Poll: As a man, do you get put off any physical contact with another man?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Sounds to me like someone isn't secure in his sexuality.
    go to a biker bar and hug someone. they'll kill you right after they call you queer.
    touchy feely guys usually end up in the news in their 50s as pedos anyway. sandusky was called a "touchy feely guy" by people who said he gave them the heebie jeebies

you can be as gay as you want, just call it what it is. i still feel like 1/3 of all men are gay and don't want to admit it.

guys shake hands, that's all you need.

Deleted
    I don't get why people always have to say something like this when a guy doesen't like being close to another guy. it's such bs!
    Sure it can be true in some cases but sometimes people just don't want to! It doesen't always mean people are insecure about their sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, no. It doesn't bother me at all. Just today, for example, a buddy of mine wouldn't get out of my chair at work, so I sat on his knees. He told me "If you are gonna sit on me at least sit on my lap." So I started to adjust up and he just started laughing and stood up. He knew I would do it, and it wasn't at all "gay" or "sexual". We both try our best to make each other uncomfortable, but it never happens because we both just don't care.

It is a blast when others are around, because we can really mess with them due to the fact that neither of us is shy or gets uncomfortable with the other.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    if a man wants to be touchy feely with another man he's gay. when it comes to football, wrestling, grappling, etc, in context that has nothing to do with touchy feely but physical dominance

if a guy comes up and hugs me i'm going to whip his ass. i don't want him to hug me. no doubt in my mind he's getting a hard on when he does it because normal straight guys don't hug other normal straight guys. now i'm sure europeans are all about some man on man love but they're not the ideal men either. a real man can hunt, fish, replace a timing belt and fight. those types of men don't hug other men

i personally don't even think men who dance are very manly either. i don't dance or hug and i don't want a woman who lifts
    I don't mind giving another man a hug, it's a gesture really, just like a handshake. It just depends how open you may be with it and mostly the distance of time between the last meeting maybe.

And you claim that we may not be ideal men, that we can't hunt, fish, fight and so on? I know for a fact that I have a hunting license in my wallet, I know for a fact that I have gone through survival courses during my life and I do know how to act as myself and around others. A gesture is not dangerous.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

if a man wants to be touchy feely with another man he's gay. when it comes to football, wrestling, grappling, etc, in context that has nothing to do with touchy feely but physical dominance

if a guy comes up and hugs me i'm going to whip his ass. i don't want him to hug me. no doubt in my mind he's getting a hard on when he does it because normal straight guys don't hug other normal straight guys. now i'm sure europeans are all about some man on man love but they're not the ideal men either. a real man can hunt, fish, replace a timing belt and fight. those types of men don't hug other men

i personally don't even think men who dance are very manly either. i don't dance or hug and i don't want a woman who lifts
    you should totally apply to be the next brawny paper towel guy
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Not afraid, I don't like to be touched in general. Man or woman, I like care for much physical contact. Just how I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with a bit of touching, like a pat on the back or an arm around the shoulder (I'm not a big hugger, but that goes for both genders). I don't see anything sexual in it.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account

The anger is strong with this one.

You sound like you have some issues that need to be worked out by a professional. Please seek psychiatric help.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, since what fizzbob put was his own thoughts on this, allow me to ask another question here, still in the context of the subject matter.

If a gay man, someone who it either obviously gay (there with his partner, guy coming from a gay bar, overly flamboyant guy) was to offer you a hug or even a friendly pat, what would your reaction be to this?

10+ Year Old Account

This entire post just made me laugh and feel sad at the same time.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Shoulder rubs, neck rubs, thigh rubs, hugs, touching hands, etc. I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality to do that.
    If I did any one those things, except for casual hugging perhaps, people would think I'm gay, if I saw a dude do one of those things to another dude I would think he was gay, doesn't mean it's bad but it's the first impression.

Or maybe he is sure that he only like contact with the opposite sex? Insecurity would imply he secretly likes touching other men. And his example is rather strange, there's a big difference between a male stranger and a good friend coming up to hug you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Okay, since what fizzbob put was his own thoughts on this, allow me to ask another question here, still in the context of the subject matter.

If a gay man, someone who it either obviously gay (there with his partner, guy coming from a gay bar, overly flamboyant guy) was to offer you a hug or even a friendly pat, what would your reaction be to this?
    I'd let him hug me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    So if a friend you haven't seen for a few years gives you a hug, he's gay?
    why would he hug me? we'd shake hands. even the gay friend i do have is a hand shaker. he's not gonna run up and hug and kiss me and make sweet love to me. he's gay and thinks that shit is just not normal. you shake hands, say hello

i mean fuck, why not run up to people and scream "WALRUS"? because it's just not socially acceptable to do that. same for guy on guy hugs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    This entire post just made me laugh and feel sad at the same time.
    lots of guy huggers in this thread. meet up with one and hug it out. you guys can eat bon bons and cry together.

in my world friends almost always hug as a greeting, male and female. on the other hand if i dont know you very well you have no business touching me, no matter the gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    lots of guy huggers in this thread. meet up with one and hug it out. you guys can eat bon bons and cry together.
    Go home and be a family man.

Hug him the fuck back.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted

I'd be weirded out someone wants to randomly hug me. I'm not keen on being physical with strangers but if it were to be a overly flamboyant gay guy that was my friend sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    in my world friends almost always hug as a greeting, male and female. on the other hand if i dont know you very well you have no business touching me, no matter the gender.
    Pretty much how i feel

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fizzbob. Your posts so far on this topic are more comical than anything I have seen on reddit in weeks! It sounds like something the hotshot quarterback would say 10 seconds before he stuck his hands between his centers ass cheeks to call for the snap. Back to the topic.

I have no problem giving a male close to me a hug. I do not like being touched by somebody that I don't really know. That seems like common sense to me but to each their own I suppose.

why would he hug me? we'd shake hands. even the gay friend i do have is a hand shaker. he's not gonna run up and hug and kiss me and make sweet love to me. he's gay and thinks that shit is just not normal. you shake hands, say hello

i mean fuck, why not run up to people and scream "WALRUS"? because it's just not socially acceptable to do that. same for guy on guy hugs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 08:02 PM ----------

You're making yourself look like a bigot c:

I would have to yes I am. I get pretty uncomfortable touching another man outside of handshakes.

10+ Year Old Account

Now, this is a different area. If a stranger, I do not take much to this, I can go with a handshake. But if it's a friend it's okay, a hug still isn't dangerous. Main rule for me among same gender contact is restricted by actions and input. If he's gay, it's his choice, as long as he doesn't do anything towards man in his choice of nature (i.e. grabbing, chin patting and such). But I keep to what I say, a hug is still a good gesture, just like a handshake.

And to the example posted by Fizz earlier, you don't go randomly in and hug some stranger. Your example is invalid. Besiddes, I've seen many straight guys hugging people of own gender, even more when drunk without taking it further.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..