Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Great, more pvp Spriest nerfs!

On front page of MMO: Glyph of Mind Spike When you deal damage with Mind Spike Your successful non-instant Mind Spikes, reduce, the cast time of your next Mind Blast is reduced by 50% lasting 6 sec. within 9 sec by 50%.
    i dont know how to post actual links so i just copied and pasted, on front page.

This is pretty big really.. It means to ever use this would mean you would HAVE to cancel out your dots.

The insanity change: Solace and Insanity Shadow: When cast on a target that has three of your Shadow damage-over-time spells applied, your Mind Flay gains the insanity effect. Shadow: Your Devouring Plague increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per orb consumed. Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 45 Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%.

This looks promising, definitely better than it was on ptr with the 3 dot rubbish
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Also a nerf for PvE. Every freaking class can cast while moving, but our mobility gets nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    On front page of MMO: Glyph of Mind Spike When you deal damage with Mind Spike Your successful non-instant Mind Spikes, reduce, the cast time of your next Mind Blast is reduced by 50% lasting 6 sec. within 9 sec by 50%.
    i dont know how to post actual links so i just copied and pasted, on front page.

This is pretty big really.. It means to ever use this would mean you would HAVE to cancel out your dots.
    I was expecting much worse.. there are lots of other glyph choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    The insanity change: Solace and Insanity Shadow: When cast on a target that has three of your Shadow damage-over-time spells applied, your Mind Flay gains the insanity effect. Shadow: Your Devouring Plague increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per orb consumed. Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 45 Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%.

This looks promising, definitely better than it was on ptr with the 3 dot rubbish
    How is this better? Now you can't 1 orb devouring plague and spam insanity flays. This talent went from very strong in pvp to worst of the tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole point for that talent was to use the procs to cut down the cast time of mind blast in regular rotation so you could get mind blast on cooldown faster and thereby generate more orbs. There is now no reason whatsoever to use fdcl as shadow. They accomplished their task of making insanity more attractive by gutting it's competing talents.

It's only a slight nerf for PvE though... MB's cast time isn't prohibitively slow. However, the larger question is 'Why?'. Unless glyphed spike leading to insta-MBs was such an imbalance, it seems really weird to see a group climb the barricades for slightly better PvE performance (at least better scaling with gear) get answered with a little nerf. I'm puzzled.

P.S. Yay 1st post.

Quote Originally Posted by annarion View Post
    The whole point for that talent was to use the procs to cut down the cast time of mind blast in regular rotation so you could get mind blast on cooldown faster and thereby generate more orbs. There is now no reason whatsoever to use fdcl as shadow. They accomplished their task of making insanity more attractive by gutting it's competing talents.
    That's exactly what they did. Insanity was an awful spell to begin with and they tried to make it attractive with the 4pc. (which imo happens to be in the top 3 of all time worst 4pc. in the history of the game.)

The Mind Spike nerf is a huge one for PvE where shadow already needs help in mobility fights. Also I'm curious as to what they are going to do with the current shadow 4pc. Since insanity is gone are they going to make it 5% per orb consumed extra on mind flay. In which case it doesn't help shadow at all. They need to just given in and allow mind flay to be cast on the move or give shadow a CD where they can cast and move for 10sec on a 1:30CD or something.

Quote Originally Posted by annarion View Post
    Insanity is still a terrible talent though if you can't sit there and channel the entire time. Our movement dps is reduced to spamming SW: P.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    That's exactly what they did. Insanity was an awful spell to begin with and they tried to make it attractive with the 4pc.
    They didn't try to make it attractive with the 4 pc. The DoT duration increase was a straight out nerf to SW:I, the damage increase was to offset this. But even at 15% it was a very minor nerf.

The Mind Spike nerf is a huge one for PvE where shadow already needs help in mobility fights
    Exactly. It hurts for PvE on movement fights.

Also I'm curious as to what they are going to do with the current shadow 4pc. Since insanity is gone are they going to make it 5% per orb consumed extra on mind flay
    Looking on wowhead - they removed the SW:I part. Which was the only reasonable move - as that part was broken once they removed SW:I and replaced it with MFI.

