Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I´m 88lvl - HOW TO DO 90 FAST?

Hello,

xping is very painful for me, I really don´t enjoy that because I´m pure pvp aimed but I need to reach lvl 90. I managed to do 3 lvls in dungeons. I took over 15hours , maybe over 20...
    Is there any way how to do the last 2 lvls quickly? I found some glitches on youtube but it´s already fixed.
    What about xping in BG´s? Is it slow? I don´t want to run around the world and do quests like: kill 15 monkeys, collect 8 bottles and heal 5 almost dead pandas. It would kill me.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Just go quest dude.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Well, dungeons arent very efficient for levelling purely by themselves. The usual optimum levelling is to do each dungeon and its asociated quests once while levelling as its a nice xp boost, but pure dungeon 'grinding' is waaaay slower.

wo be honest though, 15 hours from 85 to 88 isnt terribly slow if its your first time, thats just how long it takes man.

I highly recommend questing, particularly as if you've not started the quests, you'll blitz through the first zone or two with a couple of level advantage. I've levelled 5 characters to 90 now, on my first go I think i averaged about 4 hours a level reading quest text and being all 'oooh its neeew' and stuff, my other characters, 2-3 hours a level each level. If i had a level 88 i wanted to get to 90, i'd grab some snacks & refreshments and maybe 3 or 4 films on a playlist and just get it done in an evening, if you know the quests and can do them with one eye may as well watch a movie with the other, thats how i spend most of my playtime anyway unless i'm raiding tbh. If you dont know the quests its a little longer but its still fun and enjoyable, i mean yeah you want to pvp but surely you just enjoy the whole warcraft lore/environment too?

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by mmoc325c62f064; 2013-02-02 at 02:04 AM.

Just vary your leveling between quests and the odd random BG. If the BG is one where it seems like exp will be slow and the game will turtle (AV, for example) or is going to take ages to resolve (WSG with both teams grabbing the flag and it seems unlikely either side will cap) just bail and quest for 15 minutes.

I found on my shammy (my 5th 90) that I'd generally get at least 1 mill exp per win, not counting exp gained from kills or objectives, depending on the BG.

if AV or IoC are the holiday BGs tho, just focus on them. You don't usually gets a turtle for a holiday AV in leveling brackets, but sometimes you will get a team that loses their minds and will turtle it up.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Your best bet for leveling of course is to grind BoAs through Archaelogy and the random items found through the world. Furthermore, purchasing items with 450+ item level with lower required levels will help immensely. Good advice for secondary toons...

If this is your first toon the first thing you want to do is get to then ext zone as fast as possible. Once you hit 86 go to Krasarang, I find Valley to be filled with painful "story" quests that gobble up too much time. As soon as you hit 87 to Kunlai, 88 to Townlong, and 89 to Dreadwastes.

I would skip dungeons entirely. If you enjoy PvP it wont hurt to Queue up while you're questing. Make no mistake though, this is not speeding anything up - it's purpose is to break up the monotony of questing. When you level, get to the next zone...don't waste time if you don't know where to go look it up in advance. All zones start in one place and expand throughout the whole zone so each place has a starting hub. Each zone will offer more exp and higher item level items, speeding your process up.

10+ Year Old Account
    you could quest, or you could just do bgs lol
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Deleted
    Uh do your quests ...

Deleted
    Go kill boars around Goldshire...there is a bug in that zone that makes them keep rewarding xp from 1 to max level. This bug/exploit is shown in the episode of South Park "Make love not warcraft"

Yes, it was worth it.

Just quest till ur hearts content. Takes 3.5 hrs 89-90 easy as.

10+ Year Old Account
    You pvp? do the CTA BG, esp AV/IoC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

BG's are really aggravating when you have a losing streak due to the very little xp you will get. My usual strategy is first to do the two instances for insta gear from the dungeon quests, then quest like crazy to 87 then do all the new instance's quests, then finish up zone hopping with each level.

15+ Year Old Account
    visiting all the Lunar elders is ~8m XP, Dungeons tend to run 1-1.5m per run, quests tend to be about 3-500k (mob xp included). Take your pick
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

u should herb to 90. think about how many herbs u can pickup. each herb gives u 15k exp..and theres literly like 1000 in the jade forest.. thats 15m experience just in an hour.. u should also mine to 90.. thats another 15m experience.. yup that'll get u to 90.

on a more serious side. just quest at townlong steppes at 88.. i did 87-90 in around 9 hours so 88-90 could take roughly 3-4 if you dont know where to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefort View Post
    I found some glitches on youtube but it´s already fixed.

Any help is appreciated
    Don't cheat. Do it the right way and the rewards will be worthwhile. Cheat and well, you're nothing but a cheater.
    88, you should be finishing Kun-Lai and heading into Townlong Steppes. Quest a bit, bg a bit and dungeon a bit...

But don't cheat.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Questing its the fastest way to gain XP.

Stop being lazy and do what everyone else (barring a minority) has done and quest to cap.

Well the OP hasn't replied to any of these comments so I think see any point in leaving this thread open.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I loathe questing and have pretty much always avoided it. All of my level 90s have come during the AV CTA where I just grind AVs. It's only even close to efficient if you're Alliance though, Horde don't win enough games in that bracket to make it worth doing.

Edit: Does anyone know if there's an equivalent BG CTA xp grinding wise for Horde? Just curious.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Questing its the fastest way to gain XP.

Stop being lazy and do what everyone else (barring a minority) has done and quest to cap.
    Does it actually matter that much to you how someone earned their xp? Everyone at 90 earned the same amount, regardless of how they got it. I don't see how choosing or desiring a different path equals lazy. Many people don't like questing and have every right to have an opinion/preference.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-02-02 at 10:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefort View Post
    xping is very painful for me, I really don´t enjoy that because I´m pure pvp aimed but I need to reach lvl 90.
    In that case, why not just BG your way to 90? BGs have given XP for years..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Rack up all the quests you can find in one zone, queue up for random dungeons, put on some good music you like and start questing.
    You'll be 90 at the end of the day.

Deleted
    Thank you guys for your advice.
    The strategy is to do BG´s + Q´s in Townlong while in queue. Based on what you said, this could work.