Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unhappy some advice would be appreciated...

Long story short.
    I am at my 1st year at university.Im studying law.During those first 6 months there was a group of people that approached me.I never quite got to call them friends.No.They were just a gang of people for time to pass by while studying at uni.I didn't want to hang out with them due to some...let's just say differences.But,to me,those differences were huge
    .Now,some of you will wonder<<then how did you hang out with them at all>>.I think I made my intentions clear to them from day 1.Never have I gone out with them,usually I try to avoid them as much as poss out of uni.I just wanted a little gang while inside uni's 4 walls to feel like time's passing a bit faster.
    I know it doesnt sound very...moraly correct to some but I just felt the need to belong somewhere.I need to add that im dealing with depression 8 years now.Nope,im not using this as an excuse,im just trying to add to the fact that I needed some company...
    Anyway,few days ago I discovered that they were backstabbing me.Not that much shocked from learning that tbh.Anyway,that motivated me to get out of this group of people.
    Now this is where the problems begin....They approached me today,ready for a fight,with an attitude like <<Noone gets away from us like that>>.That's how I it seemed to me.I managed to somehow avoid to fight but we're on the same uni,we will meet again soon,intentionaly or not.
    What am I supposed to do?How can I get out of this sick situation?

Kind of panicked atm,I have to admit..

Complain to your dean and they'll be expelled.

I'm curious, what are these differences? I'm always curious about how they back stabbed you.

But this is the adult world, if they threaten you you can call the cops on them.

People threatening to fight at the university...sounds like folks getting an education they don't want on their parents paycheck. Like blue said, get them expelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    People threatening to fight at the university...sounds like folks getting an education they don't want on their parents paycheck. Like blue said, get them expelled.
    He's most probably from Europe where it's cheap or free. Doubt that's the issue.

Deleted
    That's what drives me crazy.We're at univeristy and right now I have flash backs of my High school damned life.

Blue,as far as the differences.For example.They all want to get laid.They talk about women CONTANTLY.Sometimes,they change their attention to music-this is the basic reason why I accepted their approach,due to similar tastes in music,sounds sily but music is my life-

Also,if I complain to the dean they will LITERALY burry me alive.

Well, if you don't want to go to the dean and you don't want to actually fight, your best bet will to just stay in crowded areas or make some new friends who have your back. Honestly if I was in your situation I would ignore them and if they tried anything I wouldn't let it be easy for them, but thats just me.

If you fear for your life, and that the dean/police will notify the gang of your anonymous complaint for them to kill you, you should pack your bags and flee to a country where crime isn't rampant.

Deleted
    This "gang", how many people are you talking about?

Are you sure they aren't just fucking around or being big-mouthed? tell they that you'll have them expelled if they threaten you again, and if they do, make sure to actually go complain to the dean. I don't know how serious they are and how cool etc., but that's probably a way to gain respect and have the back the fuck off. :P

Oh I thought they were doing drugs or something.

Don't let them bully you. Go to a police station and file a report, and if something happens they'll all go to jail. Or you could try to record what they do/say to you and then hand that in.

Why won't they let you just leave their group? Just stop showing up to hang out with them...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    That's what drives me crazy.We're at univeristy and right now I have flash backs of my High school damned life.

Blue,as far as the differences.For example.They all want to get laid.They talk about women CONTANTLY.Sometimes,they change their attention to music-this is the basic reason why I accepted their approach,due to similar tastes in music,sounds sily but music is my life-

Also,if I complain to the dean they will LITERALY burry me alive.
    You should have "dropped" them a long time ago then. You shouldn't be hanging out with people you don't identify yourself with, even if you got nothing else do that, which you do, like reading books, and so on.

As for your problem, if anything serious happens, remember that you have the police and the University's director and that.

And don't get "new" "friends" just to be safe because of these old "friends", you're just going to make everything worse.

Deleted
    Zyk,we're talkin about 5 people.And nope,they don't seem big mouthed...Not at all......

blue,I dont know!!!!I have no clue,I tried to get out peacefully and they were like <<Who the f you think you are to ditch us>>!

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You should have "dropped" them a long time ago then. You shouldn't be hanging out with people you don't identify yourself with, even if you got nothing else do that, which you do, like reading books, and so on.

As for your problem, if anything serious happens, remember that you have the police and the University's director and that.

And don't get "new" "friends" just to be safe because of these old "friends", you're just going to make everything worse.
    I did the biggest mistake of my life by trying to be a part of the mass.I regret that.And now I have to pay for that..

University gangs pisses off you won't hang out with them anymore, are they pissed that they won't have someone to sell black market textbooks and fake ID's? Sorry, but these guys sound laughable. They may be intimidating to you, but rest assured they are mouthy children who if cornered would cower and piss themselves like the cowards they are.

Stand your ground, don't give an inch and if you actually fear for your safety tell the cops or dean like people have suggested. But go with ammo, if the authority you approach has nothing to work with they'll have nothing but your word and it's difficult to expel or punish someone over that. Texts, emails, Facebook, witnesses. Key to ending a situation is to go in prepared and not draw it out.

As for retaliation, I doubt you have much to worry about. They seem like cowards and are likely more scared of being expelled and having mommy's disapproval than you are of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    As for retaliation, I doubt you have much to worry about. They seem like cowards and are likely more scared of being expelled and having mommy's disapproval than you are of them.
    If the op is from eastern europe, then this will not be the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    University gangs pisses off you won't hang out with them anymore, are they pissed that they won't have someone to sell black market textbooks and fake ID's? Sorry, but these guys sound laughable. They may be intimidating to you, but rest assured they are mouthy children who if cornered would cower and piss themselves like the cowards they are.

Stand your ground, don't give an inch and if you actually fear for your safety tell the cops or dean like people have suggested. But go with ammo, if the authority you approach has nothing to work with they'll have nothing but your word and it's difficult to expel or punish someone over that. Texts, emails, Facebook, witnesses. Key to ending a situation is to go in prepared and not draw it out.

I could argue that..They are rather....autonomists I could say,they dont seem to really care about disapprovals or expels...

You don't have to pay for anything. This isn't Highschool, there are actual serious repercussions for threatening someone. Tell on them.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 11:32 AM ----------

I could argue that..They are rather....autonomists I could say,they dont seem to really care about disapprovals or expels...
    They'll care if thy get notified or contacted by the Police.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrYaki View Post
    If the op is from eastern europe, then this will not be the case.
    In fact,Im greek....

Deleted
    Find the leader on his own and have private words with him. Shut up the mouthiest and the others soon fall into line.

In fact,Im greek....
    Well crap then. Just try your best to avoid any contact with them.

I just don't get it. You shouldn't have brought it up like "oh you guys suck I'm done hanging out with you." You should have stopped slowly and been quiet about it.

Just focus on your homework and stop meeting with them lol.

Honestly you probably have to be a man and stand up for yourself in one of these confrontations.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 02:49 PM ----------

Also, how did they approach you and ask you to join them?

Deleted
    You're studying law therefor avoid a fight at all cost for your own good. Talk to people... people with power like the dean, your mentor if you have one, the head of the school etc and they should help you. Ignoring them and avoiding them might work... but it may also make you look weak and they'll take advantage of that.

Just don't let yourself get hit. If they hit you and you're not a strong person yourself just grab whatever you can around you to defend yourself, you own safety always comes first.

Edit: what am i saying you're a law man, you know the law... if they fuck with you (touch you) or your property sue them if need be. I'd be more scared of being sued than getting a few punches to be honest.
    Last edited by mmocf470da16f3; 2013-02-02 at 07:54 PM.