No other raid patch between 5.2 and Siege of Orgrimmar?

It seems as if the next patch with raiding after 5.2 will be the Siege of Orgrimmar patch. What am I using to claim this? Wrathion's own words in the final quest of the 5.2 chain:

The Thunder King is dead, and his instruments of oppression are being picked over by the Alliance and Horde for their own ends.

We come now to the climax of the pandaren campaign. Hellscream's machinations have brought the Alliance down on his head - but even more importantly, he's fractured the unity of the Horde. As the Pandaren say: "The Wok is Hot." Something is about to give, and all of our work comes down to this.

I need time to plan. See me as soon as your faction is ready to make its move!
    Seems very interesting. I am both disappointed and not at the same time. I am because I had assumed we would be dealing with Y'Shaarj or the Zandalari (Since the majority of 5.2 is the Mogu with basically a Zandalari cameo at the beginning), however I am also super excited for the Siege of Orgrimmar patch.

I've read most of the 5.2 dialogue and I'm not sure what Wrathion is talking about with regards to bringing the Alliance down on his head. I suppose he could simply be referring to Anduin and Theramore, but that didn't seem enough to really make the Alliance go batshit insane and go immediately after him.

I'm more curious about the Horde, though.

It seems as if, currently, its only really Vol'jin who is actively (at least at this moment) talking about a rebellion. Lor'themar flirts with the idea in 5.1, but, unless I'm missing something in 5.2, he doesn't really address it again in any large capacity.

I'm certain that 5.3 will probably be Azeroth-based stuff before the actual raid, but I'm still curious as to Wrathion's words. Or perhaps we're just missing some dialogue in 5.2 that changes things up still.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-01-28 at 09:05 AM.

Can't forget Baine, he and Garrosh have been bumping heads since Cairne died. Now with the attempted assassination of Vol'jin on top of that. I'm excited to see where this story is heading.

Deleted
    Before anyone come in screaming "Disappointed!", remember a few things. First of all we don't know for sure if Siege of Orgrimmar will be the final raid patch of MoP. A lot seems to suggest so, but Blizzard may still decide to pull a rabbit up the hat if they so choose. And while Wrathion's words are a strong argument to suggest the next raid after ToT will be the Siege of Orgrimmar, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the case.
    Second, if the current patch pattern holds, we'll probably still be getting plenty of new content to pass the time between the raid patches. And third, and perhaps more importantly, we could, hopefully, see a new expansion come out faster than previous expansions with the current pattern, making the wait between the last raid patch and the next expansion the same as between two raid patches.

Interesting post OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't necessarily mean the Siege of Orgrimmar will be in 5.4. If it's 5.4 that becomes climax of the Pandaren Campaign, it could center around a final raid in Pandaria and the final confrontations of the Horde/Alliance war on Pandaria.

That would leave the potential 5.5 and 5.6 to have things splash out of "the wok" onto the mainland, spreading the flames and bringing things to a head with the final raid in Orgrimmar.

Even conservative estimates for 5.4 would put its release not much later than Blizzcon 2013, and up to now Blizzard has never released an expansion's final raid before announcing the next expansion. Even if they wedged a smaller 5.5 in after that and worked really quickly on getting the next expansion to release, it would likely leave a several-months-long gap between new raid tiers, which is precisely what Blizzard has been trying to avoid with its new development and release strategies in MoP.

5.3 will NOT be the Orgrimmar patch for one simple fact. 5.2 is a raid patch. 5.3 will be a content patch. That is the new Blizzard pattern, and they seem to be sticking to it. Earliest raid patch after 5.2 will be 5.4.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    5.3 will NOT be the Orgrimmar patch for one simple fact. 5.2 is a raid patch. 5.3 will be a content patch. That is the new Blizzard pattern, and they seem to be sticking to it. Earliest raid patch after 5.2 will be 5.4.
    After that they will go to the BC model and be like Kael'thas: YOU FORGOT TO FINISH DEH JOB INC N'zoth breaking apart the ocean welcome to the city of madness Ny'alotha an old god raid

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

What...? I can dream jeez give me a break.

I seem to recall Ghostcrawler confirming that 5.3 will NOT be a raid patch, as he said that the NPC that boosts the Ilvl would return in 5.3, and be removed whenever the next raid patch is out (basically, the ilvl booster will only be present in raidless patches)

This means, the soonest potential raid patch for orgrimmar will be 5.4

It seems as if, currently, its only really Vol'jin who is actively (at least at this moment) talking about a rebellion. Lor'themar flirts with the idea in 5.1, but, unless I'm missing something in 5.2, he doesn't really address it again in any large capacity.
    Now this is not true. The very reason the sunreavers are in the Thunder Island is precisely because they plan to rebel against garrosh.

