Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    pfffttt please, this is hardly soul destroying. Game wise that is. Lets not get into real soul destroying stuff like surviving horrific events (cause someone is going to seriously bring that up as a point of contest)

i was there getting argent rep in vanilla, THAT was potentially soul destroying. Getting the winterspring tiger then? THAT was soul destroying.

Seriously if we compare how fast we gear up now to how fast we geared up then, without all these alternative sources for gear, i just mean raiding, we still gear up faster now by many magnitudes.

Plus RNG is RNG. Our recent bench tank geared up in a week and our bench healer took 3 weeks.

Have you seen how often we get a drop we want in normal? Its still RNG, just that LFR does it different so we bitch about it.

Personally i dont mind the wipe buff, it is meaningless to me, why should i be bothered by it? Its for bads and if iam in a LFR with an unfortunately higher proportion of bads than usual, it may save me from them.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-02 at 11:54 AM.

the biggest problem about the loot system is that you don't open the boss loot and see what dropped. so it feels like the boss didn't drop anything at all, and you feel like you're doing something pointless.

to fix it, they should just add some consolation prizes to the failbag.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the biggest problem about the loot system is that you don't open the boss loot and see what dropped. so it feels like the boss didn't drop anything at all, and you feel like you're doing something pointless.
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    to fix it, they should just add some consolation prizes to the failbag.
    They already plan to do that next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prefer this loot system over the horrible Dragon Soul one, I continue to say it time & time again. People want easy loots & complain when they can't get them.

5.2 the drop rate is suppose to increase, but RNG is RNG & for the last 2 expansions people have been spoiled & had everything handed to them.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    all qq'ers about RNG in LFR should be send back in time and play a balance druid in WoW Classic....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    all qq'ers about RNG in LFR should be send back in time and play a balance druid in WoW Classic....
    balance druids in vanilla? never heard of them
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I don't believe the O.P. No drops in 4 week of 16 bosses? What you mean is that you haven't gotten an recent drops that are better that your gear from previous runs and pugging normal. LFR isn't a bottomless pit of gear. The other post that claims to have done 8 weeks of bosses and only one piece is even less credible. That's 128 rolls @ 0.15 chance should have produced about 20 pieces of gear.

I would actually like to get gold instead of getting Fist-weapons(I'm assassination rogue) and tier items that I don't really need. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Prefer this loot system over the horrible Dragon Soul one, I continue to say it time & time again. People want easy loots & complain when they can't get them. 5.2 the drop rate is suppose to increase, but RNG is RNG & for the last 2 expansions people have been spoiled & had everything handed to them.
    Agreed. Dragon Soul LFR seemed better to some because guilds were literally taking gear from other members of the raid and giving them to their mates. For lone wolves, like myself, I rarely saw gear.

Quote Originally Posted by HonestJohn View Post
    For the last 4 weeks runing all the LFR's I have had zero drops. Now I know im not alone as im sure
    a lot of fellow gamers have had the same luck.
    Now it's really getting to the stage where i think why bother ?
    I dont have any coins to roll as i refuse to be tied to dailies again.
    TBH my gears not bad as I run a casual raid group but do need a few bits and pieces.
    Should I bite the bullet and start dailies for coins ?
    Or am I just an unlucky son of a bitch lol
    Anyone else feeling soul destroyed ?
    I'm in a bit of a similar situation but only that I'm doing normals/some HC. If you are unlucky, you will be unlucky whatever you do.
    I like having gear even if we're playing pretty casual so I had coins every week since MoP came out. That's 42~ish coins or 39.
    I killed a total of 35 heroic bosses and used a coin on almost all of them. I only got 1 piece of gear from LFR and 1 piece of gear from coins (The shoulders are from a coin used in LFR). I got no Heroic item except for the belt this week and that was a drop, our first cloth DPS drop, that no one wanted. I swear to got 80% of our Heroic loot was Leather Agi and Healing Plate that no one in our set-up uses.