The glyph change doesn't change that though. FDCL still functions the same and gives you instacast DPS when it proc's. I don't think it's a dealbreaker/set-myself-on-fire moment, but I think the overall general tone of SP discussion and this news come a bit at odds to one another.

It's really minor, an annoyance but I can't help but feel like it's a slight bitch move.

This is a PVP discussion, but you're just gushing with misinformation on the PVE side, so excuse the OT-ness of this post:

That's exactly what they did. Insanity was an awful spell to begin with and they tried to make it attractive with the 4pc. (which imo happens to be in the top 3 of all time worst 4pc. in the history of the game.)
    You have no idea what you're talking about in regards to the old SWI. The +15% extra damage to SWI on T14 4P existed because the duration of SWP on a target was increased by the T14 4P, meaning you could cast SWI less often than you would without the T14 4P. They added it to keep SWI from becoming even worse than it already was, not to make it an 'attractive' choice.

The Mind Spike nerf is a huge one for PvE where shadow already needs help in mobility fights. Also I'm curious as to what they are going to do with the current shadow 4pc. Since insanity is gone are they going to make it 5% per orb consumed extra on mind flay. In which case it doesn't help shadow at all. They need to just given in and allow mind flay to be cast on the move or give shadow a CD where they can cast and move for 10sec on a 1:30CD or something.
    They removed the +15% bonus from T14 4P in this build since it isn't needed anymore (for reasons listed above that are no longer pertinent with the SWI->MFI changes).
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I was expecting much worse.. there are lots of other glyph choices.

How is this better? Now you can't 1 orb devouring plague and spam insanity flays. This talent went from very strong in pvp to worst of the tier.
    Uh I dont think using 1 orb DPs just for insanity would have been a good choice... on ptr 3 orb dp with its new dot dmg along with a flay for insanity hit pretty damn hard. Even then it was never a choice that was "very strong in pvp", with it just being way to easy to cancel out and deny you of even getting it off when you can take fdcl or even mindbender

im not saying this is going to become the coice over FDCL, im simply stating that this change is WAY better than how insanity WAS. You would have had to have 3 dots on the target, which all our dots are magic, with DP being a disease, meaning we could hardly ever get insanity off anyway. A dot would be dispelled instantly dp was put on or we are ccd out of a 6 second window?

As for as the "other glyph choices", glyph of mind spike was a MANDATORY glyph lol, there maybe other choices, but that doesnt make taking it away right lmfao.
    the new mind spike glyph, along with insanity, is in many rights looking obsolete, which is starting to look like the new trend for spriests
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2013-01-30 at 07:39 PM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

glad i cancelled my sub a couple weeks ago because stuff like this makes me know i made the right choice for myself

Deleted
    k im rerolling warlock now. im sick of this constant ignoring and when we're not ignored, its nerfs we don't need.

pve pov too, its not only pvp keep this in mind, its just an awful nerf to pve as it is to pvp guys
    Last edited by mmoce104a8ce31; 2013-01-30 at 09:30 PM.

Terrible change. Haven't been able to login in over a week and a half due to unresolved error 114 messages but I'm thinking it's a sign.

Deleted
    we deal almost no damage while moving. and now they're taking away that instant mind blast once a minute too? I'm losing hope...
    Also that Insanity looks crap

Priest
    - Phantasm - no longer makes you untargetable. Movement protection increased to 5 sec (from 3 sec).
    - Dispersion - now belongs to the Shadow school, meaning it can get locked out.
    - We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    Priest
    - Phantasm - no longer makes you untargetable. Movement protection increased to 5 sec (from 3 sec).
    - Dispersion - now belongs to the Shadow school, meaning it can get locked out.
    - We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow)
    What the hell is this? Please tell me you made this up? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Holding a candle-light vigil, anyone want to join? RIP Shadow

Deleted
    They need to buff something for spriest in pvp or im done with this crap. That shit is just pathetic...