Thread: Garalon 10N

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Garalon 10N

We have been stuck on Garalon forever now. We can't seem to kill him..

We use 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 DPS, of which 4 DPS rotate the kiting. We just nowhere kill him intime of the Enrage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qr7knbksx69ipg94/

I just wanted to pop in here and say, if it is possible you could have your 2 tanks (or the people eating the frontal cleave) take the pheromones stacks instead and kite the boss. If you have 4 dps doing the pheromones with lower dps, you are losing a huge amount of dps time on the legs/boss and more than likely(like you explained) hit the enrage. If you are set on 2 healing the fight, it is extremely easy for the 2 people eating the frontal attack to be a part of the rotation. I believe if you change this to what I proposed, you will see a significant dps increase for the boss. You could even use 2 tanks/priest/1dps for the rotation for even more dps uptime.

Deleted
    Hi. I'm sorry that I cant look in detail into your logs. I just take the sample (the longest fight).
    There are just a few points before i get into your specific situation.

First of all, I would suggest ( if you have the capability) to switsch to three heals. As far as I saw your best tries end on 4 min mark, so you do not have problems with the enrage yet. (yet).

This in mind you would have to swap the kitters of the dot. Make it 2 tanks and 2 healers in the order 1. Heal/1Tank/2Healer/2 Tank. In this combination you a) dont have that stupid situation where two healers are ocupied with swaping dots (so only one is healing) and all your DPS can just faceroll the boss.

Specific for you: All of your DPS is focusing legs. Dont do that. Eventuali the mele will run out of legs and the DPS loss will be killing you. Second, your tank dps is also REALY low. Try as tanks to kill the front legs, this way you will be (even with dot kiting) doing arround 40-50k dps. It takes some time and practise, but for a first kill its the way to do it. Later when you get comfortable and more items, you can switch to dps kiting, but for now, try this. (And of course get a Global CD rotation for the crash)

EDIT: One more thing ... tell your monk to get better. Read some guides or I don't know. His healing is just way to low!
    Last edited by mmoc612f77a4b4; 2013-01-29 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    What about if the tanks will kite the boss. Will they still be in front of the boss in time?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On your "best" try, the longest atleast, you had 5 players not including the tank's take the furious swipes, some multiple times. If you want to do this fight you have to eliminate errors like that, especially when 2 healing it. Have your tanks communicate with your next kiter if the tank has the debuff at that time, even if you have to extend the debuff slightly or even swap it earlier just make sure you swap them just after a swipe so the ranged doesn't get hit by it.

You only have 1 melee, so it's going to be slightly harder due to this, if possible try bring another melee in. Make sure your tanks are attacking the front legs when they are up and tell them to use dps gear, that'll help your overall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    What about if the tanks will kite the boss. Will they still be in front of the boss in time?

Yes, the kiting will be slower though, and the pools might seem a bit more scattered till they get used to it, due to them having to dance in and out of his range to kite AND eat the cleave. Though I am curious a to your makeup to allow you to two heal it. We 3 heal and our healers have always had issues with it if our shaman's not around.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Your setup seems wierd.
    We use a 1/2 a tank, 3 healers, and 6 DPs setup. 1 tank goes DPS (and will soak the cleave with the "half tank- which we use our blood DK blood spec in DPS gear)
    we have 3 healers, 1 of which is kept out of the rotation entirely. then 2 healers and 2 ranged in rotation for the pheramones. melee handle the legs after the initial 4-5 are down and range focus the boss. weve been getting progressivly quicker kills with this setup.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    Your setup seems wierd.
    We use a 1/2 a tank, 3 healers, and 6 DPs setup. 1 tank goes DPS (and will soak the cleave with the "half tank- which we use our blood DK blood spec in DPS gear)
    we have 3 healers, 1 of which is kept out of the rotation entirely. then 2 healers and 2 ranged in rotation for the pheramones. melee handle the legs after the initial 4-5 are down and range focus the boss. weve been getting progressivly quicker kills with this setup.
    That's the "ideal" way to get this boss down, but it seems they have little scope in changing players, so will be alot harder for then.

Deleted
    As far as i know hunters do pretty much full dmg while running so if you get the all ranged to stop dpsing legs, melees is suppose to take care of legs while ranged go for the body while they can just stand still and stack in middle (helps healers alot also). Problem is you only have 1 melee and thats why i mentioned to maybe have the hunter go for the legs also.

Deleted
    Apart from the tank kiting, is it really needed to have 4 kiters? We usually go up to 20 stacks. But if 3 kiters can survive 25-26 stacks, surely it would be a DPS increase. (Even when 3 man healing)

Quote Originally Posted by Straido View Post
    EDIT: One more thing ... tell your monk to get better. Read some guides or I don't know. His healing is just way to low!
    Monk needs to learn to use Uplift. At your best try uplift is only 4.5% of healing.

Tell him to watch videos/guides.

our monk is doing 37% uplift on heroic garalon

Fatboss has great videos on youtube for the tactics, I recommend watching them

Deleted
    As for the Tanks kittin, its way easier as it looks like. You just have to scrap the idea of puddles beeing nice on the edge of the room. Just put them as you can. The kitting tank is on max range of the cleave and the other right on one of the legs.

