Poll: What Race is your Horde Paladin?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Blood Elf easily on both performance and aesthetics.
    Anorexia victims doesn't have any aesthetics.

Male Blood Elf. I rolled in in late WotLK as a Female Blood Elf, tried out the Female Tauren throughout Cata, went back to BE in MoP because I'd like to play Holy. To be totally honest, they're both relatively bland races in terms of aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Male Blood Elf. I rolled in in late WotLK as a Female Blood Elf, tried out the Female Tauren throughout Cata, went back to BE in MoP because I'd like to play Holy. To be totally honest, they're both relatively bland races in terms of aesthetics.
    It's odd, but I tend to play male characters for tank/melee main specs and female characters for caster/healer main specs. Assuming that I think the race artwork looks decent for both, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    It's odd, but I tend to play male characters for tank/melee main specs and female characters for caster/healer main specs. Assuming that I think the race artwork looks decent for both, that is.
    Male Tauren > Female Tauren
    Female BElf > Male BElf.

For most races, the female is better than the male for ascetics. Belf, Undead, Orc, Goblin, Human, Nelf, Draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf. Tauren Paladins are an abomination.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

10+ Year Old Account
    blood elf cause im not gonna pay for race change

Blood Elf of course. Tauren Paladins are bad, mkay?

almost 40% Tauren? Oh my...

---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Anorexia victims doesn't have any aesthetics.
    Guess what, anorexia victims and zombies are the more finely presentable ones in the game.

Blood elves. Tauren does not feel right, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Avenger View Post
    Blood Elf. Tauren Paladins are an abomination.
    Blood Elves themselves weren't an "abomination" either? If not for the Naaru they'd all be Wretched now.

OT: Tauren, I played BE pally in TBC and loved it but lore-wise how can you not *love* Tauren? Sunwalker is also a bad ass name (not that Blood Knight isn't cool, either).

Deleted
    I've got a fem Tauren pally. I prefer the looks of them to that of the scrawny blood elves. My moo cow swings a massive sword with some gusto, where as to me, blood elves just don't seem right in melee specs. Holy yes, prot/ret no.

Blood elf, I like to show the graphics on helmets. 97% of helmets look stupid on taurens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Blood Elves themselves weren't an "abomination" either? If not for the Naaru they'd all be Wretched now.

OT: Tauren, I played BE pally in TBC and loved it but lore-wise how can you not *love* Tauren? Sunwalker is also a bad ass name (not that Blood Knight isn't cool, either).
    Blood Elves obtained their powers from the naruu, so technically they are paladins. While Taurens are... sun druids? Let Nelves be Paladins while they're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Avenger View Post
    Blood Elves obtained their powers from the naruu, so technically they are paladins. While Taurens are... sun druids? Let Nelves be Paladins while they're at it.
    Originally Blood Elves stole their powers from the Naaru, so technically they are no more paladins than Tauren who learned holy magic on their own.

Oh, and yah let's let every race have Paladins because even if the lore wasn't written in, we'll just make it up on our own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Blood Elves stole their powers from the Naaru, so technically they are no more paladins than Tauren who learned holy magic on their own.

Oh, and yah let's let every race have Paladins because even if the lore wasn't written in, we'll just make it up on our own.
    Yes, Blood Elves did steal their powers from the Naaru, the same source that the Dranei get their holy powers from. But, Taurens draw their powers from the sun (lol kk blizz) so technically they're sun druids... I just don't think Taurens should be paladins to begin with. That's all I'm saying.

Blood Elf paladins never were paladins like the humans are. They don't/didn't worship the Light for one thing. In fact, the Order of the Blood Knights didn't actually worship anything at all.

Deleted
    Tried playing a tauren, just can't do it. Don't like the way gear sits or their animations, had the same problem with male orcs and male draenei, big shoulders bug me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans, dwarves, and draenei can be paladins because of their devotion to the Light. Technically speaking, blood elves and tauren aren't paladins in the strict sense.

Blood elves originally stole their power from a captured Naaru. So they don't worship the Light, they just sap power from an embodiment of the Light and emulate the powers of a paladin (Blood Knights). Originally, anyways. Since the end of TBC, their power source is officially the reignited Sunwell.

Tauren paladins (the Sunwalkers) draw their power from An'she, the tauren sun god. Calling them 'sun druids' is closer to the mark than anything, to be honest.

However, the abilities that blood elves and tauren get from these different sources are the same as any human, dwarf, or draenei worshiping the Light. They could call blood elf and tauren paladin abilities different things, and/or give them different animations, but this kind of thing is a point where they chose game mechanics and simplicity over sticking rigidly to the lore.

P.S.: I'm totally for NElf paladins drawing power from Elune. Would race change in a heartbeat.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Tauren... Because Tauren. What else do I have to say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren, because Tauren. He matches my Druid, Shaman, Death Knight, Hunter, Priest, and Warrior.