Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Goblins are a straight copy of the Ferengi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    Thrall didn't kill him cause thrall is a better orc then that. He doesn't kill needlessly. He doesn't sink to his enemy's level.
    He's not sinking to their level. He's killing a slaver, selfish leader and somebody who wanted to take his life. Not killing him isn't being nice or merciful, it's just being dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously Gallywix is the chosen one that will lead the Horde and Alliance against the Burning Legion and Thrall knows this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Gallywix won Thrall over with his charm.
    And maybe not only his charm..

I found it strange as well the first time I did the starting area. I did it again a few days ago. A few things I noticed in the goblin starting area this time around that is still fresh in my mind.

1) It is said early on that your character is after the Trade Prince's job. People love you, you have money and power it seems like. However, you do currently work for the Trade Prince still.

2) He takes you all as slaves on the boat.

2a) Alliance taking Thrall by force, shooting at the in theory "neutral" goblin ship to not have witnesses? -gasp- lol

3) Your first quest is to save people trapped in escape pods. One of them is Gallywix.

4) After you meet Thrall and there is a line up to use the rocket. Gallywix yells something like "screw you all I have a plan to get off this Island and settle in Azshara."
    Azshara is viewed IMO as "Horde land". I don't think randomly settling there would go over well. (It isn't official Horde land but ORG is a stone throw away. IMO Thrall wouldn't want someone like Gallywix that close.

5) He forces people to work in mines, etc near the end of the start zone.

6) He tries to kill Thrall, then you and Thrall. When beaten Thrall is all "Hey man, it is cool. Go join the Horde. You do everything we don't do, but the Alliance thinsk we do but it is cool."

I personally think this is the reason why. In a SINGLE player game. YOU, the next line would have taken the position as Trade Prince. As much as goblins love money, your character is a well like, rich, resourceful, hero. BUT, you aren't the only "you" who is well liked hero to the goblin starting area. It is a MMO and thousands of goblins did the same things you did in that starting area. We can't all be the Trade Prince afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    She's fanmade so tragically I think that automatically excluded her from the very purpose for which she was made.
    While she is "fanmade" that isn't a for sure exclusion. She is in game as an important character. Additionally, when Blizzard published the series of Leader stories, the Lor'themar story presented was a fan made story from a writing content a few years earlier.

They might as well let the fans have input on some of the story since they haven't been doing a bang up job with a lot of the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    he will probably die in the siege of orgrimmar raid anyway
    I'm not so sure anymore. His secret orders in 5.1 say that all goblins are to follow his orders over any other Horde official, and that Garrosh is likely to bankrupt himself in this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Goblins are a straight copy of the Ferengi.
    Even if that were the case, I wouldn't want to think about the goblin women sex trade market. ::shudder::

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Even if that were the case, I wouldn't want to think about the goblin women sex trade market. ::shudder::
    Goblin women sex market?

You have my attention.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    Thrall didn't kill him cause thrall is a better orc then that. He doesn't kill needlessly. He doesn't sink to his enemy's level.
    For crying out loud the man tried to kill him and had enslaved his people leaving most to die in a sinking ship I'm not sure how much more qualified you GET for a skullbashing.

Also, Thrall used to mete out murder and death all the time in WC3! AND in the Cycle of Hatred novel, why the bloody heck is everyone convinced he's all peace and love all the time? Or that this would even BE one of those times?!

How is THIS a needless kill?

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You have it set in your head that Goblins can at one point show even the slightest amount of nobility, honor and workmanship.

I think the charm of Goblins is the fact that no matter how hard you wanna roleplay a Goblin, they just can't handle being noble whatsoever. Your player character would probably sell his best friend for a couple gold pieces, and he only killed Deathwing because the world ending is bad for business. Zero nobility, no respect. Sassy Hardwrench only likes your character because you are her boss, she wants a promotion.

Goblins would rather die than be poor, and thats what makes them so fun to play as. They are the 7 deadly sins incarnate.

Gallywix is rich, he's LOADED rich. Thrall probably knows Goblins much more than us players do, and simply killing Gallywix would only cause Goblin political drama. Gallywix even sarcastically says "oh okay, you win, For the Horde or whatever" he literally says that if I'm not mistaken.

Killing Gallywix would make it look like Goblins were vengeful, or reclaiming their honor or something. As long as they get their money back (which I think they do?) they don't care. They seriously don't care.

Alright humbugged you're seriously full of shit.

Oh thank heavens that you survived, <name>! I thought for sure that you'd drowned when I saw you go over the side!
    <Sassy's eyes fill up with tears as she hugs you.>
    Look at all of these folks you saved!
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Goblin_Escape_Pods

Gus Rustflutter says: Chelsea, baby, sit up! I've got it! This is gonna cure you!
    Chelsea Rustflutter says: Urgh. Gus, I ain't drinking that, I can smell it from here. Just lemme sleep the food poisoning off, okay?
    Gus Rustflutter says: ...food poisoning? Wait, you mean those basilisk steaks? That's all it is?
    Chelsea Rustflutter says: Blech! Don't even say it. Of course it was, those were so undercooked...what'd you think poisoned me?
    Gus Rustflutter says: Nothing, honey. I'm just glad you're okay...
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Chelsea_Rustflutter

And those are just two off the top of my head :\

Also, it wasn't even up to the goblins, they'd asked Thrall to help them fight Gallywix but HE's the one who put the trade prince back in charge.
    Twas brillig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Yeah I can't see Gallywix staying as the goblin leader forever. He does not care about his people even. He was prepared to sell and sacrifice them as slaves. He only joined the Horde so that he would be rescued from the lost isle and be safe. He's in for the cash, to exploit, and chances to try out new experiments and gadgets. I hope he ends up as a boss in Orgrimmar.
    Pretty sure every goblin worth his boots would do that, the only one who didn't was Sassy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Pretty sure every goblin worth his boots would do that, the only one who didn't was Sassy.
    Again, not the point.

YES what Gallywix did was pretty in character for a goblin...

But that doesn't change that his cartel now wants him out of power and that Thrall ought to have splashed his skull over the beach :\
    Twas brillig

I really don't think Gallywix will be a boss in Siege of Orgrimmar, and if he is he'd be possessed by a Sha or something and have no control over himself. Sure he's a money-grubbing bastard who would sell his own grandmother to a zoo for meat if it meant he'd get a profit, but there's no profit in doing business with the losing side - especially if it's too sha-crazed to know that money is a thing anymore. His standing orders to the goblins indicate he trusts Garrosh about as far as he can throw him in any case.