Poll: As a man, do you get put off any physical contact with another man?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    another man never has any reason to touch me apart from a handshake in any normal situation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    if a man wants to be touchy feely with another man he's gay. when it comes to football, wrestling, grappling, etc, in context that has nothing to do with touchy feely but physical dominance

if a guy comes up and hugs me i'm going to whip his ass. i don't want him to hug me. no doubt in my mind he's getting a hard on when he does it because normal straight guys don't hug other normal straight guys. now i'm sure europeans are all about some man on man love but they're not the ideal men either. a real man can hunt, fish, replace a timing belt and fight. those types of men don't hug other men

i personally don't even think men who dance are very manly either. i don't dance or hug and i don't want a woman who lifts
    HAHAHA if i ever had an instant hillbilly voice appear in my head after reading the first line, this by far gave me the thickest accent for an entire post EVER xD

It depends who it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, I used to wrestle and there is nothing sexual about it to me. Why this topic comes up as often as it does is disturbing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    a hug is a sign of affection. a handshake is a greeting. i hug my woman. i don't say "i love you bitch" and shake her hand.

to you a hug is NOT a sign of affection, except, sometimes it is a sign of affection. in my line of work, you don't hug. you shake hands, and not those limp wristed sissy handshakes, you shake the other guy's hand firmly.
    Affection can be shown through a hug yes, but it doens't have to have affection towards all, depends on the way of hugging as well. A real man wouldn't say "I love you bitch" either, that is why I don't say that. Yes, during my work hours, all strangers, clients (New and old) and co-workers recieve a firm handshake as ones professional actions should be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Uh oh! I think we got another internet tough guy/keyboard warrior on our hands here!You sir have just made my day. I haven't laughed that hard in a while on here. Do you even know what a metrosexal is?

"in touch with your sexuality" as in you know what turns you on and you know how to please what you are attracted to? As in not being a small minded, homophobic fucktard that thinks a friend of yours is gay and wants to give it to you up the ass when all they do is give you a simple hug when they greet you?

I'm not pretending anything, sorry to burst your bubble man. Stop being pissed off and using lame insults towards people just because they don't think the same way that you do.

I would also LOVE to hear your definition of a so called "real man" that would just be pure gold

Side note: My favorite drink is Guinness >_> I fail to see what that has to do with anything.
    so you and your guy friends sit around and "chat" about what turns you on? i just emailed my gay friend this thread and according to him you're obviously gay, he thinks one of you huggers is faking it though (so did i)

look, you hugging guys doesn't bother me a bit. you can be as gay as you want, it doesn't bother me one iota. but hilarious as fuck how it bugs the shit out of you that i don't want to hug guys and read 50 shades of gray with them in character

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Affection can be shown through a hug yes, but it doens't have to have affection towards all, depends on the way of hugging as well. A real man wouldn't say "I love you bitch" either, that is why I don't say that. Yes, during my work hours, all strangers, clients (New and old) and co-workers recieve a firm handshake as ones professional actions should be.
    see how much simpler my take is? you need one of those charts to show you who to hug and who not to hug

so you and your guy friends sit around and "chat" about what turns you on? i just emailed my gay friend this thread and according to him you're obviously gay, he thinks one of you huggers is faking it though (so did i)

look, you hugging guys doesn't bother me a bit. you can be as gay as you want, it doesn't bother me one iota. but hilarious as fuck how it bugs the shit out of you that i don't want to hug guys and read 50 shades of gray with them in character

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:14 PM ----------

see how much simpler my take is? you need one of those charts to show you who to hug and who not to hug
    Oh man, it's so nice to have someone besides me for once take the heat in a topic that's gay related. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    HAHAHA if i ever had an instant hillbilly voice appear in my head after reading the first line, this by far gave me the thickest accent for an entire post EVER xD
    just so you know, WWE isn't gay to hillbillies, MMA is gay to hillbillies

Deleted
    a hug is a sign of affection. a handshake is a greeting. i hug my woman. i don't say "i love you bitch" and shake her hand.

to you a hug is NOT a sign of affection, except, sometimes it is a sign of affection. in my line of work, you don't hug. you shake hands, and not those limp wristed sissy handshakes, you shake the other guy's hand firmly.
    Unless you're shaking hand when you're leaving, to close a deal, as a thank you...

