Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Solace and Insanity: Shadow: Your Devouring Plague increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per orb consumed.

Glyph of Mind Spike: Your successful non-instant Mind Spikes reduce the cast time of your next Mind Blast within 9 sec by 50%.

I'm assuming thats a buff to Insanity and nerf to From darkness comes light?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuyek View Post
    Solace and Insanity: Shadow: Your Devouring Plague increases the damage of Mind Flay by 33% per orb consumed.
    Boring as f***... but i want to see some math behind this

Glyph of Mind Spike: Your successful non-instant Mind Spikes reduce the cast time of your next Mind Blast within 9 sec by 50%.
    Nerfed for pvp? very little nerf in pve

btw binding heal change is preety nice

This is the way I think it should be, or some form of it that increases dmg per orb DP cast. Although, thats just adding more burst to a class with a lot of pvp potential.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

So pvp nerf to MS glyph that also affects pve.. I guess blizzard noticed that majority of shadow priests uses FDCL on most fights and by this change they are trying to make us to use Mindbender more. Or maybe our damage on the move was to high and FDCL deserves to be nerfed? Yeah right..
    On the other hand SW:I change was expected, blizz would never want us to use 1orb DP.. Anyway SW:I was garbage in 5.0/5.1 and will be in 5.2 no matter is it 1orb or 3orb rotation.

Deleted
    Glyph of Mind Spike When you deal damage with Mind Spike Your successful non-instant Mind Spikes, reduce, the cast time of your next Mind Blast is reduced by 50% lasting 6 sec. within 9 sec by 50%.
    Movability nerfed. PvP nerf, but also a nerf in movement-heavy fights, including single target. Makes the glyph useless for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Uhhh... Hello.... How does having an actual viable 3rd talent on the lvl 45 tier not solve anything? Do you even understand what you are saying? Who says it has to help with burst?
    GC claims FDCL and MBe are shadow's burst options.

I say, even if you consider those burst options, a third talent like SW:I even if it will be completely viable and the most awesome mechanic ever cannot be as powerful that it fixes shadow burst because 1) it won't be able to somehow be "imba" compared to the other 2 (at best it is situational good) 2) even with those current 2 options shadow has lacked burst in whole T14. Which leads to the conclusion apart from SW:I additional measures are required. I can only wish the glyph of mind spike nerf is part of something bigger.

When I played beta we had archangel still. Don't get why they took it from us.

Additional change (from WoWHead):

Item - Priest T14 Shadow 4P Bonus: Increases the duration of your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch spells by 3 sec.and increases the damage done by Shadow Word: Insanity by 15%.
    As expected.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Lolol, inquire about a burst cooldown and not only get told that we have two of them... But lets kill the mind spike glyph on top of that. Haha yeah ok GC, you're too funny.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    We can now kill our selves. Blizz did it, they nerfed us on single target dps, I honestly didn't believe this was possible, but apparently blizzard out did themselves in the retardness department. That's around 1-2k dps on 5min fight, if i remember correctly?(i mean the glyph)

Deleted

I assume this is just for your next MF channel correct.

probably not. it should be the MFs that you cast during you have DP on the target = a maximum of 3 MFs.

I think they made Insanity even worse. Now it's official that the Priest Department Sucks completely.

There was a way to fix that One Orb Devouring Plague Mind Flay Insanity Exploit by making Insanity hit for 50% extra MF damage for each Orb. Instead they changed nothing. Made the talent worse.

Why do I even bother. I still like the class so doesnt matter what they do. I will still play it. Either they don't have an idea what to do or they are doing this on purpose.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2013-01-30 at 09:15 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    Now it's official that the Priest Department Sucks completely.

There is only one thing we can do. All The Shadow Priests need to Unite. We need to show Ghostcrawler with Facts how wrong he is in his direction with the Shadow Priest Class.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Also, glyph of Binding Heal now baked into binding heal? Yum!
    GC said a lot of these were tooltip updates... my guess is that this is a tooltip update for when you are glyphed. I really doubt they made it baseline.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Binding heal glyph was baked into the skill so there is no more manacost increase. Great change tbh.

- We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow).

And I wonder if this means they will just straight up buff poh. A buff to poh would be really nice after the recent nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Binding heal glyph was baked into the skill so there is no more manacost increase. Great change tbh.

- We are expanding the Shadow healing nerf to most of the priest healing toolkit. This means Holy and Discipline will have a passive that increases all of their healing by 25% as do most other healing classes. Holy and Discipline should see no change as a result, but Shadow's heals will be weaker. Remember that this will be partially offset relative to 5.1 because Shadow does get some healing benefit from PvP Power. (This note replaces earlier notes about Flash Heal and Binding Heal being nerfed for Shadow).

And I wonder if this means they will just straight up buff poh. A buff to poh would be really nice after the recent nerfs.
    Again, GC said a lot of these were tooltip updates... my guess is that this is a tooltip update for when you are glyphed. I really doubt they made it baseline.

Also, how does nerfing heals for Shadow mean a straight increase to poh? You make no sense?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Yeah I really doubt they'll buff every healing spell by 25%... just all of shadows will get nerfed. Renew, pom get added to the list.

They really are pummeling pvp shadow priests... phantasm worthless (seriously? we are supposed to escape from melee with this?), renew, pom nerf on top of already in place healing nerfs, get shadow locked out of dispersion, no burst on dp, no 2x fdcl -> instant mb, so only instant mb's come from DI

Maybe they are setting this up for a blanket +15% dmg buff or something, because we are not anywhere near strong enough to deserve this much attention atm.

I just hope that they realize a lot of this can carry over into pve realm. There /are/ uses for phantasm in pve, and fcdl giving instant mind blasts is very useful on even moderate movement fights. And nerfing shadow pom/renew hurts our raid utility some as well. Oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    There is only one thing we can do. All The Shadow Priests need to Unite.
    /unsub with message "my class is broken." Perhaps that is a wake up call.

Phantasm - no longer makes you untargetable. Movement protection increased to 5 sec (from 3 sec).
    - Dispersion - now belongs to the Shadow school, meaning it can get locked out.
    Um really? Phantasm change might be granted if angelic feather wasn't crap to begin with and if they didn't nerf body and soul.

Dispersion change is just stupid.

Insanity needed to be fixed; it was retarded that one talent was 10k ahead of the others on single target. Problem is that even with how op Insanity was, it was barely enough to bring us in line for single target. We still need a single target buff, but the ptr isn't close to being over so just hold out and hope for the best.