Do you use a SSD? If not, I highly recommend it. I have two 80 GB SSD in RAID 0 and it takes 9 - 19 seconds to load a zone. SSD are pretty reasonable now as far as price goes. $100 for a 120 GB or $180 for a 256 GB version now.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Do you use a SSD? If not, I highly recommend it. I have two 80 GB SSD in RAID 0 and it takes 9 - 19 seconds to load a zone. SSD are pretty reasonable now as far as price goes. $100 for a 120 GB or $180 for a 256 GB version now.
    Yeah, I don't use SSD (Not yet anyways, but I will someday). I think from what I've seen that my loading times are fairly okay. I'm running on I7-3820 3.6ghz and 8gb ram and Geforce GTX 560 Ti. But I'm greedy and I want moar! xD

I have an SSD and loading times are still atrocious. That's pretty much my biggest issue with the game right now...
    I know we shouldn't mention WoW, but come on now, I can zone in to Orgrimmar during peak hours in less than 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Out of curiosity:

How much your loading times are?
    I just ran a test
    LA = 16 secs (first login) and 22 secs (from heart of the mists)
    Cursed Shores = 38 secs
    Caldeon Forest = 28 secs
    Heart of the mists = 24 secs (first login) and 14 secs (from LA thru menu)

Honestly It always felt much more than this ahaha. But anyways you guys have similar timing of loading?
    I have GW2 installed on my SSD and I still get 5-15s loading with LA being longer for me than other zones. Not sure how much the SSD is helping me there to be honest. 38seconds seems like a long time to wait for a zone to load though.

Patchday today? Seems like it's forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    nah, people just try to be patient... others not so much - whiny fellas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Considering it's 7:38 am PST on the 28th (ANet time), we've got about 16.5 hours to go before speculating on whether they "forgot" to launch the patch LOL!
    Valar morghulis

They've just posted on FB that Flame and Frost is coming today.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kinda sucks that i'm likely only getting this patch on the 29th because i'm european.. But eh, can't complain , they are based in America after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    It kinda sucks that i'm likely only getting this patch on the 29th because i'm european.. But eh, can't complain , they are based in America after all.
    You're still getting it at the exact same time as everyone else, time/date be damned. *mumbles about people still not understanding time zones in 2013*

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You're still getting it at the exact same time as everyone else, time/date be damned. *mumbles about people still not understanding time zones in 2013*
    Where did i state anyone was getting the patch first? i merely said, the date on the website says 28th of January, but ill actually be getting it in the 29th most likely at this rate. *Mumbles about people jumping into conclusions.

Well, i'll still level up my Asuran Guardian regardless

For those who haven't tried it yet, do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Where did i state anyone was getting the patch first? i merely said, the date on the website says 28th of January, but ill actually be getting it in the 29th most likely at this rate. *Mumbles about people jumping into conclusions.
    No where, and I didn't say you had; instead, I was pointing out that no matter what time it gets released, it'll be two different dates around the world, and people complaining (which you were, even if you said you can't complain...and you're not the only one who's done so) that 'omg it's not going to be the 28th, they've *lied* to us!' need to calm down...and learn how time zones work

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    No where, and I didn't say you had; instead, I was pointing out that no matter what time it gets released, it'll be two different dates around the world, and people complaining (which you were, even if you said you can't complain...and you're not the only one who's done so) that 'omg it's not going to be the 28th, they've *lied* to us!' need to calm down...and learn how time zones work
    It was more of a comment than a complaint. English isn't my first language. At least thats what i intendend it as.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    A fair good amount of new stuff thats for sure, will keep me busy for a while =p
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-01-28 at 09:17 PM.

Yay now my drake finally uses Tail swipe!
    Yep

Anyone else opened any Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes? If so, what did you get?

I got some exotic mini pets, obsidian shards and a ton of karma potions.

bought 2 boxes got 5 unidentifiable objects (merchant food) and 4 drop of karma
    Yep

Deleted
    A couple of yays: the preview window now shows the particle effects on weapons; my armor texture no longer gets kitten up when I go underwater (wearing conjurer light armor set).

Deleted
    One question about the monthly progress, will this be reset tomorow?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wow. In the middle of a raid and I get an email alert saying someone from China is trying to access my account.

I quickly try to log in to GW2.

Well, my account has been hacked. >.>
    I saw mobile authenticator being option now, on my GW2 account page. So that may help.

As for those without SSD you can tab out and the loading will continue, or stretch your legs a bit.