Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I've been using my dps spec casually intill now, but there is a chance that I will need to do it our next progression fight (Lei Shi) . So correct me if I'm wrong:

1)Basically agi gems have priority unless the socket bonus is a mastery (and you are not hit/exp capped).
    2) 7.5 hit/exp -> 6k haste -> crit -> mastery (is there any crit "cap" atm?)
    3)In the terms of items is higher ilvl > gear stats or gear stas > ilvl? e.x. 496 crit/haste shoulders or 502 exp/mastery ones?
    4)Is 2-piece bonus worth aiming for? Atm I have an options: 496 tier chest + 483 gloves vs 496 tier chest/sha normal 496 chest + brewmaster gloves/496 crafted ones.
    5)Question related to the previous one: should fists of fury be used only in this situation? "Energizing Brew is not active, Tiger Power has 3 stacks and more than 4 seconds left, and more than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Fists of Fury"

Thanks a lot for your answers.
    Well a lot of this stuff is out of date.

1) Match gems to the socket colour (agil = red, agil+crit = yellow, agil + hit = blue etc), due to the bump secondary stats on gems got they're almost equal in value to the amount of agility on the gems, meaning set bonuses are almost always worth getting, even if it's mastery.

2) If you pick up Ascension (and you really should) your stats will look something like; hit/exp caps > 4-5k haste (depending on skill and play style) > crit > haste >> mastery.

There is no crit soft cap.

3) What gear you use depends entirely on your current stats (don't waste hit/exp by going over cap too much), the rest of your gear (tier bonuses whatever) and probably most importantly the difference in agility (which iirc 1 agil = 2 haste/crit).

4) The 2pc is more about flexibility and utility than being a flat out dps increase, you'll almost never be in a position to use FoF on CD with or without the 2pc, however it is a dps increase and is more valuable the lower your haste gets.

5) iirc the conditions for FoF are; Not in BL, Not using Energizing Brew, Tiger Power won't drop off for longer than 1-2 seconds, RSK won't come off CD, You're under 80 energy, All ticks will hit the target.

Additionally Tiger Power is only 1 stack now and FoF scales will haste so it only takes 3.5-6 seconds to cast with low haste.

Anyway I think that's all correct, or at least close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    5) iirc the conditions for FoF are; Not in BL, Not using Energizing Brew, Tiger Power won't drop off for longer than 1-2 seconds, RSK won't come off CD, You're under 80 energy, All ticks will hit the target.
    About the Fists of Fury use, according to Simcraft, you also shouldn't use Fists of Fury if you have a Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm proc.

A question about Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm regarding the current bug with Tigereye Brew generation when the proc is active. I know some monks are talking about moving Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm to the very top of the priority list in 5.2 because of the increased importance for Tigereye Brew stacks.. is this something that is worth doing in 5.1? Or is Tigereye Brew currently not important enough to prioritize that over other things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious if you have any information about Trinket weighting for Monks? My friend wants to know what the better trinkets to be using are, and if he should upgrade his Relic from DMF to 2/2 if it is going to last him until he gets to some heroic progression or if it will be replaced by a Normal Trinket? Thank you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehawk/advanced is his armory.

Elegon hc trinket>Lei Shi hc trinket>Elegon normal trinket>Relic>Normal Lei Shi trinket.
    I'd recommend upgrading the relic unless he can get his hands on the Lei Shi heroic one.

Deleted
    Relic is (imo) better than any normal mode trinkets and very close to the heroic leishi trinket. The heroic elegon trinket is way ahead tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Well a lot of this stuff is out of date.

1) Match gems to the socket colour (agil = red, agil+crit = yellow, agil + hit = blue etc), due to the bump secondary stats on gems got they're almost equal in value to the amount of agility on the gems, meaning set bonuses are almost always worth getting, even if it's mastery.

2) If you pick up Ascension (and you really should) your stats will look something like; hit/exp caps > 4-5k haste (depending on skill and play style) > crit > haste >> mastery.

There is no crit soft cap.

3) What gear you use depends entirely on your current stats (don't waste hit/exp by going over cap too much), the rest of your gear (tier bonuses whatever) and probably most importantly the difference in agility (which iirc 1 agil = 2 haste/crit).

4) The 2pc is more about flexibility and utility than being a flat out dps increase, you'll almost never be in a position to use FoF on CD with or without the 2pc, however it is a dps increase and is more valuable the lower your haste gets.

Additionally Tiger Power is only 1 stack now and FoF scales will haste so it only takes 3.5-6 seconds to cast with low haste.

Anyway I think that's all correct, or at least close enough.
    are stat priorities any different between 2h and dw?

Tiger palm needs to be updated it no longer stacks. 1 tiger palm now applies the 30% arm reduction buff

10+ Year Old Account
    Agrias-oaks: all of my testing and work have shown "no" as far as 2H vs. DW. In my EJ guide, I do point out that DW receives more benefit from greater haste than 2H (due to 2H already receiving additional attack speed), but in practicals - no.

For now, stat priorities are proving to be the same for both weapon types.

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Agrias-oaks: all of my testing and work have shown "no" as far as 2H vs. DW. In my EJ guide, I do point out that DW receives more benefit from greater haste than 2H (due to 2H already receiving additional attack speed), but in practicals - no.

For now, stat priorities are proving to be the same for both weapon types.
    thanks for the clarification. I just wasn't sure because on the first post there was a specific stat weight listed for DW but none for 2H.

Deleted
    What an excellent thread, thanks for all the useful information, really helped my performance as a windwalker monk. I have a quick question about weapons though and I am really bad with all that simcrafting. Currently I am using normal Gao'Rei (2/2 upgraded), but yesterday I finally got a second fist weapon (heroic Gara'kal). I already have normal Claws in my bank and I have enough valor points to upgrade one of these fist weapons two times. Now I know that DW > staff for dps, but how big is the upgrade in terms of dps from my current staff to that specific DW setup? Is it totally worth the 2x dancingsteel, 1x legendary gem and 1x socket making item or is it really marginal? And if, which fist weapon should be upgraded first, seeing itemlevel matters most, I assume heroic Gara'kal?

I hope you can help me out, really appreciate the input, thanks in advanced!

/hug

Quote Originally Posted by Longwang View Post
    What an excellent thread, thanks for all the useful information, really helped my performance as a windwalker monk. I have a quick question about weapons though and I am really bad with all that simcrafting. Currently I am using normal Gao'Rei (2/2 upgraded), but yesterday I finally got a second fist weapon (heroic Gara'kal). I already have normal Claws in my bank and I have enough valor points to upgrade one of these fist weapons two times. Now I know that DW > staff for dps, but how big is the upgrade in terms of dps from my current staff to that specific DW setup? Is it totally worth the 2x dancingsteel, 1x legendary gem and 1x socket making item or is it really marginal? And if, which fist weapon should be upgraded first, seeing itemlevel matters most, I assume heroic Gara'kal?

I hope you can help me out, really appreciate the input, thanks in advanced!

/hug
    As far as I know(and what I'm doing myself), upgrading your mainhand(so heroic Gara'kal) gives you more DPS than your OH, because obviously MH DPS gives you more damage from abilities(our "Threat of Thassarian"-type thing only gives 50% OH damage) and more autoattack damage.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Has anyone tested on the PTR whether the Storm, Earth and Fire damage modifier works as a "white list" or a "black list"?

For example, I know that abilities like Xuen the White Tiger, which isn't mirrored by your clones, is exempt from the damage reduction modifier.

What I am wondering is if this exemption is achieved using a black list of exemptions, or whether all the cloned abilities are simply put on a white list and everything else is not modified.

Examples of non-mirrored damaging abilities would be Cobalt Frag Bomb (Engineering), Touch of the Grave (Undead racial), or boss specific abilities like Opportunistic Strike (Will of the Emperor). Having to "exempt" every ability like this would be inefficient at best, impossible at worst.
    Last edited by Moozhe; 2013-01-25 at 06:11 PM.

Seems like the CB:TP bug has been fixed. Felt like I got way more Tigereye Brew stacks during tonights raid than Thursday.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    Has anyone tested on the PTR whether the Storm, Earth and Fire damage modifier works as a "white list" or a "black list"?

For example, I know that abilities like Xuen the White Tiger, which isn't mirrored by your clones, is exempt from the damage reduction modifier.

What I am wondering is if this exemption is achieved using a black list of exemptions, or whether all the cloned abilities are simply put on a white list and everything else is not modified.

Examples of non-mirrored damaging abilities would be Cobalt Frag Bomb (Engineering), Touch of the Grave (Undead racial), or boss specific abilities like Opportunistic Strike (Will of the Emperor). Having to "exempt" every ability like this would be inefficient at best, impossible at worst.
    It's a whitelist, I'm not sure if your spirits get buffs though such as the poison on empress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Seems like the CB:TP bug has been fixed. Felt like I got way more Tigereye Brew stacks during tonights raid than Thursday.
    Just tested it on Live, and it seems to be fixed. Getting 1 Tigereye Brew charge from 2 Blackout Kicks even with CB: TP active.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    At the moment mastery + ascension gives so much energy that the 4set isnt that good. HOWEVER in 5.2 with the new mastery, the T14 4set will be more valuable. So I'd recommend sticking with 2set for now but collecting 4pieces of T14 as well and swap to those when 5.2 goes live.
    thank you, sir. i just could swapped hands and shoulders with hc gara gloves and hc gara shoulders.
    13/13

Monk

does 5.2 show any signs of DW vs 2h being an option or is DW just gonna stay a good distance ahead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    does 5.2 show any signs of DW vs 2h being an option or is DW just gonna stay a good distance ahead?
    I guess we have to wait until we get officials on the loot table but from the looks of it DW will be as good as now. But I guess 2h gives more haste = more TeB but you still have to use the energy.

I prefer 1handers wep dmg and will stay with it if the weps are the same ilvl.

1 other question tho. I have seen alot of BiS lists saying that gloves from Garalon Hc are the best offpiece. But shouldnt the Chest from Sha Hc give more since you replace the mastery on the chest instead of the already good hit-critt och tier gloves?

Edit; Also, with 5.2 incoming it should be worth to start hunting for the cloak and neck from HoF? Since mastery will be buffed it will probably be worth it since you get alot more agility from it too.
    Last edited by mmoc3172abfeb3; 2013-01-28 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Just tested it on Live, and it seems to be fixed. Getting 1 Tigereye Brew charge from 2 Blackout Kicks even with CB: TP active.
    Yep, I can confirm this. It's still broken on the PTR tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post
    I guess we have to wait until we get officials on the loot table but from the looks of it DW will be as good as now. But I guess 2h gives more haste = more TeB but you still have to use the energy.
    Seeing as the haste from 2h passive only applies to auto-attack speed I'm not sure how you'd get more TeB from that.