Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    To be honest... I was expecting more. Meh.

the amount of stupid ppl posting about daily requirements on the official forums is just ridiculous. "Great.. because what I want to do at crafting level 400 is just craft 10 items for the sake of crafting 10 items."

Refining mats is crafting noobs!

I logged in last night to check out the patch. Pretty whatever-city. Just dailies without a hub.

Probably the biggest Le Meh yet in GW2.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-29 at 05:03 PM. Reason: typo. just woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    the amount of stupid ppl posting about daily requirements on the official forums is just ridiculous. "Great.. because what I want to do at crafting level 400 is just craft 10 items for the sake of crafting 10 items."

Refining mats is crafting noobs!
    Yeah...the amount of stupid people is stupid. I can't really believe how many people complain over actually nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I logged in last night to check out the patch. Pretty whatever-city. Just dailies with a hub.

Well they did say it was gonna be a small patch, all it did was update some systems and refine other things. No real New content other than the refugee thing which doesnt start till today i believe and i think thats gonna be pretty small as well but well see in a few hours.

Next months patches are supposed to be the big ones so if you still feel the same way then, then gw2 might have alot of work to do to put it back in line with Halloween and wintersday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Yeah...the amount of stupid people is stupid. I can't really believe how many people complain over actually nothing.
    Ppl over there are complaining about alot of crap in that dailies thread. Like how the new daily achivements are not fun. Im like dude, half the daily achives you get just by playing the game naturally. Another person said who wants to dodge 15 attacks or revive 10 allies. Seriously? Dodging is somthing you do anyway while your playing. All the content i do from fractals to explorables to farming for gold in Orr, all of that has me rezzing allies and dodging powerful attacks. How is that even difficult to do?

Then theres ppl who either dont read dev posts, watch interviews, or just plain dont pay attention. Because this one guy posted that he was made that he couldnt pick 4 out of the 6 achievements to do when i clearly remember Colin saying that feature would not be in this patch as they just wanted to put the new laurel system in and achievement UI and not the new achievement mechanics.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2013-01-29 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I really can't believe people on the main forums are bitching about the combo field daily. Combo fields are activated by almost anything... I don't understand the problem. Its a daily achievement for things you do... on a daily basis.

Get it threw your heads people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I can believe it. People will bitch about anything, even trivial stuff like that.
    I'm just assuming now, but there is a good chance some people need to kill 5billion creatures in and with combofields etc. I was doing it with a guildmate yesterday and he simply couldn't get credit for it even with both him and me dropping a multitude of fields and using finishers in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    I'm just assuming now, but there is a good chance some people need to kill 5billion creatures in and with combofields etc. I was doing it with a guildmate yesterday and he simply couldn't get credit for it even with both him and me dropping a multitude of fields and using finishers in them.
    It was clarified as a bug and anet removed it.

Other then that the actual concept people are complaining about is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It was clarified as a bug and anet removed it.

Other then that the actual concept people are complaining about is stupid.
    Ah well makes sense, he did get credit sometimes though I think he managed to get 3 after about an hour of killing mobs and doing one event with lots of people in that time aswell, anyways I prefer this new daily, aslong as it works of course.

I logged in last night to check out the patch. Pretty whatever-city. Just dailies without a hub.

Then you didn't experience one of the biggest changes with the patch then. Dungeon tuning. Some guildies and I ran CoF EM and AC EM last night and man was it great! They've fixed some of the annoying/overtuned encounters and made them more manageable and fun. We actually didn't have to skip certain areas in our runs last night (cuz they either made it more balanced or more fun) or we couldn't skip certain spots anymore (which in defense of that, they made the events in those areas MUCH better than before). We were actually very impressed with some of the changes they made, at least in those two dungeons. And the whole not being able to respawn and run back during boss fight? Wasn't an issue, even when we had to PuG two spots later on in the evening. If you're bitching about that, then it's a L2P issue, not an Anet issue.

