Thread: Mogu Monks?

Mogu Monks?

It seems that Mogu are smart enough to pursue more power when they're on the short end of the stick, such as Lei Shen becoming the Thunder King. Do you think that at some point the Mogu will attempt to emulate or even master the Pandaren Monk martial arts?

I'm just curious because, going through WMV, looking at the Mogu do Monk animations looked awesome. I even decided to do a bit of concept art for them too; http://chaossummers.deviantart.com/#/d5t0jfq

So, what do you guys think about Mogu Monks?

Mogu have male draenei skeleton... and since draenei can be monks...

I'm more curious about whether we'll even be seeing them again after 5.2, in the same way that i'm curious about whether we'll see the Mantid after 5.1/Heart of Fear

I think we'll see them still. Just because the Thunder King / Mantid Queen is dead doesn't mean everyone else just vanishes.

Night Elves, Draenei, Dwarves, Worgen, Goblins and Gnomes excluded.

Actually, now that I think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I think we'll see them still. Just because the Thunder King / Mantid Queen is dead doesn't mean everyone else just vanishes.
    The Mantid have a point to pick up from regarding their briefly mentioned Princess, who is currently too young to take the throne. Perhaps they will find some way to accelerate her growth, or maybe she will simply take the throne prematurely.

The Mogu however, i'm unsure about. Xin the Weaponmaster and Lei Shen seem to have been the primary Mogu leaders; the former is dead and the latter soon will be as well. Perhaps this 'Ra-den' will enlighten us about whether the mogu have a fate beyond 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    well, considering we're gonna kill the rumored only 2 female mogu that exist and the warrior tier set is called "(Battle)Plate of the Last Mogu", I fear the mogu may very well go extinct after ToT

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 12:08 PM ----------

"The Twin Consorts are said to be greatest of the Thunder King's treasures. Rumored to be the only known female mogu in existence, Lei Shen keeps his trophies close and their combined arsenal against interlopers closer."

-dungeon journal
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    "The Twin Consorts are said to be greatest of the Thunder King's treasures. Rumored to be the only known female mogu in existence, Lei Shen keeps his trophies close and their combined arsenal against interlopers closer."

-dungeon journal
    The only known female mogu in existence leaves plenty of room for unknown mogu Princes and Princesses, just like our friend The Black Prince in his tavern.

I'm sure we'll see an angry heir in time.