Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

this one made me laugh, some funny images on there though!

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I've been there! Honestly that immigration office wasn't too bad compared to some.

isnt the immigration office in Croydon? it must be bad.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-01-29 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Yeah, no. Immigration is a critical means of maintaining steady population growth, especially critical in Western countries with low birth rates.
    I bet we'd be seeing taxpayers with families of 7 or 8 if they weren't paying for everyone else. Smart countries allow immigration only if the immigrants can prove to be a benefit to the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Well, one thing's for sure, I'm starting to get extremely pissed off at Western Europeans' attitudes towards Eastern, Southeastern or Southern Europeans. Sure, criticize their governments, criticize them for choosing such governments, lobby for immigration control, but, for the love of God, don't demonize, generalize and stereotype people.
    I'm pretty sure you just demonstrated some hypocrisy in those two sentences.

When watching Question Time, either last week or the week before, a government minister was talking about a way to combat health tourism and other similar immigration issues relating to benefits by having a 3 month gap between the person entering the country and their eligibility for access to social programs.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-yPnDzmMyo that's the question I was talking about.
    Last edited by Activi-T; 2013-01-29 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

this one made me laugh, some funny images on there though!

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 04:33 PM ----------

isnt the immigration office in Croydon? it must be bad.
    I probably should have said immigration/customs station? It was in Heathrow Airport.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think that approach would work.
    You should rather advertise immigration to another country (preferably a country you don't want relations with).
    Something like; Dont choose Britain, try France much better in every way!

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I dont think that approach would work.
    You should rather advertise immigration to another country (preferably a country you don't want relations with).
    Something like; Dont choose Britain, try France much better in every way!

The brits are way ahead of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I'm pretty sure you just demonstrated some hypocrisy in those two sentences.
    True, I meant to say "some Western Europeans'". However, I haven't encountered a Western European yet who didn't think Romanians and Bulgarians were demons.

Deleted
    True, I meant to say "some Western Europeans'". However, I haven't encountered a Western European yet who didn't think Romanians and Bulgarians were demons.
    Yarr! Fear my horns! Polishing them is evil!

On a serious note - going from a 150 euro/month paycheck to a 4x+ one is attractive, and the hope of fulfilling more dreams in another country can't be killed no matter what campaigns are launched.
    Also, calling romanians/bulgarians gipsies/rromani or vice-versa is not very constructive (not posted here, at least yet, but it does happen. I for one got asked many questions about my "gipsy" culture/life, after revealing my nationality).

Have a nice day!

Deleted
    Well, one thing's for sure, I'm starting to get extremely pissed off at Western Europeans' attitudes towards Eastern, Southeastern or Southern Europeans. Sure, criticize their governments, criticize them for choosing such governments, lobby for immigration control, but, for the love of God, don't demonize, generalize and stereotype people.
    The articles being shown here are funny as hell (and will no way be used!), but I am not sure how they are attempting to "demoniz(s)e, generaliz(s)e or stereotype Eastern, Southeastern or Southern Europeons? I may be misunderstanding your meaning? My views on "Johnny Foreigners" (as an Englishman) are the same regardless of where you are from (but I am especially suspicious of ze Germans...) /end sarcasm!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

This is another gem.
    The font on that is awful, and looks like a child has made it... I get so annoyed at work when people send me production schedules as Excel sheets and they use COMIC SANS MS as the font because it looks "nice". All users of this font should burn in hell!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    The articles being shown here are funny as hell (and will no way be used!), but I am not sure how they are attempting to "demoniz(s)e, generaliz(s)e or stereotype Eastern, Southeastern or Southern Europeons? I may be misunderstanding your meaning? My views on "Johnny Foreigners" (as an Englishman) are the same regardless of where you are from (but I am especially suspicious of ze Germans...) /end sarcasm!
    I wasn't particularly referring to the contents of this thread, just the general dislike of non-Western Europeans in Western European countries and the forms of demonizing of such people that occurs in such countries.

Deleted
    I don't, and I don't personally know anybody who does either.

Deleted
    I wasn't particularly referring to the contents of this thread, just the general dislike of non-Western Europeans in Western European countries and the forms of demonizing of such people that occurs in such countries.
    From what I experienced in Britain, it really depends on where you go. I did feel rather excluded in London, but not so in Leeds or anywhere up north really.

But for now, I do plan on moving to England, no matter its state. I'm in a relationship, and I'd rather move to her dump of a country than have her move to my dump of a country. x)

(I'm from Slovenia by the way.)

Deleted
    This is hilarious. Especially the pictures that people have sent in to be used

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    From what I experienced in Britain, it really depends on where you go. I did feel rather excluded in London, but not so in Leeds or anywhere up north really.

But for now, I do plan on moving to England, no matter its state. I'm in a relationship, and I'd rather move to her dump of a country than have her move to my dump of a country. x)

Oh, the irony of people being prejudiced towards ex-commie countries when, for example, your country is more developed than, say, the UK. xD

I think their efforts are hilarious. I get why dont want us. Just this morning a mob boss who was released for "medical reasons" was shot 4 times...

Deleted
    I think their efforts are hilarious. I get why dont want us. Just this morning a mob boss who was released for "medical reasons" was shot 4 times...
    Yea, I heard on tv, what's bad on that, a mafia leader being shot when he was about to be released using a loophole? I personally don't see the problem there. You forgat to say though he was shot next to the Palace of Justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post

parts of the UK are really nice, gernerally if you stay away from the major cities its fine. some parts of London are ok, but they are expensive. i prefer towns to be honest.

Deleted

The brits are way ahead of you.
    I love how the unshaven, smoking, scruffy bit is Scotland, seems very apt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I love how the unshaven, smoking, scruffy bit is Scotland, seems very apt.
    And London is sitting right in the ass crack.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    And London is sitting right in the ass crack.

i think i live on the knee.