Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You mean, the boss 90%+ dead? Unlikely.
    No, 90% of the group. A full group wipe rarely happens because there's always some who feigns/vanishes/invis.

God forbid your raid wipes at all WHILE RAIDING.

o_O

Why even give the bosses mechanics? Just have them stand there in the middle of the room. It's not like anyone in LFR actually knows what's going on as far as mechanics, and the 'experience' is just them spamming buttons anyhow. What is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post

o_O

Why even give the bosses mechanics? Just have them stand there in the middle of the room. It's not like anyone in LFR actually knows what's going on as far as mechanics, and the 'experience' is just them spamming buttons anyhow. What is the point?
    obviously not because you said so

When your group wipes for the fifteen time because of pure stupidity, you'll take any mercies you can get.

Amen to that. There are actually some people who look at LFR as the pinnacle of their raiding though, as stupid and sad as that is. These are the failnoobs who will refuse to pop their heroism/timewarp because they want to prolong the experience as long as humanly possible because like I said, it is raiding to them.

Not popping trinkets doesn't make any sense. If they wanted to "prolong the experience" I'm pretty sure they'd just queue again.

10+ Year Old Account
    They might as well just make it so that if your raid AFKs at the entrance long enough, the bosses in LFR come throw you a party and rain loot on you.

At this point with how trivial and uninteresting LFR is does it even matter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    At this point with how trivial and uninteresting LFR is does it even matter ?
    At this point, what I legitimately don't understand is why anyone would stay subscribed if LFR is their endgame. It is so mindless and boring, both when I went in for gear on my main lock that I raid Heroic on, and when I went in on my alt druid that I barely know how to play. It's just sitting in a queue and then running through a zone and hitting random buttons hoping a window pops up and says "Loot." I just don't get why someone would pay $15/month for that.

Deleted
    I think this is idiotic and I strongly dislike Blizzard's "you suck ? perfectly fine, don't improve yourself, we'll make it easier for you" mindset. But I understand their motive for this decision and I don't see why I should give a crap since it doesn't affect me in any way.

Dislike it or not, it's consistent with how the LFR is designed, i.e. a mode everyone should be able to complete easily.
    Last edited by mmoc85496fa4a4; 2013-10-02 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    At this point, what I legitimately don't understand is why anyone would stay subscribed if LFR is their endgame. It is so mindless and boring, both when I went in for gear on my main lock that I raid Heroic on, and when I went in on my alt druid that I barely know how to play. It's just sitting in a queue and then running through a zone and hitting random buttons hoping a window pops up and says "Loot." I just don't get why someone would pay $15/month for that.
    I'd rather pay $15/month for LFR than pay $15/month to run the same 5-man dungeons over and over again. Which was pretty much all I did in early Cata.

As someone who doesn't raid, LFR is the single biggest reason I'm still playing MoP when I took a break in early Cata after 3 months.

What exactly did you think that non-raiding folk did in game before LFR? They certainly weren't getting excited about running heroic Stonecore for the 12th time.

Not to be one of those people who defends poor design decisions but...

If all of you are so amazing at raiding, why do you even care what people do in LFR? As long as you are raiding normals/heroics you have no reason to even run it...

To paraphrase someones quote from a few years ago "I know that when I'm pushing server first on a Heroic boss kill I can't pay full attention because I know in the back of my head some noob is getting free epics from LFR..."

Good thing some bosses were actually getting hard with at least half of the raid "performing" below what you would expect from a coma patient.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    So who will be the world first DK solo LFR? /jk

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    What in the world possessed you to stay for that many wipes O.o
    What possessed me to stay for >10 wipes on Jindo last summer? More than once?

I guess it was the fact I'd already been there for 2 hours and had to clear a trash reset.

I dunno, you get started on something, it's nice to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They might as well just make it so that if your raid AFKs at the entrance long enough, the bosses in LFR come throw you a party and rain loot on you.
    At this point...yea.

I do LFR to see the content. That's literally the only reason. Getting more gear is great. It's not something I aspire towards though.

I do miss pug raids. With LFR they're all but forgotten.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Not to be one of those people who defends poor design decisions but...

If all of you are so amazing at raiding, why do you even care what people do in LFR? As long as you are raiding normals/heroics you have no reason to even run it...

To paraphrase someones quote from a few years ago "I know that when I'm pushing server first on a Heroic boss kill I can't pay full attention because I know in the back of my head some noob is getting free epics from LFR..."
    While that term "loot pinata" was coined way back in wotlk (maybe even tbc), I never thought it to be true for any boss until the introduction of LFR. They're going out of their way to make LFR pretty much a place where you afk for a certain period of time and collect loot. If you don't get to collect loot, you bitch about it on the internet and get loot rules changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Good God, some of you need to chill out. This is hardly going to make LFR anymore faceroll. Wanna know why? Because 9 times out of ten, if not more, you aren't going to being seeing any wipes at all. Hell i can't remember the last time I wiped in LFR.

People in LFR don't complain about the difficulty, they complain about being sucked in to a half dead group, half way through the raid, after 30+ minutes in queue. Blizzard has said they don't want to display bosses downed for obvious reasons. This is a way around that. An incentive to keep people from dropping and screwing over the next man in queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    While that term "loot pinata" was coined way back in wotlk (maybe even tbc), I never thought it to be true for any boss until the introduction of LFR. They're going out of their way to make LFR pretty much a place where you afk for a certain period of time and collect loot. If you don't get to collect loot, you bitch about it on the internet and get loot rules changed.
    I remember "lootreaver" being a thing in TK. I probly goes back to Vanilla or earlier in other MMOs.

From a blue http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0470?page=2#21

"There is a minimum attempt requirement before the system 'credits' you with a wipe. It should always be more time-efficient to not wipe at all, but if it isn't we can tweak the threshold"

Couldn't find anymore details on what constitutes their definition of "wipe" in order for the buff to be applied.

Pretty sure running in and having everyone die within 5 seconds of combat doesn't count.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    First thought that went through my mind too :c

I'm sure some LFR fights will be soloable with 10 stacks of this thing, lol. At the very least, Stone Guard and Garalon and possibly some other T14 ones.
    The logistics of rounding up 24 people who can stay connected while AFK will pose a challenge.