[PvP Mainly] Stick with my Feral?

Hello!

I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I have an alt Feral, level 87 right now. I really enjoy playing him, but have limited time (kids, school). I love stealth, but hate waiting for energy. Anyway, I've been told that Feral is in a good place (perhaps a bit too much) in PvP right now, but we're getting nerfed in 5.2. I'd just like some advice and feedback on how Feral is going to be in 5.2 and curious whether I should stick with it.

See, I have a monk about the same level and I really can't decide on whom to pursue to 90. Any observations or help is so very much appreciated.

Deleted
    In 5.2 Feral along with Monks and Rogues are really strong so go with whatever you prefer playing. I rolled a druid with the intention of playing resto in PvP and i am really struggling with melee's but i am far from fully geared and i intend on giving Feral a go with the remainder of 5.1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    In 5.2 Feral along with Monks and Rogues are really strong
    I'm not bothering with the PTR, but Feral didn't receive a single buff. Instead, they got 2 heavy utility nerfs and a small burst nerf. What makes them any better than they are currently? Again, not implying Ferals are doing bad. I'm simply wondering where this is coming from.

On topic: Although the nerfs were pretty bad, Ferals will certainly stay viable and one of the most bursty specs in game, in the right hands. If you enjoy playing it, just play it. That's all there is to it tbh.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2013-01-29 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Monk. Seeing as you don't like waiting for energy and stuff. Monks have insane CC, and EXTREME burst next patch (mastery buffed, 30-40% dmg increasement for 15 seconds approx every 45 seconds, can set up for 30 sec burst + tigerseye brew you gain during brew = 45 seconds of extreme burst). Plus the QoL changes with tigers lust and chi wave no costing any chi. I'd DEFINATELY play monk.

I've been playing feral druid this patch, but I'm just not liking the direction blizzard is taking with ferals (being the extreme burst spec and all).

Deleted
    I'm not bothering with the PTR, but Feral didn't receive a single buff. Instead, they got 2 heavy utility nerfs and a small burst nerf. What makes them any better than they are currently? Again, not implying Ferals are doing bad. I'm simply wondering where this is coming from.
    I dont know the reason either perhaps they are scaling better with gear than most? I am going on what i see so it is far from concrete but they dont look in a bad way by far. Healers dont like them on PTR so thats gotta be good right?

10+ Year Old Account
    For casual random battlegrounds, i'd say both are fine. Monks will be 'better' but sometimes stealth capping a base alone > stomping 20 - 0 KBs.

However, if you want to play more seriously, pushing high rating in arena or RBG Monk is the way to go. Feral doesn't really have a place in RBG anymore (Ofc guardian does, but I get the impression you don't bear that often?) Monk will be flavour of the month next season for both melee dps, and healer. (If people actually learn to play brewmaster's they're amazing, but many 'leaders' are ignorant to their skill set, and would prefer what they know (prot warrior/guardian druid) so you may find it hard getting in as a tank) but monks will be in the best spot next season.

My two cents; if you're playing a druid, it should be boomkin. So fun and rewarding to play, but a very different style to feral. I personally detest feral/rogue because I have very high activity and dislike waiting for energy; monks are VERY different to this, yes they have energy, but when that is regen'ing you have chi to spend, they're far more fluent than rogue/feral which feel clunky and slow to me.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Well, rogue energy regeneration is a lot better than feral, and is quite active.

As it stands, feral Druids are more represented in all forms of rated play currently than monks, but the gap will certainly decrease come 5.2
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Ferals will be alot worse in 5.2 than they are now simply due to the 20 second cooldown on cyclone.

Monks and rogues will be far superior.

Reduced movement speed from PvP set.
    CD on Cyclone.
    Small nerf to Nature's Vigil.
    Almost constantly energy starved.
    Clunkiest mechanic in game (Savage Roar)

My main character for 7 years and I'm kind of burned of how Blizzard treats our class and spec.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still staying as Feral.

classes are going to get nerfed and buffed every month, if you like the class, just stick with it.