Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Putting people off coming to Britain campaign

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ja...aria-ministers

Please don't come to Britain – it rains and the jobs are scarce and low-paid. Ministers are considering launching a negative advertising campaign in Bulgaria and Romania to persuade potential immigrants to stay away from the UK.

The plan, which would focus on the downsides of British life, is one of a range of potential measures to stem immigration to Britain next year when curbs imposed on both country's citizens living and working in the UK will expire.
    I really liked some of the fan ideas for putting off Romanians and Bulgarians.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/gallery...isters-gallery

My favorite one is this one:

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless your Quality of Life (QoL) is either equal too or less than what the immigrant is coming from, I highly doubt these negative compaigns would have much impact. Long lines and bad weather arnt really that great of deturrents to those that are truely dedicated.

Yeah don't let what happened to USA happen to you. Immigration is a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Unless your Quality of Life (QoL) is either equal too or less than what the immigrant is coming from, I highly doubt these negative compaigns would have much impact. Long lines and bad weather arnt really that great of deturrents to those that are truely dedicated.
    Your way of thinking aligns with the Daily mail's stance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...Belgravia.html

Would you prefer to be paid a pittance working in an asbestos factory in Bulgaria or earn £250 a week as a barista in a coffee bar in Belgravia?
    I guess, I should feel offended by this, but i find it too funny.

It's ironic that Britain, France, and the like spent centuries going into others' countries, usually unwelcomed, and are now crying foul when the table's turned and foreigners are coming to their shores (and at least they have the decency to not bring armies with them and slap chains on you like you did in many of their countries).

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    That image isn't a turnoff, the caption might as well read "look at all these old geezer waiting to be pickpocketed". Perhaps not the best spot to do it but if its crowded there just imagine how crowded it is elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    That image isn't a turnoff, the caption might as well read "look at all these old geezer waiting to be pickpocketed". Perhaps not the best spot to do it but if its crowded there just imagine how crowded it is elsewhere.
    By Anglo pickpockets you mean?

Deleted
    It sounds like a pointless endeavour. The UK is not (yet) a basket case like Greece, where immigrants have come for years but now the country has no means to support them and the Golden Dawn party are practically running the streets in some places. They will know if the opportunities are better for them.

Create a country with social programs that benefit anyone that moves there without requiring them to do anything and you'll find a lot of people who work hard and basically have nothing like free things.

Its basically the UK's own fault for electing morons to represent them who joined the EU. Now they're importing in people who will vote them into office in perpetuity.

I thought that campaign kicked off in May 2010 when some dozy motherfuckers in dear old England voted David Cameron into no. 10 Downing Street?
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    I thought that campaign kicked off in May 2010 when some dozy motherfuckers in dear old England voted David Cameron into no. 10 Downing Street?

This is another gem.

Deleted

Wow, so that's UK's longest wait in line? We have those waiting for getting food. Life seems so much better in UK.
    Plus, we had draught in last few years so crops didn't grow so less food even, if it rains there it means there's much more food.

Thank you Cybran, I will tell every single romanian and bulgarian how good life is there and send them there Maybe I'll come too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Yeah don't let what happened to USA happen to you. Immigration is a thing of the past.
    Yeah, no. Immigration is a critical means of maintaining steady population growth, especially critical in Western countries with low birth rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

This is another gem.
    This made for a good laugh. I wish we could do something similar here in the US. No body would support it tho since racism is so heavily looked down upon.

Deleted

This is another gem.
    Oh wow, that looks horrible... on the other hand, some of our ministers haven't even finished university, some, including the education minister, have faked their thesis for ending university by copying whole passages from other works of other people without quoting (copyright infringement) and so on. UK looks much better now, doesn't it?

You're really trying to get me to come to UK Cybran, aren't you?

Deleted
    It's ironic that Britain, France, and the like spent centuries going into others' countries, usually unwelcomed, and are now crying foul when the table's turned and foreigners are coming to their shores (and at least they have the decency to not bring armies with them and slap chains on you like you did in many of their countries).
    I agree, I also think everyone in Britain should be given Villas in Italy to make up for the invasion in 43AD; good thinking pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    You're really trying to get me to come to UK Cybran, aren't you?
    I am Bulgarian and i love this campaign. Thanks to the Daily mail i found out there are factories that use Asbestos, which has been outlawed here since 1993.

Deleted
    I made my own!

And sorry Cybran, I forgat you're bulgarian. To be honest I find this campaign funny as hell. Because it's just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Well, one thing's for sure, I'm starting to get extremely pissed off at Western Europeans' attitudes towards Eastern, Southeastern or Southern Europeans. Sure, criticize their governments, criticize them for choosing such governments, lobby for immigration control, but, for the love of God, don't demonize, generalize and stereotype people.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ja...aria-ministers

I really liked some of the fan ideas for putting off Romanians and Bulgarians.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/gallery...isters-gallery

My favorite one is this one:

I've been there! Honestly that immigration office wasn't too bad compared to some.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!