Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Pretty sure it's melee GCD, don't quote me on that though. Me no have access to WoW either, at work still.
    Seeing as both the other level 90 talents are on spell, I would presume Holy Prism is on spell aswell, would seem like a major design failure of blizzard otherwise (imo all 3 should be on melee GCD)
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-01-28 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Seeing as both the other level 90 talents are on spell, I would presume Holy Prism is on spell aswell, would seem like a major design failure of blizzard otherwise (imo all 3 should be on melee GCD)
    I'm an idiot, I meant to type spell GCD. I was too busy touch typing and reading at the same time.

Deleted
    It's the same as the others, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    It's the same as the others, yes.
    Actually... no... to my suprise.

Okay, just have a friend of mine confirm with in-game testing.
    Bolded the ones I felt important to know.
    Decidede to test every paladin ability except those with cast time and Hammer of Wrath. ( Hard to dps dummies below 20% and lazy to find a mob )

• Melee GCD:

Crusader Strike
      Judgement
      Holy Wrath
      Hammer of the Righteous
      Avenger Shield
      Holy Prism - Both on friendly and enemy target
      Hand of Protection
      Hand of Salvation
      Hand of Sacrifice
      Hand of Freedom
      Divine Shield
      Seal Swapping
      Blessing of Might
      Blessing of Kings
      Fist of Justice
      Cleanse - Not rly important, more of a "da fuq?" This if anything I would expect to have spell GCD
      Binding Ligth

Spell GCD

Sacred Shield
      Ligths Hammer
      Execution Sentence

The fact that Holy Prism is not on spell GCD when the other 90 talents is really suprised me. When getting closer to 50% haste, it can be worth re-evaluating the level 90 talents to see which is better. Holy Prism could actually pull ahead due to this little fact.

To any paladin with an US account

Would be lovely if you could post in the PTR Balance Thread about this.
    Moving Sacred Shield, Ligths Hammer and Execution Sentence to the same GCD table as all other paladin abilities so that those abilities actually scale with haste would be a quite big buff to paladins actually, and it would feel more like a bug fix. To me this feels like one of the biggest issues with the paladin class atm ( We don't got much to complain about )

Feels like all paladin discussion has been about the haste or no haste, this has been really overlooked since release of MoP.

Basically, the problem is, these 3 paladin spells, SS, LH and ES, they are ALWAYS on 1.5s GCD, no matter how much haste you have, so when using them you will delay your rotation. It should be fixed so their GCD also scales with haste.

Also, just makes no sense to have 3 talents in the same tier, 1 scale with haste and the other 2 does not.

So if anyone (preferably several people to get more attention) feels like making a quick post about this it would be lovely. Just try to highlight the issue.
    Basically if you are sitting on 1.15s GCD and have some spells on 1.5s GCD, every time you use them, you will delay your rotation by 0.35s. Seeing as SS, LH/ES is spells you use several times during an encounter, this is quite big, since you will delay your rotation alot during the course of a figth.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 03:14 PM ----------

Also, another issue completely unrelated that people could point out aswell is the fact that Consecration do not scale with haste.
    Would be lovely if someone (several people) could post about this aswell, since it should be in every paladins best interest to have our Consecration fixed so we get more AE threat and damage.

Yes, the CD of consecration is affected by haste, but not the duration, and since you can only have one consecration active, using consecration on CD will only remove the previous one.

For me, using Consecration on CD, I only get 7 ticks instead of 10.

A change to this could possibly solve the paladins AE issues + make alot more sense since the current way it works is just silly.

For a paladin at my haste levels, it would increase the AE damage output on Consecration ( assuming used on CD ) by 43%, that is quite alot )

Two easy fixes:

1. Make the tick speed scale with haste, so that if you have a 7 sec CD, all 10 ticks happen within these 7 seconds.
    2. Make if possible to have more than 1 consecration up at the same time.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-01-28 at 02:33 PM.

I got you bro, just posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Malthanis, when will the next moderator election be going?
    Would love MerinPally/Firefly33 to be an addition the mod team.

Deleted
    You sure, Firefly?

My Holy Prism triggered all my GCD's like the other 2 spells, or am I missing something here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    You sure, Firefly?

My Holy Prism triggered all my GCD's like the other 2 spells, or am I missing something here?
    Haste reduces the length of the GCD. However, abilities that are unaffected by our melee haste will have a 1.5 second GCD. If you had 50% melee haste the abilities that are affected would have a 1 second GCD.

So basically, Sacred Shield, ES and LH will always have a 1.5 second GCD whereas all of our other abilities have a GCD as short as 1 second (depending on your melee haste).

