Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would love to get into beta for this game...

can someone provide some insight of how is it? decribe the look and feel etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter1 View Post
    I would love to get into beta for this game...

can someone provide some insight of how is it? decribe the look and feel etc...
    Kinda going off what Northy said, the game can be confusing if you're not paying attention on the intro stuff (it's stil beta after all). When I first came into the game, I just started figuring out the controls. After that I just wondered off and started exploring what the beta had open in terms of the world, which was fun. Randomly running into enemies and killing them, looting stuff, helping out other players fighting NPCs. What really helps is the boosters we have. When we jump and hold down on our space bar, we can fly up a bit, but there are limitations on it which I like a lot. What also helps is how enemies can't be "too high of a level to fight". Though I'm not entirely sure on how stats work in this game, armor/weapon upgrades, etc.

The game feels a bit cartoony (similar to WoW). The world and npcs/mobs. Some of the bad guy sound like English dub'd voice of Kenpachi from Bleach (sorry kinda random). However the combat is pretty fun. Kinda wish there was combat like this, but with melee xD.

Hope this helps, just my view on the game so far. Definitely going to play it for at least a big when it comes out. Good game ^_^
    Last edited by GuiltyCrown; 2013-01-27 at 09:27 PM.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

Deleted
    Thank you very much for your reply mate, you helped alot

So much running around in the game. Crappy tutorial kinda leaves you to figure shit out on your own too.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So much running around in the game. Crappy tutorial kinda leaves you to figure shit out on your own too.
    Have you used the glider pads at all?

While I love the game, the fact that the first mission that has you fighting against mobs (Stamper protect) pretty much is a big "Screw you" to sniper players made me annoyed as hell. If you have class options, at least have them viable in the tutorial >_>

Damn this game is confusing.
    Explain?...

I like the game a lot, but I won't be playing it. I refuse to support anything with found style pay2win. Marvel Heroes/Firefall, I'm looking at you.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I like the game a lot, but I won't be playing it. I refuse to support anything with found style pay2win. Marvel Heroes/Firefall, I'm looking at you.
    Ya the PvP will suck because some people have nothing to do but farm PvE all day. PvP needs separate rewards.

Deleted
    Guys one question...

When you buy a founders thing you get instant beta access... i have a question... Beta is up every single day or just weekends?

I have 2 beta keys send me your email address so I can invite you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter1 View Post
    Guys one question...

When you buy a founders thing you get instant beta access... i have a question... Beta is up every single day or just weekends?
    24/7 exceptions being maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    While I love the game, the fact that the first mission that has you fighting against mobs (Stamper protect) pretty much is a big "Screw you" to sniper players made me annoyed as hell. If you have class options, at least have them viable in the tutorial >_>
    The current quests are temporary and are being replaced. You're better off just going and exploring, that's the primary form of entertainment at the moment anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    What's P2W in Firefall?

Ya the PvP will suck because some people have nothing to do but farm PvE all day. PvP needs separate rewards.
    PVP is being completely separated from PVE gear wise. Last I read it sounded like they were taking an approach similar to GW2.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    PVP is being completely separated from PVE gear wise. Last I read it sounded like they were taking an approach similar to GW2.
    You sure? I don't remember hearing that...

You sure? I don't remember hearing that...
    Yep!

http://www.firefallthegame.com/commu.../#post-1680464

I can't find the original post where they announced it (or rather, the post for the video that they announced it in), but here's a Red 5 post saying it's happening. In regards to the PVE gear issue to boot.
    ~ flarecde

Deleted
    Got an invite from a friend yday and passed on my own 5 instantly. Been playing the game most of my time awake since.. Man this is gonna be so good. This is what the game industry needs.

They recently posted a blog on the upcoming Battleframe changes, particularly regarding instanced PVP. More details on how it's being separated out from PVE without gutting the PVE progression. Looks like they're kinda moving towards a MOBA style system with skills and passives.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/...frame-changes/
    ~ flarecde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    They recently posted a blog on the upcoming Battleframe changes, particularly regarding instanced PVP. More details on how it's being separated out from PVE without gutting the PVE progression. Looks like they're kinda moving towards a MOBA style system with skills and passives.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/...frame-changes/
    I'm looking foward to see how the Battleframe changes play out. Especially on my Tier 2 Nighthawk Recon Battleframe.
    I honestly think this is for the better imo, the moba styled abilities and these new mmos cutting on ability bloat. I rather have 3 or 4 unique and meaningful abilities , along with Unique Passives per Class/Battleframe than having 10+ abilities that perform almost the same task .

I have 3 beta invites if anyone is interested. Just inbox me your email address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Afraid the only way you can get one of those awesome vehicles to ride around in is if you pay the $100 founder option. I know we will have to option to craft or obtain temporary vehicles. . .but that bugs me (just my personal view on it).
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass