View Poll Results: Sign here if you think the Off-Topic section needs to be expanded.

Voters
85. This poll is closed
  • Signed

58 68.24%
  • No its fine the way it is

27 31.76%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Post Suggestion: Add a politics and relationship section

The general off topic section of the forums its just flooded with political threads and a couple of relationship threads and I think it would be best that if there was a sub forum for those two topic and many more. Just my suggestions thanks!

Suggestions so far:

Current Events or World News
    Politics
    Gun Control
    Relationships
    Debates
    Science
    Last edited by Ave07; 2013-02-25 at 08:16 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh and current event section would be a good option as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, lump gun control in there with it.

Ive always felt that is impossible to manage.

I enjoy discussing the economy. But its impossible to have a quality economic discussion without discussing politics as well, because elected officials have a very real impact on economics. of course there are other people who think politics is a separate issue.

Theres a ton of gray area and confusion for economics threads once you move politics to a separate forum.

Deleted
    Agreed, I am tired of all the teen angst love problem threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    theres enough gun control topics to make its own forum. but i almost think those topics shouldnt be allowed period, always a dumb discussion

We need a world news section...

Deleted
    The only thing i agree with is the relationship sub forum, i certainly think it's necessary.

Yeah yeah. E'll add those in rig after the science subforum shows up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    theres enough gun control topics to make its own forum. but i almost think those topics shouldnt be allowed period, always a dumb discussion
    yeah, i think one thread at a time is ok, but theres 3 or 4 going on right now, all basically having the same discussion. its just not necassary.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that, the way I see it, is that we could probably find 10-20 subsections that general-OT could fall under, and if we start splitting everything up there won't be very much at all left in Gen-OT. That and while things like gun control threads can go very long (with one over 400 pages now), in terms of the number of threads made about that, and politics, and relationships, you really don't get that many new threads a day that would justify it having a forum to itself. Thus why gen-OT is a conglomeration of random topics.

Deleted
    Dont forget gun control.

Politics... not necessarily. But relationship advice? Absolutely. Maybe call it the "Ask for advice board"

But, in addition to that (or even more important) add a GUN CONTROL sub forum.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would like to mod the relationship forum
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Signed. I wouldn't visit the section, but I'd atleast be glad that stuff like these will be removed from the general off topic section

It would be nice to nod see as much of that in General off-topic I agree, however I think that's what makes general off-topic unique. I feel if we started to just separate everything into its own subform General off-topic would have no community.

Deleted
    I see no reason why there shouldn't be - it seems logical!

+1

Deleted
    Yes, There are so many relationship problem threads these days! Its more populair than some of the game sub forums.
    We need it!

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    The last thing we need is a left-wing "gun control" forum, if anything it should be the "Gun Rights" forum. Though "Debates" and "Gun Control" could be lumped into the "Politics" forum.