10+ Year Old Account

Problem with memory usage

I have this problem with memory usage. I have just a few addons(6) and they don't addup to be the same as my Total Memory Usage. Right now my memory is this:

Total memory: 39.26 mb

Elvui............7.14 mb
    Recount ......2.76 mb
    Weakauras....2.60 mb
    Affdots.........1.77 mb
    DBM: Core.....668 kb
    Reforge lite....418 kb

To me this doesn't add up one bit(I has good maths). I'm wondering if Weakauras is taking up some space due to the multiple strings that I have running, or if it's something hidden. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    I have this problem with memory usage. I have just a few addons(6) and they don't addup to be the same as my Total Memory Usage. Right now my memory is this:

Total memory: 39.26 mb

Elvui............7.14 mb
    Recount ......2.76 mb
    Weakauras....2.60 mb
    Affdots.........1.77 mb
    DBM: Core.....668 kb
    Reforge lite....418 kb

To me this doesn't add up one bit(I has good maths). I'm wondering if Weakauras is taking up some space due to the multiple strings that I have running, or if it's something hidden. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you at any point opened up Weakauras settings it will use a ton of memory. You need to /rl after playing around in WA to reset it. Weakauras doesn't load it's options and other stuff until you open the settings and is why it will use more afterwards (you can see this I believe in the default blizzard system viewer that only shows top 3 addons after opening its settings)

Mine has been as high as 50+mb just for Weakauras after opening its settings and normally 3.5mb when I /rl or don't touch the settings.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-02-01 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    If you at any point opened up Weakauras settings it will use a ton of memory. You need to /rl after playing around in WA to reset it. Weakauras doesn't load it's options and other stuff until you open the settings and is why it will use more afterwards (you can see this I believe in the default blizzard system viewer that only shows top 3 addons after opening its settings)

Mine has been as high as 50+mb just for Weakauras after opening its settings and normally 3.5mb when I /rl or don't touch the settings.
    Oh sweet thanks, that helps. Very good to know for on the fly adjustments.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, Blizzard's UI elements do take up memory that will be reported in total usage, but not as in use by an addon.