Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyway, for the people thinking priest will no longer be viable, you are so wrong in my opinion, we are by far the best right now, these will probably put us in line with other casters.
    Holy priests say wut?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

And NOW if we dare casting a spell and get counterspelled... we're fucked. Why ? 'cause we can't use Dispersion.

Stupid nerfs.
    If a mage gets kicked he cant block
    If a pala gets kicked he cant bubble

Why should spriests be special?

Shadow is way to strong right now and I hope these nerfs tone you down enough.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    They need to buff something for spriest in pvp or im done with this crap. That shit is just pathetic...
    Welcome to the road to being a Warlock . . . all in all i only play Shadow at twinked out lvl 80 bracket so idk yet how this will effect me but cant say the nerfs arent needed >_>

Quote Originally Posted by hesem View Post
    <Snip>...yet we are currently by far the best caster in PvP.
    Ridiculous. Frost mages are easily the best caster in the game. Shadow was strong for one reason, and one reason only. Silence. Silence allowed some ridiculous CC chains on other casters. Frost mages allowed ridiculous CC chains on melee. It was when you combined Shadow with a Frost mage you negated Shadow's principle weakness; Melee.

Against melee, Shadow is the weakest caster in the game.

Anyway, for the people thinking priest will no longer be viable, you are so wrong in my opinion, we are by far the best right now, these will probably put us in line with other casters.
    I assume you mean Shadow. Maybe, but only if they allow us to cast SOMETHING with melee locking out Shadow school. If not, SPriests are not viable. Any priest will not be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post

Why should spriests be special?

Shadow is way to strong right now and I hope these nerfs tone you down enough.
    oohh i like how you're very effective at comparing oranges with apples.

Now, if we consider we don't have any stun, we do not have roots and blink, we do not have instant cast, any kind of escaping mechanism
    Huge now and its a gigantic deal against melee.
    how much u want to fake cast to get a defensive cd to be used while beeing tunneld by melees (and with boomkins there's no clas whos better at beeing tunneld then us)?

For me it pretty much ends the story here.
    Nerfing phantasm and front damage from DP was almost necessary, but dispersion...c'mon.

We're now moving backwards. It's like cata all over again. However.. I was terrible in cata, I might be able to deal with this now.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    if you can kick ret paladin i give you medal. block and bubble give you full immune, but what i see with dispersion? i am just died in it form 2 melee

and someone ask him when they fix sw:d delay on 20% target hp

If they're gonna make dispersion a lock-out spell, then it should take no damage, I'll still take 10k attacks during a warriors burst, I use it at 20k health in 3s, my healer is LoSed, I die.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    if you can kick ret paladin i give you medal. block and bubble give you full immune, but what i see with dispersion? i am just died in it form 2 melee

HAHA that made my night

Deleted
    You shouldn't be getting locked if you think you're going to be needing it any time soon anyway.- probably to fall into place with divine shield/ice block.
    Easy for you to say when your mana reg and resource gain is all tied to castings, and being the weakest caster vs melee. When melee constantly ride shadow like they do, sure you can fakecast them 75-90% of the time, they only need to get you once and it can be game over. It's even harder to fake ranged, mages have glyph of counterspell ( don't know if they accually use it but its still an option) which makes them pretty hard to juke.

GG 6 sec no dispersion - you're fucked.

The logic is pretty hilarious here. Putting dispersion on lockout with shadow spells to make hard casts more dangerous. You would think that they are going to buff instant cast spells. Nope, change mind spike glyph.

What is this I don't even...

Deleted
    There is so many of you complaining that these nerfs weren't warranted and that we will be useless after this, yet we are currently by far the best caster in PvP. Whatever comp you are running with a caster, replace your caster with a shadow priest and it's going to be better.
    Anyway, here's is my thoughts behind these nerfs.

Dispersion can't be used while locked, as long as you can still use this while blanketed, it will be fine. You shouldn't be getting locked if you think you're going to be needing it any time soon anyway.- probably to fall into place with divine shield/ice block.
    Mind spike glyph nerf is pretty strange, but there are plenty of other amazing glyphs, inner fire is so good vs cleaves.
    Fade was stupid. Let's face it, a 30sec CD 3sec duration untargetable from range was so overpowered, any class would love to have this, it's just way too strong.
    The DP nerf is the one that is annoying, mainly because of how it can be dispelled by 3 healers and won't be anywhere near as good next patch, but when it crit it was over the top damage.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html

This clearly shows that mages are by far the best and most popular class at high ratings right now.
    Incoming nerfs to shadow priests will lower shadowpriests on that list and make mages and locks the best casters by far.

Deleted

This clearly shows that mages are by far the best and most popular class at high ratings right now.
    Incoming nerfs to shadow priests will lower shadowpriests on that list and make mages and locks the best casters by far.
    I love people who link to that site to draw conclusions on PvP balance. It just shows how clueless you are about PvP.

Deleted

That site says nothing about gladiator distribution. 2.2k is a bit uninterresting number, because anyone playing at a high level of PvP will be able to obtain tier 2. Gladiator distribution is much more interresting, because it will to a much higher degree eliminate the 'weaker' specs.

By the way, if you only look at 3v3 distribtution, you will notice that shadow priests are the highest representated caster spec, and that priest representation is higher than mage representation, and a lot higher than warlock representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    The delay is absolutely insane! Same with spectral guise. Gotta love to sit in a full Stun one global after using spectral guise just because the mechanic/animation is so insanely slow/clunky

Deleted
    They need to buff something for spriest in pvp or im done with this crap. That shit is just pathetic...
    Try ele or enh shaman, they've been far worse than spriests for nearly 3 years now. Realise you have it much better than some unfortunate souls. Talking PvP here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Try ele or enh shaman, they've been far worse than spriests for nearly 3 years now. Realise you have it much better than some unfortunate souls. Talking PvP here.
    You can blame GC's "not every spec will be optimal" theory for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can blame GC's "not every spec will be optimal" theory for that.
    Only took 3 years right? Still nowhere close. Fact is they don't think when they nerf shamans, particularly resto since we get nearly zero compensation for it. Totem nerf biggest one in MoP, hex glyph, wind shear, grounding and healing surge in Cata and neither of these abilities were nearly powerful enough on the dps specs with maybe the exception of hex as enh.

Nerf a global class ability for the sake of one OP spec? Sure, fuck the rest that are already underrepresented greatly and make them even worse.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2013-02-01 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Easy for you to say when your mana reg and resource gain is all tied to castings, and being the weakest caster vs melee. When melee constantly ride shadow like they do, sure you can fakecast them 75-90% of the time, they only need to get you once and it can be game over. It's even harder to fake ranged, mages have glyph of counterspell ( don't know if they accually use it but its still an option) which makes them pretty hard to juke.

GG 6 sec no dispersion - you're fucked.

shamans say hi we must cast lightning bolts to regen mana our longest cast spell that hits for 11 k and try not get kicked while casting lbs and get locked from healing . we have worst defence as casters i would trade as ELEMENTAL all priest talents

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I love people who link to that site to draw conclusions on PvP balance. It just shows how clueless you are about PvP.
    You should also note that, this site lists Holy Hunters as the top 3 spec/class played. Beware of the Holy Hunters guise.