Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh would tear him limb from limb.

VICTORY OR DEATH!
    Legendary Blogging - http://www.fugpugs.com/

Deleted
    I don't think he is, even though he looks pumped on steroids.

I hope we will see some action with all Durotar founders (Chen-Rexxar-Thrall) in later patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone brought up Shandris yet? You'd think someone who's thousands of years old would be pretty damn good by now. Oh, well it looks like they turned her into a priestess of the moon as far as lore is concerned, used to be labeled a warrior.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-01-29 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Has anyone brought up Shandris yet? You'd think someone who's thousands of years old would be pretty damn good by now. Oh, well it looks like they turned her into a priestess of the moon as far as lore is concerned, used to be labeled a warrior.
    Really now? I always thought of Shandris as a hunter.

Has anyone brought up Shandris yet? You'd think someone who's thousands of years old would be pretty damn good by now. Oh, well it looks like they turned her into a priest as far as lore is concerned, used to be labeled a warrior.
    Pretty damn old you mean

More on topic, Varian is pretty much a bad pick for "the greatest warrior of Azeroth". Outside of the manga he doesn't really do much fighting, in novels he gets pretty much owned by Garrosh every time he gets close to him, in game he fights once, I guess - against a level 12 panda.

If I would pick "the best warrior" by getting them all and doing a 1v1 tournament, I guess Garrosh would win, with Brox/Saurfang being pretty close.

Garrosh, with his characteristics, pretty much spends his free time mortal striking a target dummy - usually alive one - so he is probably very experianced. Moreover, he wields weapon of his father, mighty Gorehowl, and had shown proficiency with it from the very beggining. +, from 2 of his duels I know (agains Carine and Varian) it seems he is the superior fighter. I could add the in game event of him battling Thrall to the list, but I guess Thralls health meter being slightly lower than Garroshes doesn't really prove anything. The sole fact Garrosh could be a fine match for Thrall is quite impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Really now? I always thought of Shandris as a hunter.
    She does seem to use a bow a lot, though elven warriors often use bows. She fits the sentinel criteria more than a hunter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Broxigar is great and all, but he owes the ability to wound Sargeras to the axe.

You could have the greatest Samurai of all time and he wouldn't be able to break through an M1 Abrams tank without the necessary weapon.
    You could give such weapon to the rookie and he would be killed by the first demon. I's still about skill, I don't remember Gorehowl being some imba artifact, yet Grom Hellscream one-shot a pit lord with it. He also butchered the creator of Broxigar's axe with it. Orc heroes are capable warriors, because orcs are the warrior race of WoW.

Also, Wrynn has, like, some uber-sword Shalamayne, Lothar's Belt, and Goldrinn giving him superpower. Strip him of it, and look at how he stands.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-01-29 at 09:44 PM.

She does seem to use a bow a lot, though elven warriors often use bows. She fits the sentinel criteria more than a hunter.
    A sentinel is pretty much a hunter that also uses a glaive and more often than not doesn't have a pet like a normal hunter, but even then a lot have either a nightsaber or an owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Pretty damn old you mean

More on topic, Varian is pretty much a bad pick for "the greatest warrior of Azeroth". Outside of the manga he doesn't really do much fighting, in novels he gets pretty much owned by Garrosh every time he gets close to him, in game he fights once, I guess - against a level 12 panda.

If I would pick "the best warrior" by getting them all and doing a 1v1 tournament, I guess Garrosh would win, with Brox/Saurfang being pretty close.

Garrosh, with his characteristics, pretty much spends his free time mortal striking a target dummy - usually alive one - so he is probably very experianced. Moreover, he wields weapon of his father, mighty Gorehowl, and had shown proficiency with it from the very beggining. +, from 2 of his duels I know (agains Carine and Varian) it seems he is the superior fighter. I could add the in game event of him battling Thrall to the list, but I guess Thralls health meter being slightly lower than Garroshes doesn't really prove anything. The sole fact Garrosh could be a fine match for Thrall is quite impressive.
    wut....? It was Garrosh who got owned by Varian...

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty damn old you mean

Varian fights Garrosh to a standstill multiple times, and forces a retreat in Ashenvale in (gag) Wolfheart. They're very purposely designed to be roughly on-par with each other while following different disciplines: Varian is the 'smarter not harder' combatant (as of MoP) and Garrosh is a berserker who prefers a burst of high energy to blitz his enemies (much like his combat tactics) to long-term, paced combat.

Also, the bit where the Tushui Player Character decks Varian is supposed to represent how utterly unfamiliar Azerothians are with the fighting styles the pandaren espouse. It was the equivalent of, say, a Roman gladiator going up against a shaolin monk who's trained from childhood in an almost-alien combat style (even the draenei use fairly familiar motions). It's not really a comparison of raw power, moreso as he didn't see it coming--and he congratulates you for it after you deck him.

