Thread: New mmo mice.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New mmo mice.

After 3 and a half years of using my Naga the plastic contacts under the right button has weared off and it doesn't click, i have to press it down harder so im looking for a new mice.

I'm deciding between Corsair M90 and the Cyborg M.M.O. 7 After reading many threads not just here it looks to me like Cyborg doesn't produce high quality mices but maybe those people just had bad luck. I want it to last atleast 5 or 6 years, the M90 seems to have weird thumb button positioning.

ANything more is just a waste of money. And don't come bulshitting that it improves your performance. You are playing Wow, not doing a brain surgery.

I think the Logitech G600 is pretty excellent for the job myself. I'd say it's a toss-up between the M90 and the G600.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend R.A.T. 9 if you have some extra cash to burn. Otherwise G500 or G700 is pretty damn good as well (possibly G600 as well, but I'm not that huge fan of having a gazillion buttons on a mouse).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using the R.A.T 7. It's really good for the price. Don't use a basic mouse, you lose out so much not having the extra keybindings and decent performance. Plus it needs to feel good, most basic mice feel like shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post

ANything more is just a waste of money. And don't come bulshitting that it improves your performance. You are playing Wow, not doing a brain surgery.
    Brain surgery no, but if you're HC raiding or doing really high end PvP, then yes it can get rather complicated, obviously you don't do either or you would know that a MMO mouse does help, you probably click your spells... I have all my buttons bound on the side of my Naga and the extra buttons (B3/B4/B5).

Anyway, on topic, if you don't want another Naga I'd say go with the M90 or the G600, both solid mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not true. Most people use their computer a lot. I may only play wow, but when I'm spending 10+ hours with my hand on the mouse, it better be comfortable. And that thing does not look comfortable.

Right now I'm using a Logitech M705

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I think the Logitech G600 is pretty excellent for the job myself. I'd say it's a toss-up between the M90 and the G600.
    I returned mine to the store 2 days after purchase because of it randomly jittering across the screen when you use it (and I'm talking several centimeters on an 1080p screen) and hearing from forums about this issue being common for the model.

Apparently (and I found this out afterwards, hence why I can't confirm whether or not not works) though, you can switch modes on it so that the software configuration loads from your hard drive instead of the mouse, and that's supposed to fix the issue. But it's just something for the OP to think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried out both the G600 and the M90 and I must say, that I still prefer the Naga. The G600 was ergonomically ok, the buttons on the side were a little weird, but the deal breaker was the 2 buttons next to the left mouse button were missing. The M90 would have been a perfect replacement except I found that while the thumb buttons were ergonomically better placed, their recessed design and stiffness made them hard to press. Plus the 2 buttons next to the left mouse button were a little too out of reach to be comfortably used. Just buy another Naga and be a little more gentle with it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift
    Since I do more than play WoW on my computers, I find a quality sensor is worth the price. I suppose if you've never tried anything but a jittery prediction-ridden fixed-cpi freebie oem mouse you wouldn't know what you're missing, but to each his own. That said, I partially agree in that there's really no reason to ever spend more than ~$50 for a quality optical. These $100+ laser mice are a waste of money, at least as far as the sensor is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko
    Brain surgery no, but if you're HC raiding or doing really high end PvP, then yes it can get rather complicated, obviously you don't do either or you would know that a MMO mouse does help, you probably click your spells... I have all my buttons bound on the side of my Naga and the extra buttons (B3/B4/B5).
    Contrary to the popularly held opinion on this forum, it is actually possible to play this game without a special MMO mouse. I have over 90 combat-oriented keybinds on my current main, and I use a simple 5-button mouse. I always kind of thought the Naga was for people that can't bring themselves to remap or remove default interface binds.

I used a naga for a few years, but I decided to get a new mouse for reasons. I picked up the link at the bottom of my post, and I've never looked back. I'd definitely give it a look.
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...se-g700?crid=7

Deleted
    Alright... i think im going for the R.A.T. 7 if it is a shitty brand it's 100% going to break within the warranty time so i can RMA it anyways. All mices that i had before were under heavy load, cheaper ones broke after few months at most, Naga is by far the best mice i had so far.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Since I do more than play WoW on my computers, I find a quality sensor is worth the price. I suppose if you've never tried anything but a jittery prediction-ridden fixed-cpi freebie oem mouse you wouldn't know what you're missing, but to each his own. That said, I partially agree in that there's really no reason to ever spend more than ~$50 for a quality optical. These $100+ laser mice are a waste of money, at least as far as the sensor is concerned.

Contrary to the popularly held opinion on this forum, it is actually possible to play this game without a special MMO mouse. I have over 90 combat-oriented keybinds on my current main, and I use a simple 5-button mouse. I always kind of thought the Naga was for people that can't bring themselves to remap or remove default interface binds.
    As I've played hunter in arenas, bgs and HC raids, I know that having 90 keybinds just across the keyboard requires some incredibly finicky movements, clinging to modifiers left right and centre and having to stretch out across the keyboard. Having a mouse like the naga/g600 etc basically removes the need to stretch and reach the 6~= keys. It simplifies the movements required and can still make use of modifiers.

Deleted
    If it comes with a tracking ball underneath then I'm sold.

@OP

I only good things to tell you about the Corsair M90, assuming you're going to like the thumb buttons of course. I've tried two different R.A.T. mice and always end up returning because they just didn't feel right to me.

tbh, I've just been using a Logitech MX518 (G400) for quite a while now.

It's a FANTASTIC mouse, and very comfy with great key positioning... plus it's jokes cheap compared to a lot of other mice that I don't find perform half as well.

Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-01-31 at 03:56 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

... Really now?

@OP

I would suggest the G600 as a MMO mouse if you don't want to buy another Naga.
    Another Naga might not be a bad choice either. 2-3 years is about as long as I would expect most gaming mice to last for a gamer since it is probably used very often for long periods of time anyhow.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-01-31 at 05:17 PM.

I've got the G700 and the build for it and the G600 are roughly the same quality. I can't recommend anything over logitech for mice. They offer some really great quality all around.

I had personal experience with a Naga aswell, and I found it to break very easily. For me it was the mouse-wheel that broken. I couldn't scroll or click. It appeared a lot of people seem to have the same problem. So I went for the G600 aswell. I had to get used to the thumb buttons aswell, because they were placed quite differently and felt different aswell.
    After all that I can say I prefer the G600 over the Naga. The G600 has also a button next to the right mouse button. The scroll wheel has buttons when pressed to the sides, and it has 2 different buttons under neath the scroll wheel. Basicly the G600 does have 3 extra buttons (It's also possible to make your G600 programable to change it different modes, never tried that though.).

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I've got the G700 and the build for it and the G600 are roughly the same quality. I can't recommend anything over logitech for mice. They offer some really great quality all around.
    Except that the G600 has extra buttons for your thumb and the G700 doesn't. 12 buttons may sound like too much, but for some classes it sure is needed.
    But I agree, once you go Logitech, you never go back.

10+ Year Old Account

oh really?

your mouse is probably the most used part on your computer, don't cheap out and buy a piece of crap

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Personally love the G9 and G9x logitech mice, last one lasted nearly 5 years and all but the most used side button works perfectly still but the front side one is intermittant at time so I bought another one cannot fault logitech for quality, my G15 blue backlight keyboard is same age and the only button thats just become fault is the play/pause media button... so I reprogrammed one of the 54 other keys to do the job
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"