Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    What boss in AQ40 was hard? C'thun? If that boss was added today, never seen before, it would be killed day 1.
    Dude you gotta see bosses in the perspective of the time and available skills. You didn't have that many skills to make a difference. Also the raid was a 40 man which also meant more possibilities to fuckups. If you raided C'thun then you'd know that it was hard. Nowadays such a boss wouldn't even get off the drawing board. I mean "Firefighter" now would also just be an easy rollover boss aswell right? Take the things in perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    There aren't any cpu's or graphics cards that could handle a 40 man raid by today's standards. No matter what your system is if you're set to ultra settings you're probably getting some pretty bad fps drains in 25 man, let alone 40 man.
    Tell this to those who visit old raids for fun with 30-40 ppl. I have no FPS problem on ultra and max-res, neither i have latency issues.
    Not at all a problem.

TBH i see no prbolem with a raid which can not fit in regular 10 or 25 man guild schedule. So what if there's a raid which is optional and is not intended to be something you do ONLY with your static raid or guild?
    For example, Galleon, as it is now = optional, for those who do not mind spending days and weeks searching for him, who don't mind all the lags with like 400 ppl gathering at respawn point when time comes. I've only killed him once, but i don't cry that some others kill him every CD.

What we REALLY need in wow is a 3-day lockout raid like ZA, wich does not really fit into what we do with our guilds. Failed your lockout with some noobs? not a big deal, wait 3 days and find others.
    The same goes for 40 ppl raid

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind larger (Not AQ40 size, I hate it taking 5 minutes to run from the entrance to end while mounted) as long as they don't make it inconvenient like HoF or MSV. If the time it takes to walk from one encounter area to the next is more than 20-30 seconds then I don't like it, it feels like a chore then and just bores me (I make lots of mistakes when bored so it rather sucks if the layout of the raid itself bores me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throne of Thunder looks pretty hefty. I just hope there's enough interesting decorations and props around the place so it looks like an actual lived-in fortress with stuff going on, rather than just loads of empty hallways.

we should get a raid that is the size of Kalimdor with over 350 bosses and with each boss having a huge attunement quest chain of epic proportions
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2013-02-01 at 09:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Tell this to those who visit old raids for fun with 30-40 ppl.
    Missed the part about "by today's standards", didn't you?

ToT looks pretty massive. Just the cave area alone where Megaera is looks enormous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Throne of Thunder looks pretty hefty. I just hope there's enough interesting decorations and props around the place so it looks like an actual lived-in fortress with stuff going on, rather than just loads of empty hallways.
    I agree on this point, this should be standard for raids (and dungeons) in general.

Heart of fear and similar places "look" cool, but they're just kind of... there. They have no meaningful props, no chambers, no "rooms"... Bastion of Twilight, Tempest keep, and almost all of the Burning Crusade dungeons had this same problem. Just empty hallways and giant empty boss fight rooms.

I also think it's important to make the raids non-linear. Make each "wing" feel diverse from the other. If blizzard were to indeed go back to "giant" raids, they shouldn't all be "inside" with one "on a balcony" thing... they should have massive outdoor sections, and diversified indoor sections as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Tell this to those who visit old raids for fun with 30-40 ppl. I have no FPS problem on ultra and max-res, neither i have latency issues.
    Not at all a problem.

The same goes for 40 ppl raid
    All raids aren't of equal quality and definition especially with the lack of high poly textures and effects in older raids compared to newer ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    All raids aren't of equal quality and definition especially with the lack of high poly textures and effects in older raids compared to newer ones.
    Anyway as long as i have no(at all) lags during most of intense fights of current content in 25 then 40 is not at all a problem too. (who cares if it's not 60+ fps but 35?)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Dragon Soul and Firelands were both pretty big, but actually epic not. The only raid to do that since Classic was Ulduar or maybe Icecrown.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Blizzard's Facebook page, the upcoming raid in 5.2 will be the biggest in WoW history. So, like, yeah. Sweet stuff.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Just did kara for the first time a couple weeks back and NO, just no.

Way to big, and doesn't create more of an epic feeling, i thought icc was way cooler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That shows the crux of the matter. People want giant size because it is epic but then they want to fly and teleport in it. But doesn't that make it less epic because it makes distances inconsequental?
    I daresay Ulduar was larger than AQ 40... the grand approach segment alone would make up for most of it... tack on the actual raid and the rocket tram segment, and you've easily got the largest raid in WoW history.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Just did kara for the first time a couple weeks back and NO, just no.

Way to big, and doesn't create more of an epic feeling, i thought icc was way cooler
    Uh ?
    Kara is not big at all ... in my opinion, Kara have a little map ...

Honestly, I wouldnt mind a big raid as long as there will be teleportations to other wings and not as many trash as say, AQ40 or Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Uh ?
    Kara is not big at all ... in my opinion, Kara have a little map ...
    I agree, it is a small map. Probably feels larger to him because newbies tend to get lost in there due to the way it is setup, its not linear with specific wings like ICC.