Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Your biggest "WTF happened to me" moment in RBGs

Ok, so I was doing some RBGs again yesterday on my decently geared resto shaman (altho 483 geared, "only" 8300 resi, since I have quite a few int and spirit gems and not pure resi). We were at around ~1950 MMR and faced another team with also around ~1950 in Gilneas.

First zerg at waterworks between the teams:

Running in behind my team, doing some healing, dispelling and hexing some, all of a sudden I get focused and I drop immediately from around 60% to 0%. I was like "WTF?!", cause I didnt even use my big cooldowns and first dmg income was rather slow.
    Checked my combat log and saw that I got hit by a 210k starsurge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Us Boomkins with T2 can pretty much take down anything with a lucky starsurge proc/crit with cds up

An hour ago in RBG, WSG: we were nuking prot warrior EFC, he used all his thingies and got 820k hp (!). Still on almost full hp of this amount he somehow lost the flag suddenly, i mean it looked like he dropped it. Accidentally? Used anything that caused this drop?, we had no idea what had happened. Any thoughts?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barolo View Post
    An hour ago in RBG, WSG: we were nuking prot warrior EFC, he used all his thingies and got 820k hp (!). Still on almost full hp of this amount he somehow lost the flag suddenly, i mean it looked like he dropped it. Accidentally? Used anything that caused this drop?, we had no idea what had happened. Any thoughts?
    Prolly got BoP'd.

Quote Originally Posted by barolo View Post
    Used anything that caused this drop?, we had no idea what had happened. Any thoughts?
    With MoP they made a lot of engineering buffs like rocket boots cause flags to drop. Ive seen so many tanks rocket away from flags in random bgs.

I don't even have t2, and the other day I queued specifically for wsg. The match I joined was pretty bad. Ally (my faction on this druid) was down 0-2, and our team had scored 0 kills so far. I figured that I might just mess around.

I stealthed around to the back and started dotting people up. Their highest performer, a dk with full mal who was around 23-0, begins to chase me. I vortex+beamed him and popped all my cds. I start casting starsurge and get a proc during the cast. Both of them him for over 200k each.

I'm not even full mal, but if we get lucky, someone is gonna have a bad time.

WW monks hitting me with rising sun kick for 70k with no cds popped. Let me reiterate. Hitting. In equal gear (full malevolent) on the PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Us Boomkins with T2 can pretty much take down anything with a lucky starsurge proc/crit with cds up
    Isnt that the same for every class?

Hey, I'm really bad at math, I should apply for a job at Blizz too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    WW monks hitting me with rising sun kick for 70k with no cds popped. Let me reiterate. Hitting. In equal gear (full malevolent) on the PTR.
    Currently RSK is one of the highest hitting abilities in the game. Not even joking. I've been doing 100k RSKs on clothies on my monk with full dreadful and 2/2 upgraded T1

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Isnt that the same for every class?
    I'm not even in full dreadful and I've blown people up with 150k starsurges. Everytime I got all of my CDs up and vortex/beam up. I multi-dot everything in sight, vortex/beam a healer and blow him up.

My biggest WTF moment(s) were the moments where I hit extremely high with starsurges on decent geared players. The other WTF moment is the one where I got globalled by a DK with barkskin up. 3x 70k obliterates, 50k frost strike gg. Have also gotten hit by 100-120k obliterates with barkskin up with 64% pvp resil.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-01-31 at 11:07 AM.

Ive had two of these, the first being a 208k Starsurge. I don't know much about Moonkin Druids, so I was surprised by that.

The second was a Chaos Bolt that went straight through a freshly casted Ice Barrier and my remaining 140K health at the time, to kill me outright with 6k overkill damage (to add insult to injury!).

Granted, my gear wasn't the best at the time, but those hurt!

All that said, as a Fire Mage, my own "combo of doom" is pretty impressive, even in my weak gear.

I start with Living Bomb/Inferno Blast to get a heating up proc, then cast Frostjaw. Sometimes I have to cover the Frost jaw cast with Dragon's Breath to prevent a Spell lock of some kind.

Then the pain comes....I cast Frostfire Bolt to the frozen target (Crit), activating Deep Freeze while the bolt is still in the air. I do another Frostfire Bolt simultaneously with the free pyro from my previous two crits. Both of these crit, giving me anther pyro, which also crits at the end of the deep. I now inferno Blast for anther pyro which may or may not crit. I can force a crit with it, if I Frost Nova 1st.

Then Combust.

2 x Frostfire Bolt Crit
    2 x Pyro Crit
    1 x Pyro Crit or non crit
    Combust

And thats not even using Alter time yet.

Its devastating if they have no trinket, and available every 30 seconds. I love it.
    Last edited by Ryft; 2013-01-31 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    With MoP they made a lot of engineering buffs like rocket boots cause flags to drop. Ive seen so many tanks rocket away from flags in random bgs.
    Rocket boots making the flag drop is not new to MoP. I know it did back in wrath as well.

Used strength flask, strength potion, Pillar of Frost, Trinket, BG Berserking, got all procs (fallen crusader, second trinket) and ran into a Blacksmith full of hordes (around 7), spamming Howling Blast and Frost Strike, everyone died, i capped flag, then i thought, what the lol just happened?

Did also crit a holy paladin for 230k with Howling Blast in that solo raid.

Sounds more like a "Why you should never play PVP in WoW" thread to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have gotten 10 starsurge procs in a row, that was fun.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Off-topic slightly, but when I first started arenas as a derp, I played a number of matches before Q'ing into a mage that didn't suck, and he kept glitching out of my stuns. I was so pissed that I opened a ticket on the guy for hacking and the next day was politely informed by a GM that blink is designed to escape stuns....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Rocket boots making the flag drop is not new to MoP. I know it did back in wrath as well.
    cant even use engineering buffs like parachutes and rockets boosts in rbgs right?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

As a rsham, a fury war swapped to me with almost a full rage bar. I yelled in skype, "this mofo war is soloing me", I was dead before I finished what I said, I didn't even get to link.... I don't even think ng got to proc.

I didn't check the logs since my res time was low but it was pretty nuts, I was dead before anyone could even peel.

I don't know much about fury wars, but he was using 2 1h.

As a Gladiator, 3time hero (s9-s11) rogue, I suddenly can't find groups in tradechat who will take rogues to rbgs. I'm pretty shocked.

Really, though, people have heard rogues are awful, which may be true in arena, but we're still great in rbgs! I'm stuck at 2k CR due to lack of tradechat groups, and I'm starting to think the only way up is to lead my own again.