Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Writing a book - Dark Fairytale

Hey guys!

As some of you already know, I am writing a book. It's theme is dark fantasy. (Imagine dragons, knights, maidens in need, magic etc.) But also, mix in adult themes. Drugs(of some sort) sex and violence.

As I've described it the best way I can to friends and family "It's the story where the wolf rapes little red riding hood." Now, not saying that's what I am writing about, but it's a story where just that can happen.

Ahem, but enough about what my book is about. Some of you know that it's title is "A Word of Darkness" and can find it some places on the Internet already. However, it's not close to being finished, which brings me to why I am making this thread.

I am looking for feedback. While the story is nowhere close to being finished, still have some holes in the story, grammatic errors and such, it's vivid and rather entertaining.

So, I was hoping that some of you guys would be interested in reading it and giving me feedback on it. Feel free to let me know about all holes, grammatic errors or perhaps suggestions to how I could write it differently here and there, but... I can't promise that it will be tailored to every feedback. After all, it's -my- story.
    Oh, and another little thing: Since I am so open about giving this story out to friends, family and unknown people, it has been copied. Like, someone taking my name away from it and said it's their own. I've made sure it's copyrighted and that it's not possible to steal it.

So... Yeah, that's all I think. Let me know if you'd like to read it and I'm happy for every kind of feedback. As long it's constructive

You can either give me a poke here on the forum by replying to the thread and I'll see if I can send it your way through the PM-system(if it allows files) if not - give me a note where you say you'd like to read it and include your email.

PS: I'd advice that people under 18 doesn't read it due to it's content. Also, English is far from my native tongue and started out being an assignment years ago at school. Wanting to really go into it and make an truly epic story, this is the results so far.

PSS: If this thread/request isn't allowed on the off-topic forum, I would really like to be given a note before it's deleted.

Deleted
    Sure, PM me a link please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really too worried about people stealing my ideas. The way the story will unfold is truly epic and is hardly anything seen before. And reading my story so far... Well, it's just the beginning

Oh yeah - I will need you to PM me your email. It's not uploaded anywhere on the net(that is updated).

Deleted
    I'll give it a read and give you the feedback I can

I'd love to read it. Feel free to sent me a link in PM and I'll let you know what I think. Depending on how long it is that might not be instantaneous, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Deleted
    I am not handing out my email address to some stranger, either upload it to the net and link it or find some other way.

PM me a link, I'm writing a novel myself (just started) so I'd love to read your stuff. Don't worry I won't steal any ideas.

Deleted
    I've sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    "It's the story where the wolf rapes little red riding hood."
    Now this is something I'd be interesting in reading hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten a few pms already and I've sent them the story their way. If you for some reason should be afraid of having your email being handed out to me, feel free to make a fake one and give me that.

Either way - PM'ing me your email so I can send it to you is the solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am not handing out my email address to some stranger, either upload it to the net and link it or find some other way.
    throw away email address? Thought you woulda been on that one RICH :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Now this is something I'd be interesting in reading hehe.
    Neil Gaiman wrote it long time ago, in Sandman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    throw away email address? Thought you woulda been on that one RICH :/
    Too much effort just to read someones fiction, I still don't know why OP cannot upload it somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't nearly all fairytales originally dark in nature? The sex, violence etc is implied.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    I am very interested in reading your draft. Have always enjoyed the dark (gothic) fairytales, both books and movies such as "Snow White: A tale of terror" Have send you a pm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    As I've described it the best way I can to friends and family "It's the story where the wolf rapes little red riding hood." Now, not saying that's what I am writing about, but it's a story where just that can happen.
    have you watched or are you watching the tv series Once Upon A Time?
    From there we've learned, little red riding hood IS the wolf. The cape protects it from turning into the beast

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Too much effort just to read someones fiction, I still don't know why OP cannot upload it somewhere.
    hey Rich. be flexible
    Or are you using your rather serious email address for here and such things too? Don't answer it literally, question was rather theoretically.
    I don't. I have a business email, which is bound to bank etc. One for RL contacts. One for Stuff like Blizz etc. and one I use for throwaway things like forums subs and the like. Keeps it nicely organized, and in any case I could never be compromised to the fullest possible case. Especially since the last, the throwaway
    email is the one that would likely suffer any targeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Big time fantasy reader here. Shoot me a pm please.

How long is it?

I don't care about giving you my email but I don't feel like PMing you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    have you watched or are you watching the tv series Once Upon A Time?
    From there we've learned, little red riding hood IS the wolf. The cape protects it from turning into the beast

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 02:55 PM ----------

hey Rich. be flexible
    Or are you using your rather serious email address for here and such things too? Don't answer it literally, question was rather theoretically.
    I don't. I have a business email, which is bound to bank etc. One for RL contacts. One for Stuff like Blizz etc. and one I use for throwaway things like forums subs and the like. Keeps it nicely organized, and in any case I could never be compromised to the fullest possible case. Especially since the last, the throwaway
    email is the one that would likely suffer any targeting.
    I have 2 emails, one for business and one for social and games. I really do not want to remember a third address and password when OP can just upload it online rather than asking for everyones email address and sending it individually everytime. If it is online then more people can see, and the more that see it the more chance of getting valuable advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about 100 A4-pages, so it would be 200 book-pages. The only versions online are VERY outdated ones.

Resania finished it and gave me some good feedback, and I quite him/her "Ok so finally finished reading it and it was just amazing I would just love to keep reading but you just had to end it right there. *mutters*"

Pleased Seiken3 is pleased Anyways, I'm taking in more feedback, so.. please do throw a small PM containing the mail and you'll have it coming your way shortly! =)