Also... the belt is the first item I get since November . So no, coins won't help you with shitty luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    I don't believe the O.P. No drops in 4 week of 16 bosses? What you mean is that you haven't gotten an recent drops that are better that your gear from previous runs and pugging normal. LFR isn't a bottomless pit of gear. The other post that claims to have done 8 weeks of bosses and only one piece is even less credible. That's 128 rolls @ 0.15 chance should have produced about 20 pieces of gear.
    You should believe it. I have had pretty bad luck in lfr, haven't done the math, but I've gone weeks without getting one item. PLUS I was doing dailies for extra rolls, and still not getting anything from extra rolls, from lfr AND my regular raid.

There is a mage in my guild that has raided since raids went live, and has just replaced Vision of the Predator( from Gate of the Setting Sun) trinket with Light of the Cosmos(from heroic Elegon). He was doing dailies, and using coins on our raid nights plus lfr. The trinket never dropped off Elegon and neither did the trinket off Sha in Terrace.

Now I don't know how blizz would even begin to fix issues like that. Rng is rng trully, but it sure is frustrating to alot of people who play.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Same as before.

In fact, now it's better.

Because before this system you would wait 3 weeks for a damn loot only to see how someonw with it's HC version would win it for his friend ^^
    Now at least you win or none does. Fair.
    What are you talking about? Someone with the heroic version of the weapon you want can still win it. They can still let everyone know, only now they can't give it to anyone, and purely by being there, their role on it is mandatory. It's not "better" at all, it's telling you ignorance is bliss so you shut up and keep subbed.

Also, people who suggest raid finder is not for gearing need to shut the hell up. It's very clearly been put in place as a gear progression system for non-raiders, and a gear supplement system for raiders. Given the new loot allocation system is random, and is by design made to be performed by different random groups each time, the loot drop chances should be at least double that of a normal raid. None of this rubbish where Blizzard themselves acknowledge it's possible for a boss to fall without anyone winning anything (I don't think you'll find people run RF for gold, given time for return involved, it would be a terrible idea).
    Last edited by Ryve; 2013-02-02 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Would you rather roll against 10 others? Most of them Needing on stuff they already have?
    That doesn't make the new system better. It just means they're both horrible flawed.

Saying RNG is RNG is the lamest most absurd excuse in the universe. This game isn't diablo or poe. If I wanted that I'd go play those games. I don't want to be stuck behind a wall of bad luck getting nothing for weeks on end. At least in the old system their was a POSSIBILITY that some kind soul would take pity on my and either pass it to me or let me buy if off them.

Hey look, it's this thread again.

I understand RNG but understanding still does not make abysmal drop rates any more palatable.

I have four toons that for the past three weeks have not received ANY loot. 192 boss kills and yeah yeah RNG blah blah...but damn.

So I've just come to accept it as a 456gold (per character) farm run each week so I end up with 1,824gold each week. I don't even expect any gear anymore (if only I could believe it). *sigh*

There is nothing wrong with the loot system in principle, it's in fact way better than the old one. The problem is just the horribly low droprates, I feel like gearing up alts in lfr was alot quicker in DS with the old system.

For the moment I'm done with it, it started to feel like a big waste of time. So for now I'm doing other stuff ingame and I'll get those chars geared in 5.2 with the increased droprates.

Yeah my luck is just as rotten for my main. I've done LFR MSV 11 times so far and all I have to show for it is a ring, a cloak, a neck and a boatload of useless sigils >_<;; I've only done HoF LFR once and got nothing out of there but I hate that raid and the queues are always huge even for healers so I can't complain about that raid and I was surprised that my first ToES run I got a tier shoulder token... since then however I've gone back to my usual rotten luck, only it's getting worse as I don't even get sigils anymore :/ so I have heaps of one type and only 1 of the other... bleeh. As my MSV loot luck is so awful it was going to be 5.2 before I saw the other raids so I just bit the bullet and got myself some crafted epics to bump up my ilevel. Getting gold wouldn't be AS bad if it were a decent amount. But the pathetic 30g is like a slap in the face when you do LFR for weeks and it's all you get >_<

Sha on the other hand is a completely different story. Not once has he given me anything but his crappy cache of gold -_-
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2013-02-02 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Agreed. Dragon Soul LFR seemed better to some because guilds were literally taking gear from other members of the raid and giving them to their mates. For lone wolves, like myself, I rarely saw gear.
    The current LFR loot system changes absolutely nothing for lone wolves. It's just like the old system if you were blind to everyone else's roll choice.