Page 1 of 3
LastLast

BS "ez mode" appears to be coming in 5.2

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but the latest PTR release has the following:
    Professions
    Blacksmithing

(snipped the rest, see the post)
    So it looks like you can level up Blacksmithing from 1-500+ now similar to Pandaren Cooking.

That said, while it may be "ez", it will not be cheap as ghost iron will be in huge demand due to Wrathion's quest and the Lightning Forge.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-01-30 at 06:36 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Not sure how it's particularly easy given those mat costs. Even if Ghost Iron was cheap, 90 ghost iron bars for some Ghost Iron Bells? Crazy.

I see this as no problem, I have around seven or so miners in the guild and it is Constantly full of ghost iron ore and bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Not sure how it's particularly easy given those mat costs. Even if Ghost Iron was cheap, 90 ghost iron bars for some Ghost Iron Bells? Crazy.
    As I said in the last line, ez =/= cheap.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I hope this is there for the other professions as well. The profession leveling is just a long grind that gets even longer with each expansion. Every time we swap profs we are forced to buy overpriced mats from the AH because they are no longer relevant to the game.

from the thread title, i thought OP meant BS as in bullsh*t. lol. i hope they do this with the other professions. although im a little annoyed as i just leveled up LW and Eng from TBC levels on my recently resurrected hunter.
    85 Retribution Paladin | 85 Fire Mage | 85 Frost Death Knight | 85 Elemental Shaman | 85 Demonology Warlock |85 Arms Warrior | 85 Marksman Hunter

Deleted
    where were you when I was levelling 1-300 of LW Blizzard? WHERE WERE YOU? I still have nightmares about that

10+ Year Old Account
    they DID say a few weeks ago (maybe a few months) that they wanted to try something like this. i think i need to try this out for myself first. but this could be a very nice solution to the leveling process. and if it works or feels better to me to farm end game mats over outdated mats.. then i cant wait for this to happen with other professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I'm guessing that Cooking was the first iteration of testing a "catchup", and now Blacksmithing is being used to test a "catchup" for a primary profession.

I would expect/hope that other profs would see something similar, with the exception of the gather profs.

If this gets moved to other professions I see myself "skipping" some areas in the profession leveling process but not doing it solely with high level mats. Areas like 250-300 in most crafting professions are such a pain because some of the mats are extremely rare and you can only find 2-3 on the ah at any given point. This happens to me toward the end of BC leveling too. Good to fill in those gaps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I guess I'll hold off on the pain fullness of leveling leatherworking for the time being.

This just made me think about all the prof leveling I did over the last 2 months. If you'll excuse me, I need to go scream my head off for a few minutes.

Still, this is something I welcome.

I'm sure LW will be coming eventually as well. Seems like Blizzard is slowly changing things and tweaking things, but not all at once. It's a good way to "add" something to a future patch. lol. Bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP BS leveling was far, far less painful then in Cata. I'm liking these profession changes though. Nice for my alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokudu View Post
    If this gets moved to other professions I see myself "skipping" some areas in the profession leveling process but not doing it solely with high level mats. Areas like 250-300 in most crafting professions are such a pain because some of the mats are extremely rare and you can only find 2-3 on the ah at any given point. This happens to me toward the end of BC leveling too. Good to fill in those gaps.
    Thats really the best idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, professions needed to go very far to the other end of the spectrum in order to keep them interesting. Crafting professions don't make anywhere near the sort of income as gathering professions. Crafting professions have always been about saving you money when it comes to gearing and item enhancement. Keeping crafting professions "difficult" and expensive should have paid off in the creation of uber BoP stuff. But, it's always the same sad story. Crafting lets you construct gear that isn't any better than simple raid drops. Blizzard started to flesh out a decent work/reward system during TBC when you could craft a weapon and keep upgrading it with new mats provided by new raiding tiers, but the ball was dropped. Everything now seems to be about appeasing the people that value quantity over quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would honestly prefer them changing the mats needed for lower level items, or how many points you got instead of this method which just requires an load of one material.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Sadly, professions needed to go very far to the other end of the spectrum in order to keep them interesting. Crafting professions don't make anywhere near the sort of income as gathering professions. Crafting professions have always been about saving you money when it comes to gearing and item enhancement. Keeping crafting professions "difficult" and expensive should have paid off in the creation of uber BoP stuff. But, it's always the same sad story. Crafting lets you construct gear that isn't any better than simple raid drops. Blizzard started to flesh out a decent work/reward system during TBC when you could craft a weapon and keep upgrading it with new mats provided by new raiding tiers, but the ball was dropped. Everything now seems to be about appeasing the people that value quantity over quality.
    I don't really agree. The MoP crafting system allows the crafters to make a steady profit from the Blood spirit recipes and even from the 476 items. On my server, I still have get a 2k profit from crafting the 496 tailoring gloves. As for making the crafting professions rewarding, I'm afraid I don't agree. The TBC system was not about work/reward, it was about forcing people to pick these professions in order to have an advantage, which is just not fun. Professions should just give you slight benefits(as they currently do), not give you a huge advantage over the people who do not have them. Making something mandatory for people who want to remain competitive is one thing I strongly disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    The only part I agree with there is the upgradable crafts you got a while back, they were really cool and I miss doing that. But as for gathering profs making more money - very wrong, get JC and Enchanting, buy some ores from the AH and you can easily make back 4-5x the gold spent depending on your economy. Just requires a little starting capital and a will to put some effort in. Best way of making gold reliably in game.

As for the gear being on par or worse than raid drops, it should stay as is, and to be honest if I had my way the gear from crafting would be worse than raid drops all the time, not even on par. I wasn't even happy about the darkmoon trinkets being amazing at the start, you should get raiding gear from raids, end of. You should not have to fork out immense amounts of gold to craft/buy gear that gives you a head start in raids.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see this expanded on. But not in the way you'd think. Notice how most of those are household supplies?

Considering the heavy material cost, these must have some value. Resale? But as what...

Decorations for player housing. The feature they "Haven't Announced" for this expac. Ghost iron, maybe a placeholder.

Others to come? Leatherworkers make leather furniture and animal rugs and mounted heads and such? Enchanters create magic light sources? Scribes do paintings? Tailors do tapestries, rugs, carpets? Engineers create 'appliances' (think, a device you put ore in as a jewelcrafter and it prospects itself!)

The possibilities aren't endless, that's a dumb cliche. But the possibilities exist.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.