Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Rumour: Johnny Depp to star in new Warcraft movie

http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exc...e-of-warcraft/

Lots of sites talk about it already.

Now that the movie is finally on rails (script was finished in August) and dates being set for this 100 million project (not even 6 weeks of WOW subscription money...)

Who do YOU want to see as other actors ?

No thank you.

Depp is great but stop.

Maybe if Tim Burton had been hired to direct.

But at this point in the development cycle, I'm not even sure they've finalized the story and thus the cast.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Johnny Depp as a Gnome Monk !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    No thank you.

Depp is great but stop.
    Why do you say so?
    I think Depp in WoW movie would be great

Was looking at this World of Warcraft movie hypothetical casting list and I really like the choices they made for Jaina Proudmoore and the Chris Hemsworth version of Arthas. I could definitely see those working. Johnny Depp would make a fine Kael'Thas, although there's probably many other roles he could bring credence to as well.

Sad that Michael Clarke Duncan passed; his imposing presence, demeanor, and booming voice would have worked well for a Saurfang-type orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's going to be all characters, even females, played by Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    No thank you.

Depp is great but stop.
    I really like Depp but the problem is that in most of his movies (if not all) the character he act as, are mostly kind of crazy or are quite stupid.

....makes me curious as to what class you could see Depp play, i think rogue.

as for character tho i think he would make an excellent putricide, lol.

Deleted
    Rumour based on nothing. By posting it here, too, it will look more and more legit when you Google it, but there is no source, it's just people repeating 'someone talks about wanting JD'. Let's just not go there until more is known. We could just as well discuss the rumour that Schwarzenegger will play a dwarf protection warrior of age...

Johnny Depp could play Medivh. But that said, I don't believe he will present in World of Warcraft. It is just too soon and wishful thinking...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    Why do you say so?
    I think Depp in WoW movie would be great
    He's great, but his style is out of WoW.

Tbh, I'd rather the wow film to be more LotR style than his style. And again, I really like his films.. most of them.

Is there even a hint as to which story they're going to use in the film?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Starring Mr T as a night elf mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Maybe if Tim Burton had been hired to direct.

But at this point in the development cycle, I'm not even sure they've finalized the story and thus the cast.
    Actually today's movie sites confirm the scenario was finished in August last year, the funding of 100 million dollars is done and the shooting will start this year.

The 100 million funding can not be a big deal as Activision Blizzard sits on 3.2 billion dollars of cash...

Still one of the biggest projects though.

---

You know who I would add to the cast: Bobby Kotick (he already featured in a movie last year). SUCCESS assured !

10+ Year Old Account
    Viggo Mortense as Varian Wrynn, Orlando Bloom as Lor'themar, John Rhys-Davies as Magni Bronzebeard. Woop!

Really though, I have a hard time picturing any actor potraying a warcraft character, and even if I love Depp's work I'm not sure what role he'd really fit as.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krob View Post
    it's going to be all characters, even females, played by Metzen
    So Metzen is the new Eddie Murphy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Its not a Wow movie, its a Warcraft movie and i suppose their gonna start from the first way this mean Reign of Chaos or smt u know Horde vs Alliance and stuff inb4 Arthas

Deleted
    I would be doubtful but after seeing him in The Libertine and The Window it's clear he's a fantastic actor who can adapt to various roles. No, not all of his roles have been wacky, weird ones. It's a surprising choice, though. Not sure who he would play at all, if the rumour is even true. I'd rather that they use suitable actors nobody has heard of rather than hire a big-name one just to get the money rolling in, but it could turn out better than we anticipate.

Also - Gideon Emery to reprise his role in the film, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohanitos View Post
    Its not a Wow movie, its a Warcraft movie and i suppose their gonna start from the first way this mean Reign of Chaos or smt u know Horde vs Alliance and stuff inb4 Arthas
    No one knows... although today WB confirmed the scenario was finished in August. SO that leaves out lots of Pandas I guess.