Page 48 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    And entry jobs? I feel this answer is rather limited. Have you ever applied for a job? Even with a degree in accounting, you have to learn skills to work for some companies.

No no, I think you're trying to sidestep a blatantly obvious and documented subconscious racism and pretend "merit" is some sort of objective goal.

I have more issues with whites getting jobs/places at uni because their Dad works at a company/went there as hugely offensive than AA, which balances that behaviour out.
    No, no it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowgore View Post
    The U.S. Department of Labor would like a word with you. http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm

If you don't believe any hiring decisions are based on affirmative action or are otherwise "diversity-based", you are lying to yourself. Yes, there is whining from those who believe they lost jobs to "non-whites", without actual knowledge of whether the hiring decision was race based. The whining is at least as loud by minorities when they are "underrepresented". Government positions, fortune 500 executives, sports head coaches, you know you've heard it... It's always factored in how many "new hires" are minorities.

I'd like to see the day when all job apps, loan apps, college apps, etc.. don't have boxes to check for one group or another. Merit, people, merit.

Let's be intellectually honest please.
    That wasn't even a response to my post, as a large chunk of it was a shameless Red Herring. Re-read my post and answer where I asked for proof that this is as common as whites like to make it seem. Providing a link that mentions how race-based hiring practices occur, as if it refuted my post, is dishonesty on YOUR part.

Of course it's possible, you cracka ass cracka.

this was a joke, don't get angry
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, no it does not.
    I agree, it's not enough whatsoever. But hey, if they made bigger steps then it'd really be ridiculous.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

I agree, it's not enough whatsoever. But hey, if they made bigger steps then it'd really be ridiculous.
    What isn't enough, AA?

10+ Year Old Account
    What isn't enough, AA?
    Clearly not, but it has made epic leaps and bounds for what it is.

I'm not advocating for more quotas in jobs, but more education to eliminate racism. The problem isn't specifically whites in work or writing tests, it's the noticeable subconscious racism involved that's being shown in sociological reports.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

I'm not advocating for more quotas in jobs, but more education to eliminate racism. The problem isn't specifically whites in work or writing tests, it's the noticeable subconscious racism involved that's being shown in sociological reports.
    I just don't feel we can ever get past racism, if racist laws and programs exist. two wrongs don't make a right, even if the intent was good, or just to get votes, or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't feel we can ever get past racism, if racist laws and programs exist. two wrongs don't make a right, even if the intent was good, or just to get votes, or whatever.
    It's only racist if it unfairly advantages one group over another. The quotas never do that - it's proportionate and even then, not completely proportionate. It doesn't require exactly 14% of the workforce to be black, for example.

I also agree that something like AA shouldn't be everlasting, but when the figures stabilise closer to proportions, then we can abolish it.

It's only racist if it unfairly advantages one group over another. The quotas never do that - it's proportionate and even then, not completely proportionate. It doesn't require exactly 14% of the workforce to be black, for example.

I also agree that something like AA shouldn't be everlasting, but when the figures stabilise closer to proportions, then we can abolish it.
    With all this pathetic outcry would think that AA has given 8 out of every 10 job positions to a non-white person, or something.

It pretty much does that though. If a company is forced to promote someone that is less experienced, and less of an overall asset because of skin color, that hurts one group of people, hurts the company, and says "You don't have to work that hard" to another group. If two people aren't held to the same standards, whats the incentive to work as hard?

This is a good and relevant article:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ction/1623487/

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    With all this pathetic outcry would think that AA has given 8 out of every 10 job positions to a non-white person, or something.
    Its wrong to judge by race.

It pretty much does that though. If a company is forced to promote someone that is less experienced, and less of an overall asset because of skin color, that hurts one group of people, hurts the company, and says "You don't have to work that hard" to another group. If two people aren't held to the same standards, whats the incentive to work as hard?
    This line of logic automatically assumes that those who benefit from AA are unskilled though.

This line of logic automatically assumes that those who benefit from AA are unskilled though.
    Racial preferences and fear of law suits make it hard to fire certain under performing people. This is institutionalized Racism. What you and Zhangfei defend is just pure entitlement disguised as "struggle for equality".

What leaps would that be? As far as i am aware the number of unemployeed black people is twice as high as the rest. It clearly isn't working. Your "education" sounds a lot like Indoctrination and forced Self hate for white kids. ( i feel sorry for those you influence)
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-01 at 11:43 PM.

This is a good and relevant article:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ction/1623487/

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:17 PM ----------

Its wrong to judge by race.
    Judge : Form an opinion or conclusion about.

AA doesn't make people form opinions about the applicants lol, in fact without AA people were being JUDGE FOR THEIR RACE, and whites were often hired as they white males were often hired as women and minorities were JUDGE negatively. There is no opinion forming on race.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Racial preferences and fear of law suits make it hard to fire certain people. This is institutionalized Racism. What you and Zhangfei defend is just pure entitlement disguised as "struggle for equality".
    Well please show proof that white business owners (majority of all business) do not prefer to hire white males, whether purposefully OR SUBCONSCIOUSLY, because many studies will show you they in fact DO, which leads to people wanting and needing AA. Also how do you explain white women who get jobs because of AA is it racist?

Racial preferences and fear of law suits make it hard to fire certain under performing people. This is institutionalized Racism. What you and Zhangfei defend is just pure entitlement disguised as "struggle for equality".\

What leaps would that be? As far as i am aware the number of unemployeed black people is twice as high as the rest. It clearly isn't working.
    Red Herring response. Projections and "feel good theories" aren't a viable substitute for empirical evidence either, I'm afraid.

Red Herring response. Projections and "feel good theories" aren't a viable substitute for empirical evidence either, I'm afraid.
    Replying to every post with "Red herring" and "You are an ignorant whitey" isn't appealing either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, it's possible. You should ask Mandarin and Cantonese speakers how many offensive slang words they have for the white man. In Cantonese alone, there are about 26.

Replying to every post with "Red herring" and "You are an ignorant whitey" isn't appealing either.
    And yet, I still remain accurate. Unlike yourself.

And yet, I still remain accurate. Unlike yourself.
    http://www.martindale.com/members/Ar...edDecision.pdf

The Supreme Court ruled that the city of New Haven, Connecticut, engaged in unlawful race discrimination when it discarded the results of a firefighter promotional exam because the city feared a lawsuit by black candidates who failed the test. Ricci v. DeStefano. In doing so, the Supreme Court introduced a new standard into Title VII discrimination cases dealing with employers’ use of tests and other mechanisms for evaluating candidates for promotion, hiring or layoffs – the “strong basis in evidence” test.
    It's enough to wave the race card and the employeer will cave in and very conciously throw the white guy under the bus. It doesn't sound good, it sounds pretty terrifing.

No, no it does not.

And yet, that doesn't prove that those who benefit from AA are automatically unskilled. Which was my statement. Try to keep up.