Thread: 10m vs 25m lag

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

10m vs 25m lag

My computer seems to be fine handling a 10 man raid on low settings without lag (have to do low settings because my computer is shit)
    But when i try to do 25 man lfr it completely becomes choppy and lags out like crazy even on low settings.

I want to be able to do 25 mans but my computer seems to be holding me back, any suggestions besides the obvious of buying a new computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Install game booster if you don't have it already, disable combat log, make sure there is nothing at all running in the background.

However if you are saying that even on 10 man you have to use low settings, I personally think you really won't be able to do decent 25s with that pc, sorry :/

Turn off shadows.

I haven't had trouble with 25m in a long time, but a while ago, I was able to reduce some lag by simply turning off my combat log. Trying to log the actions of 25 players can be draining on an older computer.

If you're using any add ons at all, those should be first to go.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, you don't have at all. You have low FPS... very different things.

Turn off your combat log.

Turn off as many addons as you can.

Turn off your antivirus, even if it's avira.

Make sure that nothing else is running on the background.

Keep low settings.

Try not to move the camera in game too much, so you don't need to load too many things.

I can't think of anything else now

Deleted
    How good is your power supply and motherboard? Could try overclocking a bit if your PSU is ok, that is assuming you have a desktop and not a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by sineal View Post
    My computer seems to be fine handling a 10 man raid on low settings without lag (have to do low settings because my computer is shit)
    But when i try to do 25 man lfr it completely becomes choppy and lags out like crazy even on low settings.

I want to be able to do 25 mans but my computer seems to be holding me back, any suggestions besides the obvious of buying a new computer?
    To be honest, that sounds a lot more like a frame rate issue than a lag issue. Unless you have a lot of processes running in the background, you're basically down to upgrading your machine. Turning off addons and combat log might help to some extent, but if you're having FPS problems in 10-man raids with low graphic settings, it's probably time to consider upgrading.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    i just got home so i can elaborate a bit more, when i run 10 mans i can have my particle density up to high , with low settings + shadows disabled w/ recount, dbm, WoL client and mumble in the back ground without any lag at all, and i usualy sit at 50 fps. but when i join a 25 man lfr, or be it a pug, with particle density completely lowered and no WoL, or mumble in the background my fps drops to like 10. I will try disabling combat log and disable recount to see if that helps. Thank you for your suggestions and please continue to provide insight!

my comp is w7 intel core2 quad q9300 with 8gb ddr2 ram(6.57 of which is free)
    my psu is tr2 600w and my gfx is an ati radeon hd 5670

not the best by any means but i still believe i should be able to run a 25 man without 10 fps.

Another thing you can try is when you boot up WoW, bring up your task manager, go to processes, right click on World of Warcraft, and set priority to high.

Why do people always call FPS issues, lag? You're having FPS problems. The size of a raid would have no impact on latency.

i just got home so i can elaborate a bit more, when i run 10 mans i can have my particle density up to high , with low settings + shadows disabled w/ recount, dbm, WoL client and mumble in the back ground without any lag at all, and i usualy sit at 50 fps. but when i join a 25 man lfr, or be it a pug, with particle density completely lowered and no WoL, or mumble in the background my fps drops to like 10. I will try disabling combat log and disable recount to see if that helps. Thank you for your suggestions and please continue to provide insight!
    ! Recount is what makes all these problems for you. It takes fps way way down. Omen became quite an offender too (when some boss decides to spam some aoe, Omen can make fps to go crazy low too). Both are not really necessary though. Omen isn't needed as threat is not really relevant parameter anymore, and recount is not needed if you have someone making logs.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    OK thanks for your answers! I believe i fixed the issue somewhat and now i am seeing higher FPS.