Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    And... This thread is the worst one i have ever seen on here. Why the hell is such a hate filled thread still opened?
    It's still pretty civil imo. It's a discussion. And as you can see, it's a big deal to quite a few guys on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    When I was in college I worked at the university cafeteria. One day we had some inner city schools show up for a special meal. The whole thing was paid for by the university. These schools were almost exclusively black. Anyway at the end of the day about 60 percent of our silver was missing. We usually lost a small amount of silver ware every day but nothing like this. We even had waffle maker disappear.

While I believe most stereotypes are bad, sometimes the people being stereotyped seem to go out of their way to reinforce said stereotype.
    Lol.

So the "usual amount of silver each day" that someone was pinching. So you know you already have a thief. And one day theres a black kid at the cafeteria, and you walk right into his thinking : "If I pinch loads more today, everyone will think its that black kid".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maddeliciousone View Post
    It's still pretty civil imo. It's a discussion. And as you can see, it's a big deal to quite a few guys on this board.
    Look at the title. There is nothing to discuss. All it is is the OP trying to justify being an idiot and an asshole. Everyone is HUMAN. That is what race we are. Anyone who puts THE HUMAN RACE into any other group then THE HUMAN RACE just shows that they aren't very bright.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-01-29 at 12:11 PM.
    Aye mate

i'd rather be a racist than full of white guilt

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Lol.

So the "usual amount of silver each day" that someone was pinching. So you know you already have a thief. And one day theres a black kid at the cafeteria, and you walk right into his thinking : "If I pinch loads more today, everyone will think its that black kid".
    You completely misunderstand. We lost silverware due to people throwing it away with their trash or them getting caught in the scrappers (high powered jet wash that cleans dishes before they hit the big dishwasher). The amount we lost was maybe 2 dozen at most. That day we lost a significant amount more plus other things. We also were not open to the general student body. The university students went to a separate cafeteria so we only served these inner city high schools. This is what happened, you can make up your own mind about who was responsible.

Oh and when you paraphrase quotes you use ' and not " so as not to look dumb when what you quote is not what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    vidya

Universities in the west have been turned in to indoctrination camps. I see why you would think "they are usually poorly educated". Freedom of speech is being smothered with a pillow "because we dont want to offend anyone".
    Fun video; thanks for that. I do find it interesting that people who do identify as making judgments based on race, or even suggesting that there are races, are being called idiots.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    I've done the forums things before on other sites and usually somewhere along the lines somebody will try to label me a racist. Over the years I've grown to accept it (dont really think I am though).
    I was labeled a racist for demanding everyone in our raid understand English on vent. That doesn't make me a racist, though.

Don't really know what I'm trying to get out of this but I'm tired of others thinking racist people are bad.
    It's ridiculously easy to get accused of racism, but that doesn't mean you're actually a racist - false accusations are very common.

There's the rub:
    - If you hold racist beliefs, that's stupid.
    - If you're called a racist, it doesn't mean anything.

I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem.
    Hmm...

If you believe that's true because of some inherent racial trait, you're a racist.
    If you believe that's true because some races are represented in disproportional numbers among the lower social clas for historical reasons (descendents of former slaves), you're not a racist.

Of course there are other explanations too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    i'd rather be a racist than full of white guilt
    what exactly is "white guilt" and why are you implying that you must either be a Racist or have it?

this makes absolutely no sense. It's easy to not be a racist and not feel guilty for being white. Just because through out history white people have more commonly committed acts like enslavement, forcefully annexing entire countries or large regions to form empires, and used religion as an excuse to commit some of the worse atrocities in history, doesn't mean you have to feel guilty about something someone else decided.

The day you go out and start a crusade to purge the holy land of all non Christians, or go out and exploit India or another nation to build an economic empire, or go and start enslaving indigenous peoples then you should feel guilty. Until then just choose to not be a dick and if confronted by someone blaming you for the crimes of past generations of Caucasians take a line from Shaggy "It Wasn't me"

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    When I was in college I worked at the university cafeteria. One day we had some inner city schools show up for a special meal. The whole thing was paid for by the university. These schools were almost exclusively black. Anyway at the end of the day about 60 percent of our silver was missing. We usually lost a small amount of silver ware every day but nothing like this. We even had waffle maker disappear.

While I believe most stereotypes are bad, sometimes the people being stereotyped seem to go out of their way to reinforce said stereotype.
    I say that to myself quite frequently when it comes to some white people and racism, on "safe zone" internet forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    what exactly is "white guilt" and why are you implying that you must either be a Racist or have it?

this makes absolutely no sense. It's easy to not be a racist and not feel guilty for being white. Just because through out history white people have more commonly committed acts like enslavement, forcefully annexing entire countries or large regions to form empires, and used religion as an excuse to commit some of the worse atrocities in history, doesn't mean you have to feel guilty about something someone else decided.

The day you go out and start a crusade to purge the holy land of all non Christians, or go out and exploit India or another nation to build an economic empire, or go and start enslaving indigenous peoples then you should feel guilty. Until then just choose to not be a dick and if confronted by someone blaming you for the crimes of past generations of Caucasians take a line from Shaggy "It Wasn't me"
    "White Guilt", when spoken negatively 99% of the time, is just a buzzword that (low grade) white people use when they're against anything that has to do with acknowledging the bad things they've done. Bad things that conflict the false image of perfection that they have been fed, that has shaped their unhealthy and laughably weak self image. It's like "Cultural Marxist". A phrase that is used constantly by fringe idiots, that the rest of us scoff at.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-29 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Look at the title. There is nothing to discuss. All it is is the OP trying to justify being an idiot and an asshole. Everyone is HUMAN. That is what race we are. Anyone who puts THE HUMAN RACE into any other group then THE HUMAN RACE just shows that they aren't very bright.
    And that makes you brighter how?
    Not recognising the staggering differences between us is just as dogmatic as thinking they make one superior than the other.

There's a difference between being wary of some black kid dressed like a gangster with a rag hanging out of his pocket and seeing a black guy dressed in a nice suit and thinking he must have bought it with drug money. The first is simply working from what you know statistically and from the appearance they present, everyone does that, the second is coming up with a completely unrelated conclusion to the information provided you and is more along the lines of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    And that makes you brighter how?
    Not recognising the staggering differences between us is just as dogmatic as thinking they make one superior than the other.
    Staggering is just a blatant exaggeration. "Noticeable", is a more appropriate word.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    "White Guilt", when spoken negatively 99% of the time, is just a buzzword that (low grade) white people use when they're against anything that has to do with acknowledging the bad things they've done. Bad things that conflict the false image of perfection that they have been fed, that has shaped their unhealthy and laughably weak self image. It's like "Cultural Marxist". A phrase that is used constantly by fringe idiots, that the rest of us scoff at.
    Nice generalization. Now, show us some proof to back up these claims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruddoris View Post
    Just because through out history white people have more commonly committed acts like enslavement, forcefully annexing entire countries or large regions to form empires, and used religion as an excuse to commit some of the worse atrocities in history
    Ah, care to support that claim?

The history of Africa is littered with enslavement, empires of conquest and black-black racism, spiced up with cannibalism - for thousands of years. Until about 1850, when the Europeans moved in and took over. At least by then Europeans tried to suppress the slave trade and cannibalism.

you have the religions of the world to thank for racism and hypocrites and wars

do you believe in god? NO...bang dead
    do you believe in god? YES... do you believe in my god? NO ...bang dead

look through history and you will see the belief in a religion has caused more racism hatred death and persecution than any one thing.

Racism is a very bad thing. No one want to feel the hate of people.

OP, you answered your own question when you wrote, "I guess what it stems down to is being a realist that acknowledges some races are prone to violence, drugs, and general mayhem." THAT is racism. You are generalizing people based upon their race. What you wrote is not true. People are more prone to those things because of the environment they grew up in, not because they were born with a different skin color.

And to the person who said "everyone" is racist deep down, that is not true. It's been proven racism is a learned trait.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Nice generalization. Now, show us some proof to back up these claims?
    That's the second time you've intentionally misinterpreted my post. There won't be a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post

The history of Africa is littered with enslavement, empires of conquest and black-black racism, spiced up with cannibalism - for thousands of years. Until about 1850, when the Europeans moved in and took over. At least by then Europeans tried to suppress the slave trade and cannibalism.
    Proof of this first sentence please. Something irrefutable that demonstrates that these things were carried out throughout most of the continent, as you are implying. I'll wait.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2013-01-29 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    For ppl that don't now, racist is some thing u hate! It can be a race, politic and religon and yes u can be racist to ur own skin. And i,m a racist, cuz a hate blue ppl, they fuck My brain all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post

Yeah, I always like that. Seems many have forgotten that African slaves were not simply swept away, they were often sold by tribal leaders (ie other Africans).