Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I didn't attend a school that could be "locked down". So, kinda pointless there.
    In my school they just put a padlock on the main gate during school hours.

Pretty messed up

I had several of these when I was in school, in Canada yet. Only difference was there were no gun shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're called Lockdown Drills. I was doing them in Highschool 9 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    In my school they just put a padlock on the main gate during school hours.
    In my school I had the same, it's a bit sad that stuff like this even needs to be done.

The drill in Texas for all schools is shut off the lights and huddle in the corner of the classroom.

WHICH IS FUCKING STUPID.

I mean turn off the lights during a weekday which is obvious school hours and stack everyone up so the killer can get a kill streak.

What it should be is have a heavy and swingable object by the door and get ready to bash someones skull in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    The drill in Texas for all schools is shut off the lights and huddle in the corner of the classroom.

WHICH IS FUCKING STUPID.

I mean turn off the lights during a weekday which is obvious school hours and stack everyone up so the killer can get a kill streak.

What it should be is have a heavy and swingable object by the door and get ready to bash someones skull in.
    When the hell was that implemented? We never had that when i went to school

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    That was a bit depressing to read.
    Was it really ?

10+ Year Old Account
    during my high school years they started instituting school shooting/bomb evacuation drills because every year some kid calls in a bomb threat because they think its hilarious/or they are mad at a teacher or some dumb stuff like that. and it turns out to be fake.....none the less the bomb squad gets called each and every time and each and every year we spend a couple hours milling around in the middle school auditorium before being told we are being sent home for the day.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Really don't think this is going to do anything helpful. Maybe the intent is there, but even if the kids took it seriously, which I'm sure most of them didn't, it's really not going to be anything like the real deal, when some asshole bursts into your classroom and you have 2 seconds to figure out wtf is going on and 'follow the procedure' before you get shot. When people know it's fake, I don't see 'fear training' really working in, the kids probably think it's exciting because it's time in school not doing work.

We can make as many gun laws as we'd like here in the United States, it's not going to change anything, it's too late for that. Fuck, if every gun ever made magically disappeared, there would still be nutbags going around killing people. In fact, the Columbine jackasses had a homemade bomb in the cafeteria that failed to go off that would have killed a lot more people if it had (their other bomb worked that served as a distraction so it's within reason that it could have worked, but it didn't fortunately). The gun is just the most...convenient way of killing people easily, but the planning these idiots do to me means they could make a plan to do it without guns just as easily.

This shit didn't happen regularly before about 15 years ago, yeah there were a few cases but now we're getting a shooting every other month with at least one major one a year. And when my dad went to school in the late 60s/early 70's, they even had a gun club at school, you could bring your gun to school and put it in your locker and no one gave a crap. And this was in a nice town in the middle of one of the most liberal states there is, not talking about redneckville here. The problem IMHO is ultimately people failing miserably at raising children they shouldn't have had. There really isn't any easy solution for weaving out inferior human beings that think it's a great idea to kill a bunch of people that have nothing to do with anything before killing themselves, if they even do us the favor of doing that.

Most kids know what smoke smells like, but not what gunshots sound like. Not saying I condone this type of garbage, but I can see their reasons for shooting blanks. Helps them recognize what a gun shot sounds like instead of a bang from science lab or something. Then again, it is Chicago, so they probably already know what shots sound like...
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a teacher in a suburb in Ohio. Our policy is to NOT to do lockdown drills/intruder drills with the students. The idea is that many cases the dangerous individual is familiar with the school's procedures during a drill. The idea of practicing a drill is, in the opinion of my district, training the bad guys.

We have a lengthy discussion each year before the first day of school about the latest ideas and strategies to get kids to safety, and have a drill sans kids. Since our school is completely on the ground level we check windows to make sure they aren't jammed and some even climb out to get an understanding of what to do.

The general idea is to get the kids out and just run like hell. Out the windows, hallway, whatever. Do not huddle in a corner or hide. Try to block the door as you escape. No one knows how they would react or how the situation will occur.

Couple of other points: Most of the mass shootings have not taken place in inner-city schools. And yes it is true that you open the door to no one. Unfortunately if a student is in the restroom when an incident occurs he or she is on their own. Hopefully they find an adult and get out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kids are so frail these days. My mom made me walk my ass to school in the middle of this shit (barefoot in the snow 5 miles each way of course).

688. Anti-terror drill - bizarre coincidence (9/29/2011)

In big plot, the Feds used to organize a similar exercise too, to assure its success.
    In 7/22/2011 Norway terror attack:
    Norwegian Police Confirm Drill Identical to Breivik’s Attack
    • Kurt Nimmo
    Infowars.com August 26, 2011

The Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten reports today police sources have confirmed that hours before Anders Behring Breivik launched his deadly attack at a political summer camp on Utøya island on July 22, police had conducted a drill for a “practically identical scenario.”