As for what to do with only one mele .. well thats more complicated ... assign then one ranget on leg duty, and let your lock multidot as much as he can. That should fix that.

As for the kittin, have 4 kitters, (20 stacks) that leaves you room for error. I know groups that went with 5 kitters, just so they dont have to handle the high amount of raid dmg. Please note, that the dmg from the dot is applied with the same dmg on the whole raid, not just the kitter. So it is irrelevant, how many a single class can take. This said, we found that even at 30 stacks the dmg is manageble ... but at the cost of major raid cd's.

The upside for you is ... after Garalon everything feels nice and easy, so keep on going!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your Dps is a little low, but I still think if you 3 heal the fight you will have a better chance. We also have one of our (plate) tanks go DPS in tank gear. Have all 3 healers kit with lowest mobile dps. This is how our alt raid does it. Should go down fairly quickly for you.

We have been stuck on Garalon forever now. We can't seem to kill him..

We use 2 healers, 2 tanks and 6 DPS, of which 4 DPS rotate the kiting. We just nowhere kill him intime of the Enrage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qr7knbksx69ipg94/
    It looks like many of your deaths happened early and due to taking pheromones damage continuously without being healed up, as well as from crush. Your goal is to keep enough people alive to get to enrage time. You pretty much wiped before even reach there, i.e. you need to keep people alive first. If after you keep people alive and still hit enrage time, then you just have to up dps.

Here's the suggestions:
    1. 3 heals.
    2. One of the tanks (paladin) goes dps spec.
    3. Healers to kite plus 1 dps. Healer who is kiting will be healing him/herself plus tanks.
    4. Range moves roughly together so it's easier for AoE heal.
    5. Don't take to 25 stacks, the phermomones damage will get too high since you are trying to minimize death here.
    6. Heal up each time before Crush but communicate before changing kiter though, so it gives healers time to heal up. Use Healthstones too!!
    7. Use your cool down generously. Spiritlink, Devotion Aura (for pheromones), Tranquility,
    8. Also, if you have issue in which kiter get stunned on the pheromones, have your paladin Hand of Protection the new kiter before crush.
    9. As for legs, there're many ways to deal with it. But, I suggest to heroism and burn down the legs asap at the begining. After that just leave one leg up. Take advantage of the green circle under the leg to get the leg dps down faster.
    10. Discipline priest is very good in this fight to reduce inc damage of Crush through DA and Spirit Shell.

I do think for now your focus should be keeping people alive since you aren't even to enrage time yet. Good luck! It just takes practice to find a strategy that work well for you guys.

Hello,

We struggled for a little bit on this, we swapped our set up to 7 dps and 3 heals, have 2 plate melee wearers on the front legs, who also act as sponges for the strikes. 1 melee on the back legs.

Ranged DPS on garalon's body.

1 healer on kiters, 1 on melee and 1 on ranged.

He no longer poses a problem.

Deleted
    With a Monk Healer on Garalon normal you really shouldn't even have to consider to bring 3 Healers, as it has already been pointed out. Get your Monk into Melee and abuse Renewing Mist/TFT + tunneling Jab-Uplift, which should give a raw (at least) 50% healing throughput increase (I'd expect to see any Monk at this gear level to deliver at least 80k HPS here). Second Healer will have to focus on everyone else who might drop low, but usually with the silly throughput that Mistweavers have if played correctly this fight really is where they can shine. Even if your Monk doesn't like Melee'ing, this boss is a case (and the most extreme case in this tier) where skipping it ruins your performance.

Deleted
    Whats about the minimum DPS per person needed to kill him?

Whats about the minimum DPS per person needed to kill him?
    Our first Garalon kill, in which we didn't have a hero\lust. We had about 10 secs left before enraged. we avereged 819,340dps. That's a 2 tank, 2 healer, 6DPS config

That boomkin is really bad dps-wise and mechanic-wise. His moonfire/sunfire uptime is horrendous (45%/40% on 6min attempt).

Edit. Looked at almost every attempt. Turn on the dps graphs to see that boomkins active time. Anyone else notice he does burst dps for about 30 seconds, then does ABSOLUTELY ZERO DPS FOR A MINUTE. Then does a little dps for another minute and bursts again 3 minutes.

How is he doing ZERO dps for a good minute after 30 seconds into every attempt? I looked at his logs and he's not doing much healing. Just a rejuv or 2, no Healing touches.

It just dawned on me. He's probably the 2nd kiter, and does 0 dps while he's kiting. *Insert massive facepalm.
    Last edited by Scubascythe; 2013-01-29 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubascythe View Post
    That boomkin is really bad dps-wise and mechanic-wise. His moonfire/sunfire uptime is horrendous (45%/40% on 6min attempt).

It just dawned on me. He's probably the 2nd kiter, and does 0 dps while he's kiting. This epic failure amazes me.
    I'm guessing you must play a boomkin ? You know some people just don't take the game that serious right ? It's not like it pays the bills.