Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If I had to guess, then yet I'd say there would be a slight drop. After a large influx, some people will not like a new expansion, and so some fraction will leave again.

I doubt there will be a catastrophic decline. But as I said, China is the wild card.
    This is kinda what I'm thinking to be honest.

There's either going to be a small increase, small decrease, or nothing's really changed.

But who knows what happened in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Personally I think the newness of Pandaria has faded off and subscriptions are going to be in decline. I predict 8.5million subs, that means 1.5million lost.
    You pull a big number, say it'll be a drop and give no reason other "I THINK" Newness wa faded. You ignore the fast pace on patching, the increased development on each one and such.No, you just drop a big number and doomsay.

Yeah, got the attention you needed from the world, can we move on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Well if it fell dramatically to like under 4-5M then there might be some impact on the game due to the lack of resources coming in. However even with that amount it wold still be bringing a lot.
    Yeah!! Like ALOT of empty servers!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We don't need a thread every few weeks for the same topic.
    With the financial reporting coming up later this week threads like this are inevitable and fine as long as there aren't multiples. Since I closed the other one that was mildly related to this topic a few hours ago <glares at certain people...you know who you are> this is fine. Forums are about, if nothing else, speculation, opinions and wild guesses.

Just don't insult one another and stay on topic. -ML [Front-Seat Mod]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-02 at 10:01 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7 million or lower

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should it really matter? Will you quit playing if the subscription numbers drop?

"There are fewer than ten million people playing WoW, therefore it is no longer cool to do so."

More importantly: Can I have your stuff?

And, for what it's worth: 500k drop. No more, no less, and most of those will come back for 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Why should it really matter? Will you quit playing if the subscription numbers drop?

"There are fewer than ten million people playing WoW, therefore it is no longer cool to do so."

And, for what it's worth: 500k drop. No more, no less, and most of those will come back for 5.2.
    Staffing, development, quality of content, game design changes

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post

Bro you have 1337 posts

10 million up to 10.5 million and if they keep pumping content out like they have promised us maybe 11million if you think the subs dropped this time don't make me laugh.Cata is the only REASON mop didn't sell big thats it it's still a success anyways blows cata out of the water!
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2013-02-02 at 10:34 PM.

You can't tell me what matters to me because I decide that myself, and one thing that matters to me is subscription base numbers.
    Can you explain why it matters to you?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Who cares seriously..people need to stop making threads like these.

Deleted
    Meh, if they do, they do if they dont, they dont

It's funny, when subscriptions rise, the fanbois create hundreds of "LOOK, NUMBERS ARE RISING, AWESOME!!!" threads and when they drop, they say that those numbers don't indicate anything and that it does not matter at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    It's funny, when subscriptions rise, the fanbois create hundreds of "LOOK, NUMBERS ARE RISING, AWESOME!!!" threads and when they drop, they say that those numbers don't indicate anything and that it does not matter at all.
    Hehe the irony, because when numbers go up, people dont say anything or dont even care. If they drop, everyone and thier mother goes insane and open up atleast 5 to 6 threads on that particular week. Then when the call is about to come again in a few months, the cycle repeats, this same thread pops every 3 / 4 months.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-02 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Hehe the irony, because when numbers go up, people dont say anything or dont even care. If they drop, everyone and thier mother goes insane and open up atleast 5 to 6 threads on that particular week. Then when the call is about to come again in a few months, the cycle repeats, this same thread pops every 3 / 4 months.
    2008: WoW had 10.000.000 subs.
    2008: the total MMO competition stood at 2.000.000 subscriptions..

2013: WoW stands around 10.000.000 subs. (no way this winter saw a drop)
    2013: the total MMO competition stands at 600.000 subscriptions, the rest went free to play and most are on life support.

Oh and of those 600k subscribers above almost 500k come from EvE, a NON fantasy based game and the ONLY ones left with a decent subscription number. The situation in SUBSCRIPTIONS for those other games is SO bad, the MMO tracking subscription sites STOPPED tracking as there is nothing to track anymore these days...

Tldr: We won.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-02 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    14 million.

EvE doesn't have 500k, it has 200k at most.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think the newness of Pandaria has faded off and subscriptions are going to be in decline. I predict 8.5million subs, that means 1.5million lost.
    Get a life.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-02-02 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    2008: WoW had 10.000.000 subs.
    2008: the total MMO competition stood at 2.000.000 subscriptions..

2013: WoW stands around 10.000.000 subs. (no way this winter saw a drop)
    2013: the total MMO competition stands at 600.000 subscriptions, the rest went free to play and most are on life support.

Oh and of those 600k subscribers above almost 500k come from EvE, a NON fantasy based game and the ONLY ones left with a decent subscription number. The situation in SUBSCRIPTIONS for those other games is SO bad, the MMO tracking subscription sites STOPPED tracking as there is nothing to track anymore these days...

Tldr: We won.
    I'm pretty sure Rift has more sub numbers then Eve, which makes your numbers way off.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Rift has more sub numbers then Eve, which makes your numbers way off.
    Rift crumbled to 8 US servers (coming from 57). That's a 16 k concurrent users max.

I think if these guys have 80k left that they'll crawl to Rome on their knees to thank the Pope.

Nah, all of these competitors to WoW subscriptions that WANTED TO GET TO THE MONEY all went free to play in modest survival mode over the last 4 years.

We won
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-02 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Rift crumbled to 8 US servers (coming from 57). That's a 16 k concurrent users max.

I think if these guys have 80k left that they'll crawl to Rome on their knees to thank the Pope.
    Im a fan of BenBos and i agree with your comments!