View Poll Results: Do you care about transmog?

Voters
469. This poll is closed
  • Yes

351 74.84%
  • No

49 10.45%
  • I like transmog but I don't farm for it.

69 14.71%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Having your characters look the way YOU want them to is a huge boost to individuality. Before transmogrification, everyone at cap who raided looked pretty much the same as everyone else of their class that raided. Same went for PvP. With the ability to choose your appearance, there is much more variety in how people now look.

It's not just important to me, it makes everyone else more interesting to look at, too.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Having your characters look the way YOU want them to is a huge boost to individuality. Before transmogrification, everyone at cap who raided looked pretty much the same as everyone else of their class that raided. Same went for PvP. With the ability to choose your appearance, there is much more variety in how people now look.

It's not just important to me, it makes everyone else more interesting to look at, too.
    And how do you look at people who most likely don't give a **** about their transmog? Just having random pieces of (epic) gear makes you look like a leveling character imo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Yes! I'm currently leveling a warrior because I've always loved the Classic warrior armor sets... Tier 1 with the Elementium Reinforced Bulwark and Quel'serrar is still one of my all time favorite looks.
    My (fury) warrior currently has almost all of tier 2 which matches excellently with tier 2 (dualwielding QS is brilliant!)
    Also want tier 9 as that will look pretty damn good aswell with QS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Apart from when leveling, I do my fullest to make my characters look awesome. Hell, while leveling it happens that I use inferior shoulderpads/helmets because they look better. Appearance is everything!
    Same for me - I've been leveling my rogue but I've not yet switched my hat because there is no transmog-place nearby and I really how ALL leveling leather heads looks on an undead so...

So... yes. I don't think I'd really judge someone for not transmogging, but for me, personally, transmog is character customization and I like not looking EXACTLY like every undead male warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunker View Post
    Anyone else considering rolling a new class just to get a specific set?
    That might be one of my reasons for trying to level warrior not admitting anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kartikeya View Post
    So... yes. I don't think I'd really judge someone for not transmogging, but for me, personally, transmog is character customization and I like not looking EXACTLY like every undead male warlock.
    Not sure if you mentioned judging because of what I wrote, but I'll clarify what I meant anyway! I don't judge people for not transmogging, but I do kinda judge people who transmog into something that just doesn't look good (thinking more color-wise than actual models, I loathe seeing someone transmogging random pieces that doesn't fit at all). I still judge people, though. D:
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I think everyone is affected by transmog just like everyone who wasn't in a progression guild had to look up to the guy in progression gear and asked: "Woooow where did you get that???"

Now it is sorta the same imo - people ask: where did you get that, it would fit my gear perfectly blabla

Monty Python:
    "Yes! We're all individuals!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse I am. Who doesn't want to look good when all their gear is multi coloured due to different tiers?
    It's not about making myself stand out by transmogging, but more simply to do with me logging onto my character and enjoying how he looks.

To a point. It's kind of fun to try and come up with something interesting by cannibalizing various old sets, and then going hunting for those pieces.

I can certainly see why folks wouldn't care about it however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunker View Post
    Anyone else considering rolling a new class just to get a specific set?
    Yes, I'm rolling a BE palading and a Worgen Warrior only because of some sets and how they look on those races

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I think everyone is affected by transmog just like everyone who wasn't in a progression guild had to look up to the guy in progression gear and asked: "Woooow where did you get that???"

Now it is sorta the same imo - people ask: where did you get that, it would fit my gear perfectly blabla

Monty Python:
    "Yes! We're all individuals!"
    Yes! It's like progression and such, only much, much nicer.

Let's face it; many of us already had sets of gear in our banks or bags which we dubbed 'roleplay gear.' I've said so for years, and I'll say it again: We're playing an online barbie game. Only this one seems to have 'genocide' as an important game element.
    Nevertheless, fashion first... Genocide later. If you're going to slaughter thousands of relatively innocent peoples and monsters, you might as well do so while looking absolutely stunning. It's the element of surprise.

My reference starts at 3:40. The rest is still funny.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    I care about my transmog sets, and I do get a little bothered when someone shows up to raid wearing mismatched gear, especially if some pieces are transmogged and others are not. One example is our rogue. He has xmogged his shoulders, helm, pants, and legs to some old red rogue set, but his boots, chest, and gloves are untransmogged and different colors from the rest of the armor. And his cape doesn't match, as well as his tabard. It just irks me, because I like the sets to match, or at least flow nicely.
    Well good thing that's not your character then, huh?

I like making my own xmog sets instead of just picking a tier and using every piece from it.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I didn't think I would care when the feature was announced.

Now, my void storage is full, my bank is full, and I can't run any old instance without picking up two or three items that I feel like I have to hang on to in case I find something that matches them later. Send help.

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    I didn't think I would care when the feature was announced.

Now, my void storage is full, my bank is full, and I can't run any old instance without picking up two or three items that I feel like I have to hang on to in case I find something that matches them later. Send help.
    My soulmate!!!

All i have to say about this topic is... need more void storage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it, but aside from once or twice when I realised I was didn't have a matching piece for a visible slot, I don't really farm for transmog stuff.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Well good thing that's not your character then, huh?

I like making my own xmog sets instead of just picking a tier and using every piece from it.
    Most of the time i do these, but sometimes i like a set way to much to change it (i at least change the head piece in those case :P)

Transmog is pretty big anyway you look at it. I know a good amount of people go out of their way to farm their perfect set. Personally I try but I can't really keep up with the high fashion of wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love mogging. Particularly my priest alt. She's my mog-victim. As a cloth wearer, I think she has the best wardrobe in the game to choose from. For my shamy, it can be quite hard to decide what to mog.

So far, I haven't mogged my main (heal) gear yet because it looks pretty. But I regularly mog my elemental gear. Recently I've gone from T4 to T13 heroic (nice earthy set, matches my staff quite well) to challenge mode set, which is kind of odd-looking, but it's new and I wiped my hooves off to get it, so I'll be damned if I'm not using it, despite its ugliness. The armory graceously omits the ugly mask that is stuck to the belt buckle.

It's just frustrating that I've tried almost every week since transmog is out that the frikking "Tier 2 helmet for paladins (and warriors) have never dropped for me.
    Ofcourse they do drop when I am with the wrong character... last week my warrior got a paladin tier 2 helmet... yay... Now that's frustating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to. On my Paladin I had about three sets I would bounce back and forth between (purple Judgement, black/red blood knight gear and a wierd bits and pieces on I made myself)

But on my Monk... well there's not really much to choose from, So at the moment I'm using the shado-pan replica hat and then moggin anything that's NOT tier to look like tier, other than that there's not much choice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be kinda neat if a guild did matching uniforms based on class for their guild to look like an army, or some other kinda fighting organization. Even if it was just for special events.

I love xmogging my gear. Can't wait to change up my weapons in 5.2 to complete the look.
    RIP <SoP>