Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I created a thread asking for some help getting into using mods for TL2 but it was quickly closed and I was redirected here.

Any of you avid TL2 fans interested in helping me get into using mods? I see there are quite a few steam achievements tied to using mods, and I've heard mods can be fun, but really don't even know the first thing about what they do.

Are they like addons for WoW? That's largely all I've played for the past few years so my game knowledge is weak at the moment. Trying to get back into gaming via Steam and TL2 is one of the 10 or say games I got around christmas that I'm really loving and still sticking with.

Sorry for the extra info, just hoping I convey the kind of basic knowledge I lack here before looking silly in the megathread. Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

There are a few mods out, but I'm not sure if those count as 'mods' yet, since the actual modding tools have yet to be released by Runic. Mods will allow you to play new classes, new/modified abilities for current classes, add new enemies, maps, quests, items, etc. Some may even alter the gameplay, similar to how Aeon of Strife was a mod for Starcraft, which was transformed into Defense of the Ancients (DOTA) for Warcraft III.

At the moment, Runic has not yet released their modding tools, but the mod community have been busy making their own tools and mods. The reason why I say that the current mods may not count is because they were not created with the official modding tools and thus may be missing a flag to tell the game that it is indeed a mod. I could be completely wrong on that though, as I haven't been paying as much attention to the modding community for the past few months due to other projects.

10+ Year Old Account
    UI Mod: Dark UI
    Graphics: RemasteredLights + TLRemastered 1.1 (looks amazing)
    Gameplay: SynergiesMod, it's quite huge and gear system is somewhat revamped, and it's very challenging

I'm considering buying this game, but I have a question:

I read you can play it offline as well. What if I then want to play with a friend, online.

Will I be able to play the offline character with my friend online? Or are those two different-restricted instances of the game?
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    I'm considering buying this game, but I have a question:

I read you can play it offline as well. What if I then want to play with a friend, online.

Will I be able to play the offline character with my friend online? Or are those two different-restricted instances of the game?
    Yes, you can play the offline character online.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Yes, you can play the offline character online.
    Ok, that's awesome.

Last thing, how heavy is the game, in gb?
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Ok, that's awesome.

Last thing, how heavy is the game, in gb?
    1678 MB, so that's around 1.7GB I believe.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    So some guy added a bunch of stuff and a necromancer class (yeeess).
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...onsters-raids/

Now that's a huge mod.
    ...holy crap. Has anyone on here used it? I'm curious to give it a go.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalliah View Post
    So some guy added a bunch of stuff and a necromancer class (yeeess).
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...onsters-raids/

Now that's a huge mod.
    Hell ya a Necro class!

10+ Year Old Account

Torchlight 2

So, I'm thinking about buying Torchlight 2. I played through the demo, and I loved it. I'm wondering though if it maintains its quality throughout.

I burned out of D3 fairly quickly, so I don't want a repeat of that scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So, I'm thinking about buying Torchlight 2. I played through the demo, and I loved it. I'm wondering though if it maintains its quality throughout.

I burned out of D3 fairly quickly, so I don't want a repeat of that scenario.

Thanks in advance.
    While I will admit that act 1 is my personal favourite, the game continues the same level of polish and fun throughout IMO.

Seriously, this game just oozes polish, and from what I've played of both games, it has way more content than diablo. I think you will be very happy with it after a full play through, I've played through completely about 8 times now.

Now that's a necromancer, an army of undead minions. I have a feeling it's going to be reduced though.

24 classes?

Jesus....

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I just started playing T2 again and i was wondering if anyone was still playing, or did they move on to path of exile and the like . The amount of games active is like at 10% of what it was after launch.

Mostly though i just wanted to bump the thread and see whats new these days in torchlight II. I saw that synergies mod, is that everyone plays these days?
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    I just started playing T2 again and i was wondering if anyone was still playing, or did they move on to path of exile and the like . The amount of games active is like at 10% of what it was after launch.

Mostly though i just wanted to bump the thread and see whats new these days in torchlight II. I saw that synergies mod, is that everyone plays these days?
    I think the lack of having the editing tools out after so long has really killed this game. I was hoping for it long, long ago and don't really play anymore because of it. It sucks being the person who said TL2 was going to be so much better because of endless possibilities with the editing tools and have yet to see that realized.

By the time it is out, I think it will have lost its moment. I guess they made enough from sales that it doesn't really matter to them if anyone is still playing. *shrug*
    BAD WOLF

I still got like 6 pagers of MP games in TL2. 304 games.

Seems pretty decent. Don't think it was/is reasonable to expect TL2 to have the same level of internet play as on launch though. TL2 is a more causal ARPG, the MP is sorta not incentivize and the game offers the same single player experience offline.

Perfectly fine for a $20 ARPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I still got like 6 pagers of MP games in TL2. 304 games.

Seems pretty decent. Don't think it was/is reasonable to expect TL2 to have the same level of internet play as on launch though. TL2 is a more causal ARPG, the MP is sorta not incentivize and the game offers the same single player experience offline.

Perfectly fine for a $20 ARPG.
    No doubt its a fine game, and i am more of a casual arpg player. The game appeals to me because there isnt much to worry about stat wise and i pretty much find a cookie cutter build and modify to my liking. Not to mention i dont need to rely on others to pick up decent gear.

So the modding program still hasnt released yet? i was expecting it to have released already, they will miss the train for sure if they dont get this modding stuff up and running. The games big sell point was supposed to be about modding to enhance your own playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    So the modding program still hasnt released yet? i was expecting it to have released already, they will miss the train for sure if they dont get this modding stuff up and running. The games big sell point was supposed to be about modding to enhance your own playstyle.
    Not yet, though it seems they are getting closer as they have been doing some testing with some of the hand-crafted mods out there, like Synergies, but I don't think they have an official date for it.

TL2 will be just like the first game; it will run for years and years with mods, conversions and a loyal following. Runic will discount the game. Where every steam sale or indie bundle will surge another thousand or so players to the game for a few weeks.

Doubtful Runic are "missing out" on any thing by delaying mod tools till ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Not yet, though it seems they are getting closer as they have been doing some testing with some of the hand-crafted mods out there, like Synergies, but I don't think they have an official date for it.
    Well i look forward to it, seems like playing vanilla died out so i have to embrace the modding community. Its not like im going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    still no guts/torched 2 -.- i remember them saying they would release it a week or month after official launch

i like achievements but the use 10 mods at once achie cant be achieved till they release it