Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah but you have to keep in mind M. Night Shamalamadingdong directed Avatar..
    No kidding. That guy has put a hurt of a good many stories as of late. However that may be, the same routine is seen a a number of video game to movie adaptions. They make a profit but are viewed as flops.

But the video game to live action has always been a difficult sell. So difficult, that even of the movie makes a profit (and a profit into the millions) there still seen as flop movies and you will likely never see a second one and the first one is never mentioned again except in someones joke routine.

The CGI would be a must stronger way to go for blizzard if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    No kidding. That guy has put a hurt of a good many stories as of late.

But the video game to live action has always been a difficult sell. So difficult, that even of the movie makes a profit (and a profit into the millions) there still seen as flop movies and you will likely never see a second one and the first one is never mentioned again except in someones joke routine.

The CGI would be a must stronger way to go for blizzard if you ask me.
    It may have a lot of blended CGI elements.

No clue though.

We barely know anything, and it seems too soon to judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

It may have a lot of blended CGI elements.

No clue though.

We barely know anything, and it seems too soon to judge.
    and can you imagine if the blended CGI elements were as bad as some things we have seen. The avengers had a budget of 220 million and great looking CGI.

A 100 million seems rather small to me now knowing how good the CGI would have to be to make it sell without looking cheesy.

and can you imagine if the blended CGI elements were as bad as some things we have seen. The avengers had a budget of 220 million and great looking CGI.

A 100 million seems rather small to me now knowing how good the CGI would have to be to make it sell without looking cheesy.
    Blizzard should be able to make it work.

I dunno I'm still inclined to believe a shitload of the movie will be a lot like their cinematics.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saving judgement until I know the general plot.

A bad director can ruin a good plot, but a bad plot can ruin a good director.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Silent Hill?

Granted, I liked the Dungeons and Dragons movie (and Eragon, and the American Godzilla movie, which are all widely hated), so my opinion on movies may not be worth much to most people. :U
    I assume you never read the book Eragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghash View Post
    God that movie version of Eragon just..

I saw it when I was in 8th grade and I wanted to punch a literal baby.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'm saving judgement until I know the general plot.

A bad director can ruin a good plot, but a bad plot can ruin a good director.
    Well, since Legendary is writing it, I have hope.

And they have help from Blizzard too obviously, whose story telling lately has been top notch.

All we can do is have faith.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Silent Hill?

Granted, I liked the Dungeons and Dragons movie (and Eragon, and the American Godzilla movie, which are all widely hated), so my opinion on movies may not be worth much to most people. :U
    Wait wut? Is that actually possible? I mean... Good god that was just.... So utterly horrible!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Blizzard should be able to make it work.

I dunno I'm still inclined to believe a shitload of the movie will be a lot like their cinematics.
    I dunno, I think a good number of people would feel slighted if a large portion of the movie was cinematics they had already seen or even something similar.

It's got to be some new, very interesting stuff if you ask me.

I'm not sure they could go back and pull up story lines we have already played through. As cool as the lick king was, I don't care to revisit it at the movies. (same for the cinematics)

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wait wut? Is that actually possible? I mean... Good god that was just.... So utterly horrible!
    IF we never agree on anything else ever again, I at least know we agree on that. The D&D movies as so bad.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-01-31 at 03:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    oO the movie still has hope
    too bad it took this long
    noone that played wc3 in its time cares anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Sorry, did you take a survey of everyone who played Warcraft 3 and specifically ask them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched Source Code which he directed, it was a very good movie and it was done with a low budget, lower than the warcraft movie's. I hope he and the others with him will succeed in making this movie.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Hi! I played Warcraft 3 in it's time and I care... Guess I just kinda ruined your claim there....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Here's hoping the movie is made into an awesomely delicious CGI treat with many more to come! Like the next Lord of the Rings
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    I expect an Avatar approach to this movie if it ever goes through.
    That. Just that. Would be so epic!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

40+ mil went to Iron Man, though... and then some more to the rest of the all-star cast.

They don't need a lot of big-money names to play... they could just hire lots of nobodies like LoTR did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghash View Post
    Have all four books in hardcover. Love them to death.

The movie wasn't a good adaptation of the book. At all. But once I disconnected the two, it was a fun movie to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's not that I think it's an amazing movie, but like Eragon it's fun to watch (although I do think Eragon was a good movie, just not a good adaptation), and I think that's what's important. A movie's purpose is to be entertaining. I was entertained. Therefore, in my mind it was a good movie. Not a great movie, but good.

Looks like Duncan Jones actually wanted the role since 2010.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/01/30/W...-Duncan-Jones/

15+ Year Old Account
    Bet it's horrible like the Mortal Kombat and *insert any video game movie here*

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Bet it's horrible like the Mortal Kombat and *insert any video game movie here*
    There used to be a time were everyone said a super hero movie could never successfully be done. Then we got The Dark Knight and Avengers. I would reserve judgement till it's actually made.