Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is Feral stealth broke?

Just a quick one, i have been attacked in stealth a few times recently and from a fair distance away, is stealth broke anyone else noticed this?

rogues have a greater stealth detection cd. i find with druids that if i spot on and target. i can usually see them for quite a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealth detection increases if the person isn't moving and they are facing you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not familiar with being in stealth, you can be susceptible to a Rogue/Feral who will notice you stealthed before you notice him. That sound stealth makes is very distinct, learn it and you could potentially get the drop on people before they even realize they're out of stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Stealth detection increases if the person isn't moving and they are facing you.
    It might be related to the client/server position update frequency depending on if you're moving or standing still. I don't really know exactly how it works.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've somewhat wondered this myself. I've had a warrior heroic leap me from max range like 3-4 different times in arena. Granted, they were humans, so maybe the +stealth detect passive is that good, but I doubt its all luck.
    And this is way before the shadowsights spawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I've somewhat wondered this myself. I've had a warrior heroic leap me from max range like 3-4 different times in arena. Granted, they were humans, so maybe the +stealth detect passive is that good, but I doubt its all luck.
    And this is way before the shadowsights spawn.
    That passive bonus is gone since Wotlk.

@Op, stealth is broken at the moment. It hardly works at all and has a lot of issues such as pets completly ignoring it. The Imp swarm for example will completly ignore it and run over half the Arena/Battleground to you to attack you.

Stealth has been a little weird for a while now, and occasionally people can see you from a mile away. I've noticed that in particular, if you momentarily enter detection range and someone targets you, it can take a long time for you to disappear on their screens as you move away. Playing my rogue, I've sapped hunters and immediately ran away from them only to be autoshot out of stealth from near max range 8 seconds later. It's pretty common to see people having me targeted for almost a full sap duration even when I move off behind them.

The more frustrating but less common one is when someone just sees you through stealth from way too far away. I've actually had a couple warriors charge me from almost max range right out of stealth at the beginning of arena matches. Now I don't mind if they get a lucky guess and leap me out, but to actually be able to target me from 20+ yards away is crazy. Pets also have a tendency to all but ignore your stealth. Stealth is definitely buggy, but all you can really do about it is keep it in mind and don't rely on stealth to cover for bad positioning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Stealth has been a little weird for a while now, and occasionally people can see you from a mile away. I've noticed that in particular, if you momentarily enter detection range and someone targets you, it can take a long time for you to disappear on their screens as you move away. Playing my rogue, I've sapped hunters and immediately ran away from them only to be autoshot out of stealth from near max range 8 seconds later. It's pretty common to see people having me targeted for almost a full sap duration even when I move off behind them.

The more frustrating but less common one is when someone just sees you through stealth from way too far away. I've actually had a couple warriors charge me from almost max range right out of stealth at the beginning of arena matches. Now I don't mind if they get a lucky guess and leap me out, but to actually be able to target me from 20+ yards away is crazy. Pets also have a tendency to all but ignore your stealth. Stealth is definitely buggy, but all you can really do about it is keep it in mind and don't rely on stealth to cover for bad positioning.
    Sorry, but in this particular case, Stealth is working as intended. The hunter's pet just picked your smell from afar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Sorry, but in this particular case, Stealth is working as intended. The hunter's pet just picked your smell from afar.
    Go troll somewhere else. This isn't funny in the least. And it's not just hunter pets but mostly warlock ones such as the imp swarm who aren't controlled directly and just aggro to whatever they feel like completly ignoring stealth/vanish and such.

I've always felt like my Druid stealth was awful in comparison to Rogue stealth. Apparently they are the same. (But a lot of Rogues use a sap macro which they run around spamming which will sap you as soon as they see you in stealth - Druids can't do this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealth is just a little broken at the moment, especially against pet classes.

Quit whining, you have an unfair advantage over ever class without stealth. Give everyone a stealth then bitch when the field is even.

Stealth has been a little weird for a while now, and occasionally people can see you from a mile away. I've noticed that in particular, if you momentarily enter detection range and someone targets you, it can take a long time for you to disappear on their screens as you move away.
    This is intended.

Playing my rogue, I've sapped hunters and immediately ran away from them only to be autoshot out of stealth from near max range 8 seconds later. It's pretty common to see people having me targeted for almost a full sap duration even when I move off behind them.
    Stealth 101:

Hunters have track hidden which grants them stealth detection.

You need to be more than 5 yards (detection radius) away to drop their targeting.

You need to be truly behind the target. Avoid 180 degree frontal cone.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Hunters have track hidden which grants them stealth detection.

You need to be more than 5 yards (detection radius) away to drop their targeting.

You need to be truly behind the target. Avoid 180 degree frontal cone.
    That's why I'm calling stealth buggy. If targeting is supposed to drop when a stealthed unit is more than 5 yards away, why are people getting knocked out of stealth by targeted abilities from over 20 yards away? I'm not exaggerating or anything--I can tell how far I am because I'm usually keeping a close eye on cyclone or shadowstep's range. It's not just the detection taking too long to drop after you get close either--I have been repeatedly charged or scattered out of stealth from those spells' max range right at the start of arena games. It doesn't happen often, but stealth is definitely unreliable and I'm certain it isn't working as intended.

That's why I'm calling stealth buggy. If targeting is supposed to drop when a stealthed unit is more than 5 yards away, why are people getting knocked out of stealth by targeted abilities from over 20 yards away? I'm not exaggerating or anything--I can tell how far I am because I'm usually keeping a close eye on cyclone or shadowstep's range. It's not just the detection taking too long to drop after you get close either--I have been repeatedly charged or scattered out of stealth from those spells' max range right at the start of arena games. It doesn't happen often, but stealth is definitely unreliable and I'm certain it isn't working as intended.
    stealth tracking + not moving behind the enemy after getting seen + latency = 20 yard stealth break

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    stealth tracking + not moving behind the enemy after getting seen + latency = 20 yard stealth break
    No, I mean I come out of the arena gates, move towards the enemy team, and get picked out of stealth by a unit-targeted ability before I'm even near them. I'm not lingering in detection range--I'm being attacked more than 20 yards away without having been any closer to that target. Again it's actually pretty rare that this happens, but it's still happened several times. It could certainly be latency-related, but regardless stealth has some problems.

No, I mean I come out of the arena gates, move towards the enemy team, and get picked out of stealth by a unit-targeted ability before I'm even near them. I'm not lingering in detection range--I'm being attacked more than 20 yards away without having been any closer to that target. Again it's actually pretty rare that this happens, but it's still happened several times. It could certainly be latency-related, but regardless stealth has some problems.
    Maybe they're hacking.

Deleted
    I feel the same about rogues too

Deleted
    Stealth is worse than ever this expansion, i'm having an easier time finding rogues than ferals, though.