Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Bored as fuck. I actually think I managed to quit for good this time. This is one thing I'm thanking mop for.
    Yes there is loads to do but between pandas, pet battles, farming, silly quests and dailies, I don't know...
    it just doesn't feel the old world of Warcraft TO ME AT LEAST.
    So you want the old quests like poop quests and running over gnomes right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    There's more poop quests and jokes in MoP than before:P "Running over gnomes" is also recent quest if you mean that Uldum quest.

Nah, I recently got tired of doing PvE content, so I leveled a new char and started doing PvP, it's like an entirely new game.
    ^^
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

not particularly

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is the second best expansion imo.

The only bad part of MoP is the repgrind.

Yeah I'm getting bored too. Most of my friends quit/moved on, my realms been slowly dying, PvP is hard to come by for RBGs, and the dailies feel like a second occupation - even the mounts (jumped from 255 gold in Cata to 2k-10k), BS plans, gear, etc., are not persuading me. Sha of 28 gold and 50 silver (double your gold loot now with an elder charm!) is just....ugh... If this was what the good old days of BC were like....then I'm glad to be a Cata baby.

Deleted
    Yep, very bored, havent played in 3 weeks, mainly due to dailies and don't really like the theme either, probably will come back in a few months though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gobnobbla View Post
    If this was what the good old days of BC were like....then I'm glad to be a Cata baby.
    No we had server communities back then and actual guilds. There was no LFR. Plus it was awesome. >

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghado91 View Post
    Anyone else bored of MoP? I'm not sure what it is but the game just doesn't seem as fun anymore. My server has been progressively dying.

T14 raiding content isn't that good in my opinion. Sure, we have 16 bosses but there are only a few fun fights. Heart of Fear in my opinion is the worst of the 3 raids. I've been raiding in WoW since start of BC and comparing raiding back then to now, raiding just isn't as fun anymore. And yes, I do clear most heroic modes in T14, not just LFR. I'm not sure what it exactly is but comparing T14 to say T11 or any previous raid, T14 isn't that good.

Everything I've done in MoP doesn't feel like an accomplishment. It's like "sure I got almost all BiS heroic raiding gear, so what?" Before in BC, WOTLK, and even Cataclysm, if I was walking in full BiS gear in cities I felt like a boss. I don't feel that way anymore, I think people stopped caring. Is this just me?

What I don't like is how there is not much actual content since release of MoP since release besides the raids. What I mean is that we HAVE to valor cap every week and we HAVE to do dailies to get elder charms. Valor capping is also much harder than Cataclysm. This isn't content in my opinion but it feels mandatory to any hardcore raider. It wasn't like this before. In previous expansions, dailies were exclusively for gaining gold and maybe a few mounts but that was it. I never did dailies in BC, WOTLK, or Cata because there was no need. I don't like the idea of being forced into valor capping weekly AND doing dailies because there is a lack of 'real' content per se.

I think MoP is also not alt friendly at all. It feels mandatory to valor cap alts, do dailies on alts, and do the entire legendary quest chain on alts which takes a lot of time. Who has the time to do all this? In previous expansions alts didn't take much time to manage. You leveled it to max level, maxed out professions and just geared it up and it was all good. It isn't like that anymore.

Essentially my routine has been doing dailies, valor capping, LFR, and raiding. There isn't much else besides that. I don't PvP or farm achievement points either. In previous expansions I always felt like I had something to do without being forced into doing something I didn't want to do.

TL;DR: Why is MoP so boring?

The endless gating and grinds

the game needs new, innovative life, and the development team is just throwing more grinding garbage.

extremely boring, wow is no longer just over the hill, but also sliding down it.

Deleted
    I'm having a lot of fun, because I know that there is new content just around the corner. The problem with the likes of Cataclysm was we didn't know how long we'd be doing X raid for, and it ended up being too long. At least now we have hope that content will be more consistent, even if it's just daily quest hubs, it's something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having the same feeling, after being banned in wrath I came back in Cata and I never ran out of fun things to do. So many fun and interesting dungeons to do, PvP was pretty fun, etc.