Social interaction must be tricky for you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    While I have no problem with your experiences, I don't think acting like men who don't want to hug other men are somehow behind the times will do your point any justice. I don't dislike man to man contact because I'm behind or culturally warped, I simply don't like it. For me, touching beyond handshakes is reserved for the affection I'll only express to romantic interests, or loved ones on their death bed. I'd sit in the floor before I sat in another guy's lap or let one sit on mine. Fizzbob, whether his posts are a bit crude or not, had a point with the whole progressive, in touch with your sexuality crap that seems to get spewed a lot nowadays. It's all a bunch of garbage. There's absolutely nothing new or better about it. It's a preference, nothing more. Many men don't share it, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    No there isn't anything wrong with preffering to not be touched outside romantic contact. His anger and hatred is what is wrong with every thing he is posting, that and his habitual posting of anything that is "man on man contact" = gay. If you don't like to be touched, fine. I can respect that. Just don't be a douche about it.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Oh man, it's so nice to have someone besides me for once take the heat in a topic that's gay related. Thank you.
    just to be clear: you're saying physical contact between men is gay related?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

you aren't one of those 'gay is a choice' guys who is all religious and shit are you

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    has anyone in this thread said that? men shake hands. women hug and cry.

I will hug close friends if I haven't seen them in a long time. That is the extend of my man to man contact.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    No there isn't anything wrong with preffering to not be touched outside romantic contact. His anger and hatred is what is wrong with every thing he is posting, that and his habitual posting of anything that is "man on man contact" = gay. If you don't like to be touched, fine. I can respect that. Just don't be a douche about it.
    anger and hatred lol? where'd you pull that from, your ass? the anger and hatred is ONLY coming from the MEN MUST HUG MEN folks

you wont find a bit of anger or hatred in my posts. fuck i thought the LOLs made that much obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    So are you saying you are homophobic and dislike gays unless they conform to some "straight American norm"?
    No, not really. I just find someone that happens to be homosexual that loves to talk about their sexuality non-stop until they are blue in the face to be boring and uninteresting. I would feel the same way if all a straight guy ever wanted to talk about was fucking girls and/or getting laid, or a person that always wanted to talk about money. Does that make sense? 0o
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Unless you're shaking hand when you're leaving, to close a deal, as a thank you...

Social interaction must be tricky for you!
    yeah, it's real tough to say hello and shake their hand
    meanwhile you guys have to figure out if you should hug and kiss the guy, how long and deep to go in with the hug, when and how long to make eye contact and then you have to wonder if he's thinking "why the fuck is this guy hugging me"

i don't even hug another guy's wife/gf

just certain lines you don't cross because it's COMPLETELY unnecessary to do so

Deleted
    you need one of those charts to show
    Mhhmm, I see you's got one of thum fancy pants, high tech charts thar!

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    Oh no! If you're showing physical dominance you're a proper man! Don't ya know?!

10+ Year Old Account
    anger and hatred lol? where'd you pull that from, your ass? the anger and hatred is ONLY coming from the MEN MUST HUG MEN folks

you wont find a bit of anger or hatred in my posts. fuck i thought the LOLs made that much obvious.
    I cite your first post in this thread. If that isn't anger and hate, take a look at the rest to confirm.

Also, I don't think ANYONE has said "men must hug men".

if a man wants to be touchy feely with another man he's gay. when it comes to football, wrestling, grappling, etc, in context that has nothing to do with touchy feely but physical dominance

if a guy comes up and hugs me i'm going to whip his ass. i don't want him to hug me. no doubt in my mind he's getting a hard on when he does it because normal straight guys don't hug other normal straight guys. now i'm sure europeans are all about some man on man love but they're not the ideal men either. a real man can hunt, fish, replace a timing belt and fight. those types of men don't hug other men

i personally don't even think men who dance are very manly either. i don't dance or hug and i don't want a woman who lifts
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    yeah, it's real tough to say hello and shake their hand
    meanwhile you guys have to figure out if you should hug and kiss the guy, how long and deep to go in with the hug, when and how long to make eye contact and then you have to wonder if he's thinking "why the fuck is this guy hugging me"

i don't even hug another guy's wife/gf

just certain lines you don't cross because it's COMPLETELY unnecessary to do so
    Wow, it's almost as if you just click reply and hope that slamming your "real man" face into the keyboard will relate to the post, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I know how to act professionally, but some people just don't know how to guide themselves I guess? A chart would be something you keep in your head saying, "You may hug this guy when the appropriate reason is there" and I'll just add this.. there's no way in hell I would hug half my family, so I can't stand that with a reason. But as they said many pages through, a non-affectioned hug is still just a human gesture. Heck, as I said, I don't mind the hugs, but it shouldn't happen for no reason (That is, a reason is needed from my side). Yes, I don't accept a hug if I just sit and talk and suddenly someone wants to hug. Yes, I do accept a hug as a greeting/good gesture. I am closer to hitting it if your leg/knee touches mine in the cinima than I am to deny a friendly gesture.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..