“Sources within the top level management of the police in Oslo have confirmed to Aftenposten that the drill finished at 15:00 that same Friday,” the newspaper reports. “All of the officers from the anti-terror unit that later took part at the bombsite at the government buildings and went out to Utøya to apprehend Anders Behring Breivik had been training on the exact same scenario earlier the same day and in the days preceding,” writes Andreas Bakke Foss.

The bomb attributed to Breivik went off only 26 minutes after the anti-terror drill finished, according to officials.
    http://www.infowars.com/norwegian-po...eiviks-attack/
    In 7/7/2005 London bombing: (The plot known with Hurricane Katrina, ended on 9/24/2005)

7/7 Mock Terror Drill: What Relationship to the Real Time Terror Attacks?
    by Michel Chossudovsky August 8, 2005
    A fictional "scenario" of multiple bomb attacks on London's underground took place at exactly the same time as the bomb attack on July 7, 2005.
    Peter Power, Managing Director of Visor Consultants, a private firm on contract to the London Metropolitan Police, described in a BBC interview how he had organized and conducted the anti-terror drill, on behalf of an unnamed business client.
    The fictional scenario was based on simultaneous bombs going off at exactly the same time at the underground stations where the real attacks were occurring:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...ext=va&aid=821
    In famous 911/2001 terror attack:

Was the NRO's 9/11 Drill Just a Coincidence?

Posted By: ChristopherBollyn Date: Friday, 1-Nov-2002 16:24:12

U.S. SPY Satellite Agency’s Mock 9/11 Drill Exposes Administration Lies
    By Christopher Bollyn
    American Free Press

The NRO, which works closely with the Dept. of Defense and CIA, had planned a simulated exercise in which a small jet “crashes” into one of the four towers at the agency's headquarters on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. The government said it was a “bizarre coincidence” that one of the most important U.S. intelligence agencies had planned a mock plane-into-building crash on Sept. 11, according to the Associated Press who reported the story on August 22.

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin...cgi?read=25255
    All those drills were identical to the coming "terror attack" and happened at same time at same place. They played mission to cover up the main attack. In case the perpetrators were found by the security guard at the site, they would pass the security check by disguising as part of the exercise. Here is how it interrupted the air defense:

9/11 War Games
    paralysis of air defenses to ensure the attack succeeded?

"Is this real world or an exercise?" Col. Robert K. Marr Jr. Northeast
    Air Defense Sector.

simulation of a plane crash into the NRO headquarters (near Dulles Airport, Virginia) - this was not a "terrorism" exercise but it did result in the evacuation of most NRO employees just as the "real" 9/11 was taking place, making it more difficult for the nation's spy satellites to be used to track the hijacked planes

The publicly available mass media articles about these exercises state that they were similar enough to the actual events that top NORAD personnel were confused, not sure if 9/11 was "part of the drill" or a real world event.

http://www.oilempire.us/wargames.html
    Since 911, the “bizarre coincidence" becomes routine job.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Chicago of all places, this is probably entirely justifiable.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    How sad that it has come to that, the USA is no longer land of the free.
    Really? Its a code red lockdown drill, same thing thats been practiced for years. Code red doesnt just encompass a armed person on school campus, it is also used for things such as if a suspect is being searched for in the vicinity of a school even if the crime has nothing to do with the school.

A code red is basically just locking all doors on campus, and kids are not allowed passes around the hall at that time. Dont see how that revokes the title of a free country lol.

The firing of blanks is weird though, never heard of that before, so maybe that area is a more crime filled area.

15+ Year Old Account
    My school has tornado drills, so what? People are now hating being prepared?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My school has tornado drills, so what? People are now hating being prepared?
    Oh come on... not much you can do about the weather, but there are a hell of a lot things you can do to prevent some guy running around shooting kids every other week.

The schools always have us practice for a shooter in the class room. Any crazed gun man with a brain, assuming hes trying to kill as many people as possible would wait until everyone was out of class and crowed around 1 area. (lunch time)

There was a drill in Sandy Hook that day.

“We Were Having A Drill”: Sandy Hook 3rd Grader Spills The Beans – From The Mouths Of Babes Comes The Truth
    Saturday, February 9, 2013

One very recent comment from the video on YouTube:

Wow. If you watch carefully, you will see that after the kid says "When we were having a drill, we were hiding under, like...," his mother (the woman sitting next to him in the black sweater) nudges him with her arm, his body moves slightly in response, and his eyes quickly dart towards her, then back again. Then, Dr. Oz immediately taps him on the shoulder and quickly changes the subject, so the kid doesn't say anything more about it being a drill. From the mouths of babes comes the truth

http://beforeitsnews.com/blogging-ci...h-2445398.html