Depends. Varian, Garrosh, and Thrall all have a lot of one-on-one experience, and if Baine's trends have anything to say about it, I doubt he'd be a slouch in a one-on-one either.

Which duel against Varian did Garrosh walk away with the upper hand in? Their duel in the Violet Citadel was a standstill and interrupted by Rhonin, and their duel in a battle in Ashenvale at (gag) Wolfheart's climax saw Varian gain the upper hand before the Kor'kron pulled Garrosh back and convinced him to sound a general retreat, as the worgen and night elves were starting to tear the Horde a new one.

Thrall and Garrosh's duel is something of a matter of contention because there are two tellings, and Blizzard seems wishy-washy on which version is the current canon. Ingame, Thrall and Garrosh fought to a standstill with Thrall using spells, but later, in the comics, the fight was retconned to an even match with Thrall sticking to the Doomhammer, and ending the fight in one spell once the Scourge actually began laying siege to Orgrimmar.

I'm not trying, at all, to say Garrosh is a bad fighter. He's an ass of the highest degree and deluded as all the stars, but he can certainly throw down with the best of them. That being said, he's very reliant on an initial blitz finishing the fight, and has a tendency to tire himself out quickly. Cairne had even noticed this and was playing the mak'gora defensively to let Garrosh tire himself out before dealing a killing blow; it's something even Garrosh is bugged/haunted by because he'll never know if he was actually good enough to take Cairne out honestly thanks to Magatha's poisons and his own ignorance of the mak'gora's customs.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

i cant believe that people haven't mentioned Muradin as a guy who could stand toe to toe with Varian. he has all the years of experience and skill not to mention the ability to go stone giant. granted Varian could probably out maneuver him but then again he hasn't gone up against guys shorter then him.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post

Which duel against Varian did Garrosh walk away with the upper hand in? Their duel in the Violet Citadel was a standstill and interrupted by Rhonin, and their duel in a battle in Ashenvale at (gag) Wolfheart's climax saw Varian gain the upper hand before the Kor'kron pulled Garrosh back and convinced him to sound a general retreat, as the worgen and night elves were starting to tear the Horde a new one.

Thrall and Garrosh's duel is something of a matter of contention because there are two tellings, and Blizzard seems wishy-washy on which version is the current canon. Ingame, Thrall and Garrosh fought to a standstill with Thrall using spells, but later, in the comics, the fight was retconned to an even match with Thrall sticking to the Doomhammer, and ending the fight in one spell once the Scourge actually began laying siege to Orgrimmar.

I'm not trying, at all, to say Garrosh is a bad fighter. He's an ass of the highest degree and deluded as all the stars, but he can certainly throw down with the best of them. That being said, he's very reliant on an initial blitz finishing the fight, and has a tendency to tire himself out quickly. Cairne had even noticed this and was playing the mak'gora defensively to let Garrosh tire himself out before dealing a killing blow; it's something even Garrosh is bugged/haunted by because he'll never know if he was actually good enough to take Cairne out honestly thanks to Magatha's poisons and his own ignorance of the mak'gora's customs.
    Well, I guess my bad. I was pretty sure that in the climax fight of "Tides of War" (God what a bad novel) Garrosh had an upper hand in the duel, but it seems they were even once again. Well, let's just hope it will be resolved during MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You could give such weapon to the rookie and he would be killed by the first demon. I's still about skill, I don't remember Gorehowl being some imba artifact, yet Grom Hellscream one-shot a pit lord with it. He also butchered the creator of Broxigar's axe with it. Orc heroes are capable warriors, because orcs are the warrior race of WoW.
    weapons are tools and are only as useful as the one who wields it. a weapon could give Plus 5000 in all stats but unless the guy knows what he is doing he'll get scrapped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess my bad. I was pretty sure that in the climax fight of "Tides of War" (God what a bad novel) Garrosh had an upper hand in the duel, but it seems they were even once again. Well, let's just hope it will be resolved during MoP.
    My money's on Gelbin dealing the finishing blow, and ushering in a new age of tyranny under the Age of Gnomes.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoying the harem in Den of Mortal Delights

I'd like to see Garrosh, Varian, Thrall or any of 'em try to fight The Monkey King, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by JDarkslayerx View Post
    Orgrim Doomhamer says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by JDarkslayerx View Post
    Lothar is the greatest warrior of all time. He is the most selfless and honorable man Azeroth has ever known. Not a single orc comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Lothar is the greatest warrior of all time. He is the most selfless and honorable man Azeroth has ever known. Not a single orc comes close.
    We are talking about battle proves, not naivety.