10+ Year Old Account

What to reforge and gem after hitting 8085 haste cap

I've recently hit the soft haste cap of 8085. I was wondering what to do now; do I reforge stuff back to crit but make sure I sit at 8085 or above? Or continue to go for more haste? Same goes with gems, should I start gemming pure intellect now and skip the socket bonus? (As long as the bonus doesn't compromise my hit cap and haste cap)

Just a little confused, Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Deleted
    After 8085 haste crit wil be in line to go for
    i think it mostly wil be worth to gem the socket bonus. just depends what the bonus is.

OT: annyone else having problems with reforgelight addon not realy calculating properly after puting haste to 8085?

Quote Originally Posted by Deschim View Post
    After 8085 haste crit wil be in line to go for
    i think it mostly wil be worth to gem the socket bonus. just depends what the bonus is.

OT: annyone else having problems with reforgelight addon not realy calculating properly after puting haste to 8085?
    Yeah, it's not 100% accurate for me now. Calculations also change when I press calculate a second time. Don't know what's wrong with it but it's not really a big deal for me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - I use reforgelite but I never trust it right away. I always check what it's about to do. Sometimes I mess with the at least/at most options on hit and it fixes it. It's definitely not the best addon, but it helps save time when it's working correctly.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

I stuck to haste, just started chucking pure int gems in the red sockets that i use to stick int/haste in.

It's so close between crit and haste it's not noticeable either way.

Just checked, i gain 50dps by reforging all my haste above 8085 to crit, yea don't think i'll bother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphia View Post
    I've recently hit the soft haste cap of 8085. I was wondering what to do now; do I reforge stuff back to crit but make sure I sit at 8085 or above? Or continue to go for more haste? Same goes with gems, should I start gemming pure intellect now and skip the socket bonus? (As long as the bonus doesn't compromise my hit cap and haste cap)
    You should always sim it, but in any realistic scenario crit will be superior past 8085. Regarding your gems you should still take into account the dps gain from the socket, generally there's quite few socket bonuses you want to pass on (2 of a secondary stat isn't that much worse than 1 int, and the extra stats from the bonus usually more than makes up for that).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    You should always sim it, but in any realistic scenario crit will be superior past 8085. Regarding your gems you should still take into account the dps gain from the socket, generally there's quite few socket bonuses you want to pass on (2 of a secondary stat isn't that much worse than 1 int, and the extra stats from the bonus usually more than makes up for that).
    Alright awesome, thanks for the heads up.
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Deleted
    Last time I simmed it haste and crit were so close above 8085 it made little difference which you forged into. Worth checking for your gear, atm tho I just give them equal priority in reforge lite.

While crit comes out slightly ahead on single target fights, during simming I noticed that when you increased the number of targets haste is valued much more. Since they are fairly close even on single target where crit shines the most I would suggest sticking to haste as the more flexible option

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose I'll have to do a little theorycrafting over the next few raid days, trying out different gems and reforging per fight. However I have stumbled across the problem that I'm finding it hard to stay above haste cap when getting gear upgrades due to some stat differences, so at the moment I think i'll do my best to keep myself at 15% hit and 8085 haste, then worry about the other stats. I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry; I was top on all fights in MSV last night in my raid (full clear), and my raid team doesn't exactly have scrubs in it, so for now I think I'm alright.

Deleted
    IMO stick to haste. If the fight is a multi add fight where multi-dotting is common haste will be better anyway. Even on single target fights, you won't notice the difference in your dps when reforging to crit.

I change my gear that often whenever I get an upgrade it just became a fuss to keep near the 8085 rating, having to reforge several bits of gear etc. Easier just to go straight to haste.

On another note, I know I whine about this all the time but 8085 IS NOT A HASTE CAP! (lol)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post

On another note, I know I whine about this all the time but 8085 IS NOT A HASTE CAP! (lol)
    Oh breakpoints, where art thou when I have need of you the most?

"Shit Happens" - Well, imagine if a pegasus had the bowel-control ability of a pigeon, there'd be a lot of cases saying the following: "Cause of Death: Killed by a giant flying piece of shit...."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    Oh breakpoints, where art thou when I have need of you the most?

Maybe there should be a sticky with a "Glossary of Terms" and the first on the list should be "Breakpoint =/= Cap"