxigar in some way as an ironic punishment.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    The moment mannoroth died the orcs were freed from the slavery aswell as empowerment.

The demon blood in them is no longer active. So he cant be empowered anymore.
    Yeees... I guess that why on every crit the emote goes "... eyes glows red for a brief moment".

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post

Sargeras one shotted him, he dead.
    And since when has that been an excuse for coming back?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

None will ever compare to Saurfang to me. I know broxigar was mary sue'd out the ass in books or whatever, but I never saw any of it. It's just words on paper.

But I will never forget Saurfang as the supreme commander of the combined armies of both horde and alliance, all under his command, as he waged war on the silithid. I remember watching him take to the field and slaughter them. He was also an extremely powerful NPC, I still remember people sneaking into orgrimmar and using mind control on him and having him one-shot anyone as a result. He was such a beast. I've never felt the same about any character ever introduced into WOW as I did for him. He was awe inspiring to behold. I was there when the gates were opened, hundreds of players from both factions lined up as well as the NPC armies as all hell broke loose.

He is also the only orc as far as I know that doesn't whine and cry about having been corrupted by demons and use it as an excuse for all the atrocities and evils they did and still do. He accepts the fact he chose to drink that demonic blood and accepts responsibility for all he did as a result of that. It makes him the only truly honorable orc in my eyes, the rest are just pretenders.

Saurfang is, and always will be, the greatest warrior in my eyes. Varian and Garrosh are weak plot devices created for various purposes with personalities that are warmongering and stupid as a means to an end for blizzard. They would never command the respect someone like saurfang does in all their arrogance. The only reason either of them have any authority at all is because they inherited it. Garrosh being related to Grom and Varian being of royal blood. That is the extent of their importance in the grand scheme of things.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Warrior as in Class? Most likely yes, the mightiest Fury Warrior
    Of all humans? If in means of class then yes, if in means of melee combat than it's debatable if you count Tirion or Morgraine
    Of all Alliance warriors? Probably yes
    Of all Alliance melee fighters? Depabtable, Tirion once agian.
    Of all Azeroth? Debatable if we count Garrosh as Arms Warrior. Funily enough we havent seen them crossing swords since Ulduar, it would be interesting to see how they would fare agianst one another in their current state.
    Of all time? No... Broxigar was the mightiest warrior ever.

And before you go about Saurfang then yes I purposely omitted him. Sorry but he's to old for this crap. It's about time he would serve as Ogrimmar's mall security.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Of all Azeroth? Debatable if we count Garrosh as Arms Warrior. Funily enough we havent seen them crossing swords since Ulduar, it would be interesting to see how they would fare agianst one another in their current state.
    Guess you never read Wolfheart or Tides of War?

Of all time? No... Broxigar was the mightiest warrior ever.
    Without the axe he was just another sadfaiz orc.

15+ Year Old Account

Same can be said of Varian - without Lo´gosh he ain´t alot more than alot of others.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Razuvious was propably one of the strongest, too bad his own disciples turned against him. He could oneshot anyone not trained by him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    pretty much what i meant just easyer to say Goldrinn is aGod, he's an Ancient. Since 80% on these forum to not know the different, and just to point out goldrinn is not the avage " wolf". And about Broxigar, i also know what he is but purely "fighting wise" is he a briliant fighter.

all in all what i meant:P

Brox lived through ALL 3 wars and fought on the front lines in all 3. Guy can fight be sure of that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 02:39 PM ----------

Without the axe he survived ALL 3 WARS INCLUDING the second demon invasion. He has more killing under his belt than a player from vanilla who has done all content PERIOD!

Guys lucky, powerful and knows his way around an axe DAMN WELL.

Don't go hating just because he has an axe granted hil by knaack..Er cenarius and mal.

Oh and for future ref i LIKE the Knaack books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian may be the greatest warrior right now, but through lore I would say he would be one of many great warriors.
    Even without Goldrinn's blessing Varian is very experienced fighter with many different techniques and stances (He is trained by human/dwarven/orcish warriors and their knowledge). And right now he is showing excellent tactical skills.

If we would argue about Thrall vs Varian in duel I would say Varian. I'm not implying Thrall is weak but he is more of a caster type.

Broxigar had a magic axe and nicked Sargeras---big whoop, now he's dead.

Saurfang was/still is a great warrior, but is obviously worn down from all the wars. Also let's face it, he's a meme, so he always seem stronger on internet discussions than he actually is.

Cairne is like Saurfang, great at one time but too old (if he's still alive)

Garrosh sucks, having lost all of his duels except for Anduin.

Doomhammer did bit Varian's hero at one point, but got Hammer of Wrath'ed (possibly)

Grom's probably the best warrior outside of Varian, but then again, like most orcs, he lacks the overall cerebral method that Varian has in battles.

~~~

Varian may as well be the best living warrior on Azeroth right now. And I don't think he's even in his best form yet. Others may consider Broxigar being the best because he nicked Sargeras but he's more of a footnote in Warcraft history than anything. I mean, who honors Brox in-game? We see more Grom and Doomhammer fanwanking (in-game) than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwek View Post
    Varian may be the greatest warrior right now, but through lore I would say he would be one of many great warriors.
    Even without Goldrinn's blessing Varian is very experienced fighter with many different techniques and stances (He is trained by human/dwarven/orcish warriors and their knowledge). And right now he is showing excellent tactical skills.

If we would argue about Thrall vs Varian in duel I would say Varian. I'm not implying Thrall is weak but he is more of a caster type.
    Don't underestimate Thrall... In the book he fought against a powered Blackmoore using the full armor the Doomhammer and that vicious broadsword. In that reality, Blackmoore was powerfull enough to defeat Orgrim Doomhammer, and yet Thrall was able to kill him, being a leather wearing caster type and all.

I still think Thrall could beat Goldrinn-powered Varian.

I think it is safe to say that yes, Varian is the greatest living warrior on Azeroth... He's certainly not the best warrior to ever grace Azeroth though (that title likely goes to Grom Hellscream, Cairne Bloodhoof, Orgrim Doomhammer, Anduin Lothar, or maybe Broxigar the Red).

There are a few warriors left that might give him a run for his money though, including: Garrosh Hellscream, Baine Bloodhoof, Varok Saurfang (even though he's aged), Muradin Bronzebeard, and Genn Greymane, but I don't think any of them would actually best Varian 1v1.

Garrosh has been getting stronger, I was quite impressed how he mowed through a long line of mogu warriors and threw Gorehowl from across the room into the boss-mogu in the Korune tomb questline, complete with a this-is-sparta kick.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    Saurfang by TKO.