Also, just makes no sense to have 3 talents in the same tier, 1 scale with haste and the other 2 does not.
    It's very likely that this is just to make HP that little bit easier to fit into our rotation. If you're refreshing SS when it has less than 5 seconds remaining it's already very hard to spare a GCD even just for ES/LH.
    Last edited by mmocc7215da24b; 2013-01-28 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    It's very likely that this is just to make HP that little bit easier to fit into our rotation. If you're refreshing SS when it has less than 5 seconds remaining it's already very hard to spare a GCD even just for ES/LH.
    Doesn't make sense that holy prism would be on a difference GCD than the other two in the same tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Doesn't make sense that holy prism would be on a difference GCD than the other two in the same tier.
    Why not? You have to use Holy Prism 3x as much as both Light's Hammer and Execution Sentence to get the most use out of it. What doesn't make sense is that not all of our abilities are affected by our melee haste but that's another matter. :P

Deleted
    The only thing that doesn't make sense is why LH, SS and ES also do not scale with haste. That is just plain stupid since they are a part of our base rotation. I would buy like our hands or cleanse having 1.5 s GCD perma, but not our rotational abilities.

Also strange why HP got it and the other not, however feels like HP is the correct one and that LH and ES is designed badly.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:49 PM ----------

Edit: Just convinced a pug we had on Elegon HC ( holy paladin ) that the reason I was using a healing shield as a tank was because there was a bug, that when bosses hit me, I get healed instead of damaged because I use the healing shield.

"WOW dude! OP!"

Also, still love tanking haha, finished the top of damage done in our raid group on elegon hc.

Edit: Just convinced a pug we had on Elegon HC ( holy paladin ) that the reason I was using a healing shield as a tank was because there was a bug, that when bosses hit me, I get healed instead of damaged because I use the healing shield.
    Really? OMG OP! :O

Deleted
    Guys, a couple pages back someone mentioned the current best enchant is Colossus.. Is this right? Was going through my WoL segments and noticed that, for example, in our first HC Spirit Kings kill I got 480k absorbed through it. While it isn't *too* bad, through the course of an entire fight it isn't that much (it isn't even enough to cover my HP unbuffed).

Deleted
    Still depends what you are going for. The question you have to ask yourself, is any weapon enchant really that great for defensive purposes? When I asked myself that question, the answer for me was... no...

So I have decided to use Dancing Steel / Windsong depending on what boss I am progressing. ( Windsong favors high AP figths where Dancing Steel favors low AP figths ).
    simply for the damage purposes as for me, no enchants are that great for defensive purposes.

Deleted
    I would say dancing steel pretty much all day if you have a 502 weapon or higher. Colossus is pretty underwhelming and dancing steel both has good offensive and defensive value to it.

Windsong at this point is pretty much not viable if you fancy any somewhat serious content. DS is more reliable and more effective as proven from Theck in terms of offensive gains AND defensive gains than Windsong. It is, of course, more expensive, which may matter to some.

That said, I use Colossus all day, erry day. At moderate levels of vengeance, the AP gained from DS begins to wash, so the bonus there was a bit lost to me. Likewise, I feel that the passive and more consistent TDR/smoothing provided by the many (albeit small) shields outweigh the gain in parry/TDR. This is especially true on tank swap fights, where the bubbles can still cover raid dmg and/or persist through until you take back threat. DS loses its defensive bonus if the proc occurs while offtanking or during a transition/run&getadds phase. Plus, Colossus shields absorb spell dmg, which parry does nothing to mitigate.

8k isn't going to save you if you're destined for the dirt, most likely. But, given the low priority of D/P and the unreliable nature of its use in practice, I still prefer Colossus to augment my SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Thanks folks (and for Theck's numbers) .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    I would say dancing steel pretty much all day if you have a 502 weapon or higher. Colossus is pretty underwhelming and dancing steel both has good offensive and defensive value to it.
    Fail to see what the weapon enchant has to do with the item level of the weapon. It is all very simple.

Colossus for small absorbs
    DS for small gain in dps.

Take your pick.

Deleted
    Fail to see what the weapon enchant has to do with the item level of the weapon. It is all very simple.

Colossus for small absorbs
    DS for small gain in dps.

Take your pick.
    I think I'll stick with Colossus since it does help smooth incoming damage a little, even if not that much. The extra DPS is also attractive for 10-man heroics (what we raid) but our current setup is actually pretty good in terms of dps so I doubt it'll be necessary, though I'll keep it around if I see myself wiping on 5% enrage timers.