Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Expertise gives spell hit for casters.
    Really ? Wow interesting that it isn't stated anywhere ingame. See thats what i don't like about Blizzards stat game. They don't really tell people what stats do and they give you no hint what stats are important for what class/spec. Would it be so hard to have an ingame hint that says "Hey, Destro Warlocks need Int->hit->mastery->crit->haste".
    But no, some theory crafter has to figure that out and i have to look it up on some website instead seeing it in the game i play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Really ? Wow interesting that it isn't stated anywhere ingame. See thats what i don't like about Blizzards stat game. They don't really tell people what stats do and they give you no hint what stats are important for what class/spec. Would it be so hard to have an ingame hint that says "Hey, Destro Warlocks need Int->hit->mastery->crit->haste".
    But no, some theory crafter has to figure that out and i have to look it up on some website instead seeing it in the game i play.
    Except that for a lot of specs it's not so black&white, and certain secondaries overtake one another while gearing up. On top of that a lot of the "known stat priorities" rely on standstill singletarget fights. If you're struggling on a fight with lots of AoE, cleave, movement or burst, your secondaries can swap around pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Except that for a lot of specs it's not so black&white, and certain secondaries overtake one another while gearing up. On top of that a lot of the "known stat priorities" rely on standstill singletarget fights. If you're struggling on a fight with lots of AoE, cleave, movement or burst, your secondaries can swap around pretty quickly.
    But it would at least be a start. People often laugh when someone gears wrong but there is absolutely no indication ingame what is important or not. I know some consider that to be part of MMO gaming but games have evolved and you should not have to rely on some theorycrafters on the internet to play properly.

download simulation craft, sim your toon get the stat weights and plug them into Mr Robot or wowreforges... neither site is worth a steaming pile if you are not going to use your toons actual plots.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Deleted
    They're all tools to be used and if you don't use them properly (get your own damn stat weights and caps) then you might as well just not bother using them at all.

That being said AMR is the rusty saw you found at the back of your grandads shed, even if you know how to use it it's not going to be a pleasant experience and probably won't get the job done anyway.

Mr. Robot sent me to respond to this thread. He's OUTRAGED that you would compare him to a rusty metal saw, just because he is also made of metal. He spends a lot of time and money keeping his exterior polished and up-to-date with the latest armor available (in case of a Robot uprising).

Also, he wants to know where your grandad lives. It sounds like his shed has some cool toys and Mr. Robot would like to look around.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    They're all tools to be used and if you don't use them properly (get your own damn stat weights and caps) then you might as well just not bother using them at all.

That being said AMR is the rusty saw you found at the back of your grandads shed, even if you know how to use it it's not going to be a pleasant experience and probably won't get the job done anyway.
    Really?

I keep hearing arguments from "elitists" that say that Mr. Robot is not good. I keep asking them to explain, yet I see no valid argument more than "it sucks".

"It sucks" it's not a good argument.

It does the job it was meant to do. The weight scales are not perfect for every char out there. I'm pretty sure AMR even states that somewhere (or it used to? can't remember), but they're pretty close. If I Sim my char, I get less than Δ5% compared to the default AMR Weight Scales.

Its job is to take your gear into consideration, do the math behind the weight stats that you supply it and provide the best solution to maximize the numbers.

That being said, it's not going to fit everyone's playstyle and an automatic tool can't know which results you would like to be best.

For example if I don't want to stack Stamina on druid bear tank, I simply mess around with the weight scales and put Stamina to a really low value until the tool stops suggesting me to gem for stamina.

It's not the tool that is "bad". It's the user for not knowing how to work it. (See guy in the thread raging about Expertise but not even knowing what Expertise does for casters these days...)
    Last edited by Znuff; 2013-02-01 at 02:41 AM.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!