Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you've tried the game and had a hard time adjusting or are interested in trying it for the first time feel free to contact me. I definitely don't mind giving a rookie training course about the game to get you started and how things work ^^

It's tough to get into this game due to the huge learning curve, especially by yourself. But at the same time it's what makes the game great, if you can get through it.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Man I wish I could like this game. I think I've tried at least a dozen times but could never get into it. Things like that huge battle make me envious.
    EVE takes time. there is ZERO instant gratification, like all other MMOs drown you in.

Check your ADHD at the door, relax, and have a little determination. You'll be fine after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Man I wish I could like this game. I think I've tried at least a dozen times but could never get into it. Things like that huge battle make me envious.
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    EVE takes time. there is ZERO instant gratification, like all other MMOs drown you in.

Check your ADHD at the door, relax, and have a little determination. You'll be fine after that.
    I always say Eve is a game bested coupled with another game. Its hard, unless your really into Eve, to only play Eve and spend hours only playing Eve. I generally play Eve and bounce around other MMO's because even when Im playing another game Im still progressing in Eve.

Another thing is you NEED to find a good corp unless you want to go lone pirate. Corps will help show you the ropes, get you in touch with the game universe, and provide the social interaction needed to really make this game fun.

Minecraft is a good companion game for EVE. Even more so when you're mining.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    do u get money for pvp ? i mean all that loses counting and stuff, is it like the more u kill u the more isk u get ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    do u get money for pvp ? i mean all that loses counting and stuff, is it like the more u kill u the more isk u get ?
    You can sometimes get loot from the wrecks of other players. If they have a bounty pool on them, you can earn a chunk of that as well.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Minecraft is a good companion game for EVE. Even more so when you're mining.
    Just started dabbling in that, I love that I can play both at the same time without stressing my system.

Straight up PvP is not really going to make you much money, exploiting PvP will. For instance its very common for pirates to ask for a ransom you can pay to save your ship. Or you can fly out to low/null with a crappy ship and prepared for a pod kill, find someone to blow you up and sell the kill rights.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Or you can fly out to low/null with a crappy ship and prepared for a pod kill, find someone to blow you up and sell the kill rights.
    Pod kills in null don't give kill rights, and this is not profitable anyway.
    Profitable pvp is either suicide ganking or pirating. Nothing even comes close to trading though.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-02 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i asked if u get money for pvp i meant this: there are 2 corps fighting in a solar system. corp1 takes 10bilion loss and the corp2 takes 5 billion loss. doest that mean corp2 gets 10b isk and corp1 gets 5bisk ?

when i asked if u get money for pvp i meant this: there are 2 corps fighting in a solar system. corp1 takes 10bilion loss and the corp2 takes 5 billion loss. doest that mean corp2 gets 10b isk and corp1 gets 5bisk ?
    Not really. Let's say that a ship costs 100 million and has another 100 million in modules. Each module has a 50% chance of dropping, so you will get on average 50 million from this situation.
    Of course, sometimes you have an 1 million ship with 10 million in modules or a 100 million ship with 50 million in modules.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-02 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok so basically u can get money if u sell something u looted. but no money at all from just destroying hulls right ?

ok so basically u can get money if u sell something u looted. but no money at all from just destroying hulls right ?
    Correct. Only PVE give you money from killing ships directly, not pvp.

Edit: Also, PVP is generally a rather poor way to make money (except suicideganking), at least if you are a fan of exciting fights, and not just pure ganks. Supporting pvp habits with a (few, if needed) trade alt, research alt, industry alt, PVE/ratting/mission alt (or main ofc) is highly recommended.
    Last edited by Appren; 2013-02-02 at 10:28 PM.

The owner of the destroyed ship gets some ISK if they insured it. But due to the way the insurance system works, the best and most expensive ships get almost no insurance.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always salvage the wreckage, if it was a Tech 2/3 ship you make a nice bit of money from reselling the scrap.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    This PL hotdrop caused players in DUST514 to crash.
    http://i.imgur.com/5mDPPUI.jpg

400 capitals on field.
    Haven't touched EVE in years, but this view is astonishing, care to explain what was happening?

I have tried EVE a few times but I always got put off by the stupid skill system and the maximum of 8 weapon slots per ship
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    Haven't touched EVE in years, but this view is astonishing, care to explain what was happening?
    This
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20003664

and also a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTQHv0FrgrE

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    Not sure about the details (I've lost my Pandemic Legion forum access after I went inactive and quit playing), but appears to be a rather huge hot drop. Lots of ships, in this case capitals that jump in on an unsuspecting enemy via cyno and (for subcapitals) titan bridge. I'll have to say that 400 capitals is rather big though, certainly bigger than most hot drops were back when I was in PL/Snigg.

It looks really amazing haha, just re subbed Eve See you in game ^^

Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    I have tried EVE a few times but I always got put off by the stupid skill system and the maximum of 8 weapon slots per ship
    The skill system is the best thing ever created in a MMO.
    In other MMOs you spend time grinding your level up, then grinding your gear up, then grinding your reputation up. At some point you max out everything and then start another character and go through the exact same thing. And then a new patch or an expansion comes, a new level cap is released and your gear is useless. You have to spend an absurd amount of time getting your characters to a playable state again. And nobody cares what you achieved in the past. All of your previous progress is useless, except for bragging rights.
    In EvE all of this is different. You progress not through grinding but through training in real time. You could be away for weeks and months and your character is still "leveling up". There is no skill points cap, but that doesn't mean that the veteran characters are overpowered. You train for specific roles in the game (tackler, sniper, etc). The difference between the relatively new players (4-5 months) and the veterans (4-5 years) is that the new players can take one or two roles extremely well with a select few ships, while the veterans can take tens of different roles with tens of different ships. All of this means that you can learn to fly one ship quite fast and have a lot of fun with it, and be competitive with the veterans flying the same ship. You can also never get bored with the game, since there are so many different roles and exciting ships you can learn to fly.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-03 at 12:38 PM.