Here is a small dialog bit from Lor'themar from the datamined 5.2 soundfiles:

We are here to fight the Thunder King. Justice demands it, and Hellscream is too preoccupied at Domination Point to pay attention to it. To beat him, we must seek out the source of his greatest power--we must claim it for ourselves as leverage against our Warchief.

In the event of an uprising, it is good to be prepared.

As you can see, he still hates garrosh 100% (Can't say I blame him) If anything, its the forsaken that have been largely absent this time around. Asides from individual NPCs, you only ever see a bulk of forsaken forces in the alliance intro to pandaria, on twinspire keep. Other than that, the only other major forsaken ever seen in the game is Shademaster Kyrin. You see plenty of orcs in the jade forest and domination point, you see plenty of blood elves in 5.1, you also see plenty of tauren pallys, and 5.1 also brings us plenty of goblins. But the trolls and forsaken have taken more of a backseat.

Trolls are understandable since they're in lockdown after what happens in the echo isles, but why aren't the forsaken involved at all?
    Last edited by Derah; 2013-01-28 at 01:21 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    ISnip
    Oh don't worry about the forsaken It's quite obvious they will be in 5.3 which is likely another lore patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I seem to recall Ghostcrawler confirming that 5.3 will NOT be a raid patch, as he said that the NPC that boosts the Ilvl would return in 5.3, and be removed whenever the next raid patch is out (basically, the ilvl booster will only be present in raidless patches)

This means, the soonest potential raid patch for orgrimmar will be 5.4

Now this is not true. The very reason the sunreavers are in the Thunder Island is precisely because they plan to rebel against garrosh.

Here is a small dialog bit from Lor'themar from the datamined 5.2 soundfiles: [I]We are here to fight the Thunder King. Justice demands it, and Hellscream is too preoccupied at Domination Point to pay attention to it. [B][U]To beat him[/U][/B], we must seek out the source of his greatest power--we must claim it for ourselves as [B][U]leverage against our Warchief[/U][/B].

[B][U][COLOR="#FF0000"]In the event of an uprising, it is good to be prepared.[/COLOR][/U][/B][/I]

As you can see, he still hates garrosh 100% (Can't say I blame him) If anything, its the forsaken that have been largely absent this time around. Asides from individual NPCs, you only ever see a bulk of forsaken forces in the alliance intro to pandaria, on twinspire keep. Other than that, the only other major forsaken ever seen in the game is Shademaster Kyrin. You see plenty of orcs in the jade forest and domination point, you see plenty of blood elves in 5.1, you also see plenty of tauren pallys, and 5.1 also brings us plenty of goblins. But the trolls and forsaken have taken more of a backseat.

Trolls are understandable since they're in lockdown after what happens in the echo isles, but why aren't the forsaken involved at all?
    I swear Lor'themar is such a nice epic bastard...

...I never said 5.3 would be a raid patch. I actually said the opposite.

But Wrathion very clearly states, that the Pandarian Campaign is over. Blizzard has been careful at dropping tidbits about the future patches through Wrathion. We knew 5.2 would be the Thunder King based on what he said during the last part of the 5.1 quest chain. I have no reason to doubt that Wrathion proclaiming that the fight over Pandaria is over is a lie or something of the sort.

It seems incredibly unlikely they'll have another raid patch after Siege of Orgrimmar, basically everything that has been repeated on here about them learning their lesson about Ruby Sanctum ad naseum.

Here is a small dialog bit from Lor'themar from the datamined 5.2 soundfiles:
    Yeah...there's a reason why I said "unless I missed something" in the very sentence you quoted me lol. Although that is a really big story disconnect if they go from Lor'themar stating "Zomg gaiz if Garrosh is doing more things that get our folks killed, we might have to split off" to suddenly "We're rebelling, time to get power to help us" if there is nothing in between.

As to your question, the Forsaken will probably be in 5.3. Blizzard has said Sylvanas has some role to play in MoP. It wouldn't actually be surprising if they had a bunch of phased content in various zones on Azeroth for 5.3 to show the War getting worse. Assuming that the Pandarian campaign is over.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-01-28 at 02:31 PM.