Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Real money Auction House in World of Warcraft

We all know that Ghostcrawler said that there will be a new system in Mists of Pandaria. What if its going to be a real money auction house just like in Diablo III? Would you like something like that in WoW or not? What do you think?

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/22/di...w-mop-feature/
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2013-02-02 at 11:40 PM.

Source of this quote?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Won't ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    We all know that Ghostcrawler said that there will be a new system in Mists of Pandaria. What if its going to be a real money auction house just like in Diablo III? Would you like something like that in WoW or not? What do you think?
    Source please, and it will never happen, because blizzard aren't THAT stupid. they would never(bloody hope not) do that.

again tho..Source please?

It will never happen in WoW. The only reason it's in Diablo 3 is because it's not a MMO or competitive.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It will never happen in WoW. The only reason it's in Diablo 3 is because it's not a MMO or competitive.
    Do you really think that Blizzard's management gives a crap about it being an MMO or competitive? They don't even know why people play the game. They just want it to make money and if RMAH is a good way to make money (especially if new subscriptions is slowing down), it will be done. No doubts about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/01/22/di...w-mop-feature/
    I would cancel my account immeadiatly

RMAH would probably make a lot of people quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Do you really think that Blizzard's management gives a crap about it being an MMO or competitive? They don't even know why people play the game. They just want it to make money and if RMAH is a good way to make money (especially if new subscriptions is slowing down), it will be done. No doubts about that.
    It didn't work out for D3 which was pretty much a stillbirth, why would they try to impliment a failed online sweatshop into WoW risking to lose much money over it? Even Americans wouldn't be that....

That move would probably be a death row sentence to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    They also care about subscriptions, and I'm willing to bet thousands if not millions will quit if they add a realm money auction house. Once again it will never be added.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The reason this is in Diablo 3 and not WoW is because Diablo is a loot based game and WoW is progression based. Not a big difference between the two but enough for rmah to fit in one and not the other.

Deleted
    No way. The bots will have an even bigger incentive to bot even more. As for the people that don't bot yet, they will surely start it soon after such an implementation.
    Some folks already roll on with @ 2k euros each month just out of botting....so hell NO.

Seeing as how you dont need gold in WoW to do things and can easily make enough gold daily to fullfill your daily needs just by questing and running successful raids. I dont see the point in a RMAH. BoE gear isnt needed to progress, sure it helps you gear faster but isnt needed especially when you get good drops. Mounts and pets are also things that arnt needed but ppl want, but you can save up enough for them just by doing dailies everyday.

No.

I'd be 100% against this.

It works for Diablo, but in a much more complex economy like WoW's, God no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

never say never. but highly unlikely imo.

Deleted
    RMAH would never work in wow

I can't find the link (im sure someone could) but during the Mists beta and when the RMAH was announced for D3 Blizz specifically said that it would not be added into WoW. So I am fairly sure that it is not the "new idea" that will be the game changer of Mists

I don't see what the problem with it being in wow would be. It's not like you can get anything good/important from the AH anyways.