Don't put down the update when you only experienced ONE aspect of the patch. That's called judging a book by its cover. And yeah, the Daily achievements are actually better than before (for example, I was able to get almost all of my daily done by just running those dungeons last night...easy stuff). You will actually earn rewards outside of just gold, mystic coins, and jugs now. Win/Win in my book.

For a moderator in the GW2 forums, you're still awfully harsh towards the game.

Don't care about dungeons in GW2, to be honest. Still, meh-a-tron.

Mods are under no obligation to be "kind" to the game(s) of the forums they moderate. A LOL mod can just as easily think Darius is flippin' awful as a Rift mod feel dailies are lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fencers thinks everything about GW2 is meh. She has spent 99% of her posts on MMO-C telling everyone that, over 6600 posts lol.

Quite a bizarre obsession to be sure. To spend so much time to post and moderate a forum on a game you don't care about ;-)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-01-29 at 07:36 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Fairly meh-y game at times, yea.

Fairly meh-y game at times, yea.
    Pretty much how I feel about all video games nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Looks like Orichalcum will shoot through the roof again...

The Orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove is now a regular vein instead of a rich vein.
    No reason to go to Southsun Cove now. Another dead map.

Quote Originally Posted by doozerjun View Post
    pretty much how i feel about all video games nowadays.
    maybe you hate video games doozerjun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    No reason to go to Southsun Cove now. Another dead map.
    No reason to go before the change anyway. Little DE, copied champion mobs from another game that drops crap loot, and orichalcum veins guarded by 12 mobs.

Yea no...

Lotta ppl waiting in Diessa Plateau waiting to see if the new storyline starts.

Eh, I'm afraid I can't really agree on the dailies. As someone who usually does not take up crafting I find the crafting one annoying simply from the standpoint that if you are not a crafter then it forces you to go train a profession to complete a daily, which is completely stupid, totally impractical, and rubs my OCDness in all the wrong ways.

The "healer" one actually turned out to be more of a pain than I thought because I was in competition with a bunch of other people rushing to downed players/corpses and I'm like, awesome, an achievement that essentially pits me against other players. Yay. -_-

Since the combo one was bugged I don't know if having to group with others was intentional or not, but if so then that was also a dumb decision.

I think the biggest issue is at the end of the day are you: 1) having more fun with it and 2) able to complete it with the same amount of speed/ease? So far it's looking like a lot of people are saying no to both of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift mod feel dailies are lame.
    Put's hand up. (Actually don't like how many rep grinds there are to be exact)

I don't throw up my poms poms and my cheerleader outfit with everything a developer does. I'm not defending Fencers or any other mod for that matter but everyone complains about haters in games well I think cheerleaders who just gush over everything can be just as annoying. Just saying.

Sorry for de-railing. If you like the patch or the dungeon mechanic changes then that's all that should matter. They did back peddle a bit and say January's patch is not bursting with content awhile back so the patch is what they claimed it would be. I think their February & March patches are the ones to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Eh, I'm afraid I can't really agree on the dailies. As someone who usually does not take up crafting I find the crafting one annoying simply from the standpoint that if you are not a crafter then it forces you to go train a profession to complete a daily, which is completely stupid, totally impractical, and rubs my OCDness in all the wrong ways.

The "healer" one actually turned out to be more of a pain than I thought because I was in competition with a bunch of other people rushing to downed players/corpses and I'm like, awesome, an achievement that essentially pits me against other players. Yay. -_-

Since the combo one was bugged I don't know if having to group with others was intentional or not, but if so then that was also a dumb decision.

I think the biggest issue is at the end of the day are you: 1) having more fun with it and 2) able to complete it with the same amount of speed/ease? So far it's looking like a lot of people are saying no to both of those.
    Is there a crafting daily? I can't find it..

The "Healer" daily is actually really easy to do considering NPC's work. I just go to any newbie zone cause there's usually an abundance of NPC's laying around dead.