Now I find myself looking ahead to the next expansion, even though mists hasn't been out very long.

OP: I feel exactly the same way.

IMO MoP is boring because Blizzard has decided that they have to tell us how to play and while claiming we have a choice they have structured the rewards so that not playing their way (a little every day as opposed to a lot when you feel like it) is less far less efficient.

MoP is boring because Blizzard designed around preventing the players with the most time from running out of content instead of planning a game around what is a reasonable time input for adult customers.

It's all about the pacing and the pace is way too slow. For some reason they have the notion tedious pacing would have prevented players from getting bored at the end of Cataclysm when they didn't add group content for 10 months.

Enjoying it a lot from a raiding perspective.
    But holy hell I will never play touch an alt until 5.2 if not later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope not yet. And with 5.2 i think i shall be occupied
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gobnobbla View Post
    Yeah I'm getting bored too. Most of my friends quit/moved on, my realms been slowly dying, PvP is hard to come by for RBGs, and the dailies feel like a second occupation - even the mounts (jumped from 255 gold in Cata to 2k-10k), BS plans, gear, etc., are not persuading me. Sha of 28 gold and 50 silver (double your gold loot now with an elder charm!) is just....ugh... If this was what the good old days of BC were like....then I'm glad to be a Cata baby.
    Not at all man. In BC wow was a social game with people, you know, interacting with each other apart from "hello" and "thanks bye"
    I guess more than the general silliness what I really hate is this. The fact the game isn't really Social anymore. Lfr Lfd...
    Log in queue up chat with people you met 3 expansions ago if they're online do your thing get your gear kthxbye...

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Are you referring to a handful of quests then yes I liked it back then when we only had -a handful- of poop quests.
    The likes of uldum, valley of the four winds.... I mean can you not spot the difference.
    Anyway that's my personal opinion there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    No we had server communities back then and actual guilds. There was no LFR. Plus it was awesome. >
    Communities are where they have been since day1.

There was no LFR infact you wouldnt see dungeons most of the time unless you had an entire day to waste looking for a party.

The awesome part is just your point of view.

MoP is very similiar to TBC about reps , much better in term of gameplay / story and stuff to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Communities are where they have been since day1.

There was no LFR infact you wouldnt see dungeons most of the time unless you had an entire day to waste looking for a party.

The awesome part is just your point of view.

MoP is very similiar to TBC about reps , much better in term of gameplay / story and stuff to do.
    Well this is extremely false. All it took was around the same as now 10-15 minutes to gather a group. Unless you were a retarded "LFG" trade spammer in that case people would avoid you. Or if you actually managed to know people and add them in your friend list you could have had groups formed instantly. Sociability was rewarded.
    Communities are gone dont know what you're talking about really, before you knew who was good who was bad who to avoid over a the people in the server.
    Gameplay is my much better ill give you that. Quality of life might have improved.
    Story isn't though, I find mop very patched up.
    But anyway that's PERSONAL OPINION up there so take it as it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Well this is extremely false. All it took was around the same as now 10-15 minutes to gather a group. Unless you were a retarded "LFG" trade spammer in that case people would avoid you. Or if you actually managed to know people and add them in your friend list you could have had groups formed instantly. Sociability was rewarded.
    Communities are gone dont know what you're talking about really, before you knew who was good who was bad who to avoid over a the people in the server.
    Gameplay is my much better ill give you that. Quality of life might have improved.
    Story isn't though, I find mop very patched up.
    But anyway that's PERSONAL OPINION up there so take it as it is.
    Not at all unfortunately.

You either didnt experience it or you remember wrong .

But whatever, not like i care .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Not at all unfortunately.

You either didnt experience it or you remember wrong .

But whatever, not like i care .
    It is extremely false. A whole day to find a group? Didn't happen. That's it. It was longer mind you, especially when levelling. But not a whole day ordeal. At max level unless you were spamming "LFG LFG" on trade, you could gather a group pretty quickly.